What would you trade for Lawrence?

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Manning was the best qb coming out of college. Yet I watched my huskers make him look pedestrian. He was scared shitless playing for the national title. The answer is you trade no picks. Nothing. Lawrence has played around some of the best talent in all of college fb. Putting him on this team while surrounding him with k-state level talent, would only set the bears back even more.

Save the picks. A qb always falls in the draft.

Now that Trubisky is back, what if Leno decides to start blocking? What if the team has turned on the coach because of the Foles tirade?

Ill predict now, bears make the playoffs and going into week 17 the division is up for grabs....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Whatever it takes.....almost.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yall crazy. I'm not trading everything for 1 guy when I don't even think the other guys in the same draft class are that far behind him. FOH. I'm gonna tell you right now that TLarence will not be the QB with the best career who comes out of this draft. He will be ok, but I predict another QB in this same draft class will have a better career than Lawrence.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Ill predict now, bears make the playoffs and going into week 17 the division is up for grabs....
That would be fun but if the Packers win tommorow night it will be very unlikely.
I'm good on that.

This is how you destroy a franchise for a decade.

Lawrence is a great talent, but its going to take a LOT to trade up for that 1st pick.
Not having a QB is how you destroy a franchise for a decade lol.

If Lawrence was elite, almost no amount if picks would be too high.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
how many championships did the Colts win with the last QB coming out of the draft who was supposed to be the next Peyton Manning? Zero. They weren't even an elite team when he played. They got to the playoffs a couple of times, but were not threatening at all. That same class has a QB who has won a superbowl. So excuse me if I don't believe in "can't miss prospects." I will certainly not give up a ransom just to get Lawrence. There are other QBs in this draft class who I think can do just as well in the NFL. Even this last draft class...if you ask me right now who I would take if we re-drafted, I wouldn't take Burrow...that's for damn sure. He was also supposed to be a "can't miss" prospect.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
how many championships did the Colts win with the last QB coming out of the draft who was supposed to be the next Peyton Manning? Zero. They weren't even an elite team when he played. They got to the playoffs a couple of times, but were not threatening at all. That same class has a QB who has won a superbowl. So excuse me if I don't believe in "can't miss prospects." I will certainly not give up a ransom just to get Lawrence. There are other QBs in this draft class who I think can do just as well in the NFL. Even this last draft class...if you ask me right now who I would take if we re-drafted, I wouldn't take Burrow...that's for damn sure. He was also supposed to be a "can't miss" prospect.
Yea, Foles over Luck, for sure. Everyone knows QBs should be rated based on their teams rather then themselves..

Why wouldnt you take Burrow? He was pretty good for a rookie.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The current team is living proof that you go nowhere without a good line and a non-Special person OC/HC.

Trevor Lawrence is not a generational talent. Hes not even Joe Burrow. I'd love for him to be a Bear, but we've mortgaged the future way too much already. We need to build through the draft. Hopefully our next HC/GM combo will do that.

I'd probably fine with someone like Zach Wilson if it means we can also draft some OL early this year and next. Trading for Trevor would mean more 7th round OL. Fuck that.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
The current team is living proof that you go nowhere without a good line and a non-Special person OC/HC.

Trevor Lawrence is not a generational talent. Hes not even Joe Burrow. I'd love for him to be a Bear, but we've mortgaged the future way too much already. We need to build through the draft. Hopefully our next HC/GM combo will do that.

I'd probably fine with someone like Zach Wilson if it means we can also draft some OL early this year and next. Trading for Trevor would mean more 7th round OL. Fuck that.
Trevor Lawrence is a generational prospect by literally all measure lol.

I dont fault you for preferring a cheaper move up for Wilson, but Lawrence is still the greatest QB prospect since Luck.

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything here except for the Burrow take. Whether he should've been #1 or not remains to be seen but I think he's definitely looking like a can't miss prospect at this point. He's on a trash team but was playing great for a rookie QB, I know he has the bad injury but I'm sure he'll bounce back and show out. Kid's a sure thing if he can stay healthy, believe it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That would be fun but if the Packers win tommorow night it will be very unlikely.
Not having a QB is how you destroy a franchise for a decade lol.

If Lawrence was elite, almost no amount if picks would be too high.

And he's still a prospect, in the NFL draft, which has the highest bust rate of any sport in the first round. He very well could end up being a bust, just like any player in the draft could.

To get him it would take a ridiculous amount. No thanks. This isn't madden.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, Foles over Luck, for sure. Everyone knows QBs should be rated based on their teams rather then themselves..

Why wouldnt you take Burrow? He was pretty good for a rookie.
I was referring to Russel Wilson. He was in that same draft. He is the better QB. Did Seattle mortgage their whole defense to get Luck? no they did not. I don't believe like some here that the Bears need to trade everything just to get the Clemson kid. I don't think he's THAT much better than the other QBs in the same class.

Also I'm not saying I wouldn't take Burrow. I'm saying if I were to redraft, Burrow wouldn't be my #1 pick. I'd take the kid from Oregon who plays for the Chargers. Just like if they were to redraft, Russel Wilson would probably go before Luck. I'm just saying I don't believe in mortgaging everything just for a "can't miss prospect."

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with everything here except for the Burrow take. Whether he should've been #1 or not remains to be seen but I think he's definitely looking like a can't miss prospect at this point. He's on a trash team but was playing great for a rookie QB, I know he has the bad injury but I'm sure he'll bounce back and show out. Kid's a sure thing if he can stay healthy, believe it.
I mispoke on Burrow. I didn't mean I wouldn't take him at all. Was just saying that he wouldn't be the #1 QB I would draft. I would take the Chargers QB if I were to redraft.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me be clear, I'm not saying I wouldn't want to move up for Lawrence. I would. I'm just saying I'm not willing to give up 3 first round picks and Mack to get him, like some of you are suggesting. I'm not giving up everything for him. He's not worth all of that to me. I honestly don't think he would really be that much better in the NFL compared to the other guys in the same class. I could be wrong. I'd give up a future 1 for him and if it's not good enough, hopefully it's good enough for the next QB on the list.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice dream but nah. He does remind a lot of Manning but he's still hasn't played an NFL game. He's only run single read in college and is not quick with his progressions. It's difficult to know, like it was with Watson, if he'll be able to read a full field quickly enough in the NFL and unlike Watson, he's not especially elusive.

I'm not dumping on the guy, just saying he's not absolutely a sure thing. If we could get him for 2 1s and change, I consider it but that won't happen. This thread will probably be necroed in a couple years with folks saying we should of traded 3 1s for him because he likely succeeds. Still doesn't make it the right thing to do before the fact.

Good GMs know what they don't know ( :mad:Pace). You know who's good at playing the odds in NFL drafts. NE and they miss like everyone but they tend to pick up picks that more than make up for those. They average 10 picks a draft and the only year they broke that trend, 2017, was a short term fail with just one pick still one still on the roster but even that allowed them more picks in other drafts so overall a net gain.

If you look at the current NFL, here are the QBs taken #1 with the 1st pick over the last 2 decades.

Tim Couch
Michael Vick
David Carr
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning
Alex Smith
JaMarcus Russell
Matthew Stafford
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Joe Burrow

Jury is still out on the last 2 though they appear to be very good choices but look at the rest and who outside of Luck is worth that bounty and ultimately, Luck wasn't either because of his injury and that his team never made a SB appearance. Getting dings need to be considered and they are also more common with lanky QBs. Burrow probably timed faster than Lawrence will and is likely better at navigating a pocket. Perhaps Trevor will be good at it as well but Joe has been exceptional at it for the amount of reps he's had. This league has earned it's Not For Long moniker and 3 #1s is too much for any player that hasn't played a down in this league.

History lesson. There's only 2 sure thing QBs that had 3 #1s traded for them, Ryan Leaf and RGIII.

Rank current NFL QBs and see how many were taken #1. Not yet elite but only Murray is in the photo and nobody traded up to get him.

Last edited: