What's your top ten draft board?

TheRightWay

Liked Posts:
This draft has 2 Top 5 QB's and 1 Top DL (Anderson), 3 Good CBs
Even before Jalen Carter screwed up, as I've been saying for months, this guy was biggest BUST I've seen in years

After that, the 1st Round is really a bunch of 2nd round picks

I think some really good value in 3rd & 4th Round but Top of Draft is pretty weak

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
1. Right Tackle
2. Center
3. Right Tackle
4. Center
5. Right Tackle
6. Center
7. 3 Tech DT
8. 3 Tech DT
9. Juggs machine for VJJ
10. Another Right Tackle... because fuck you! WE NEED MOAR BEEF BLOCK!

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This draft has 2 Top 5 QB's and 1 Top DL (Anderson), 3 Good CBs
Even before Jalen Carter screwed up, as I've been saying for months, this guy was biggest BUST I've seen in years

After that, the 1st Round is really a bunch of 2nd round picks

I think some really good value in 3rd & 4th Round but Top of Draft is pretty weak

Mmmm k

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1.) Bijan Robinson — best player in the draft.
2.) Christian Gonzalez
3.) Will Anderson
4.) Paris Johnson
5.) JSN
6.) Dalton Kincaid
7.) Devon Witherspoon
8.) Broderick Jones
9.) Anton Harris
10.) Adetomewa Adebewore

These are my top 10 for the Bears. Those who did not have Bijan as one on your list are being disingenuous with the term BPA. Those of you not putting Bijan on your lists are all position scouting and not player scouting.

Having said that, I focused on scheme specific players at OT, disregarded IOL, as none are really in my top 10, but that C out of Wisconsin is close.

Oh, and fuck Carter. His shit’s nowhere near my shit. He, and like I feel, paralleling the Bears, is off my list.

That’s just the way the NFL works now. ?‍♂️

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
That’s just the way the NFL works now. ?‍♂️
You're not wrong, but Poles did just drop about $100 million dollars on off ball linebackers. The league doesn't work that way, either, and a whole lot of heads are saying "Poles hasn't done anything" because of that. So, Poles does what he wants; the league be damned.

Last edited:

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Will Anderson Jr
2. Paris Johnson Jr
3. Tyree Wilson
4. Peter Skoronski
5. Jaxon Smith-Njigba
6. Jalen Carter
7. Bijan Robinson

Something like that for me.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not if they want to win a sb in 2,3 years, imo.

I think Fields is going to be the best young qb in the nfc starting next off-season. Even with that "eraser" of draft mistakes on your roster, I think you need to hit on this first rounder to win a title 2 or 3 years from now.

What one player are you thinking is going to be the tipping point to take us to the SB in 2-3 years?
Positionally I would guess Bijan to be most likely to be the one player to push us over to a SB. It's really the only position that can do it alone. He could help protect QB when needed, he could be a target when needed and he could take handoffs from a club foot backup QB.
But does anyone actually think the Bears are going to pay a top RB? We'll be burning that #9 in 4-5 years. That's not to mention the injury risk to the position and short careers.

Since the change to rookie contracts there isn't much risk to busts.
Odds are any top offense taken #9 won't be around after their 5th year and so far Poles has extended that historic Bears memo to defense too. (In Pole's defense 53 players can't all get the magic $20m+/yr like they seem to think they can.)
If we can't burn that #9 we'd better be trading down again. Just like we burned Smith's #8 and Mack's 2 1sts, 3rd, 5th & 6th.

None of the top players are any more of a sure thing than any other and we're not one player away from greatness.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There's nothing to say a team can't draft him expecting him to play OT. But if more teams are looking at him being more of a G, that will push him down in the draft.

I'd be shocked too if a team drafted him in the top 10-12 just to play him on the interior. He's my top tackle in the draft, but think that Paris is a much safer pick on the outside. Worst case scenario pete would make a great guard....but that would still be a giant failure in my mind. I hated the idea of drafting Q. Nelson back in 2018 because interior lineman are just not worth that high a pick.

1) Will Anderson
2) Tyree Wilson
3) Jalen Carter

4) Peter Skoronski - LT, move braxton to right.
5) Paris - RT , keep braxton at left.
6) Christian Gonzalez
7) Myles Murphy
8) JSN
9) Van Ness
10) Devon Witherspoon

I don't expect the top 3 to be there, and honestly don't want a CB even if adding Gonzalez would make this probably the best back 7 in the NFL.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You're not wrong, but Poles did just drop about $100 million dollars on off ball linebackers. The league doesn't work that way, either, and a whole lot of heads are saying "Poles hasn't done anything" because of that. So, Poles does what he wants; the league be damned.

Off ball linebackers are much more important than a RB. We watched the same bears last year, no?

I love bijan, but they had no issues running the ball at will.

Our defense on the other hand couldn't stop the run at all.

If you are talking about BPA, Bijan would not be BPA for the bears. If you are talking about who the most talented player is? Then sure, but that doesn't mean it would be a smart pick.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

We don't have Montgomery any more.

But I figure if RB in the 1st or 2nd round was in the plans we wouldn't have signed FA RBs.
FA LBs gives me hope that high OTs/C are in the plans. It also gives me fear that the Bears are up to their SOS, everything for defense nothing for offense.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
We don't have Montgomery any more.

But I figure if RB in the 1st or 2nd round was in the plans we wouldn't have signed FA RBs.
The two RBs that they signed are definitely committee backs. Though they may believe they're not, their history of use clearly shows that they work in a tandem. The backs that we have are now more complimentary than anything, like no single one of our backs could be a "bell cow". They would work wonderfully with Bijan, just sayin'.
FA LBs gives me hope that high OTs/C are in the plans. It also gives me fear that the Bears are up to their SOS, everything for defense nothing for offense.
This is my fear, too. We can win a lot more games by scoring a lot more points. The days of needing a D to win championships are hopefully in front of us, but we aren't there yet.
Off ball linebackers are much more important than a RB. We watched the same bears last year, no?
I'm not sure how many people would agree with you about that. It seems that in today's NFL off-ball LBers are the RBs of the D. Maybe SS are valued less, but I'm not even sure about that. Poles has caught a lot of flack for only signing LBers this off-season. A lot.
They had Fields. They didn't run the ball at will. A lot of their runs got smashed at the LOS. Fields got them their yards. The games without Fields saw our running game do what? Exactly. I'm not complaining, their suckage gut us the top pick, so go last years running game, yay.
Our defense on the other hand couldn't stop the run at all.
Getting a run stuffing DT isn't difficult. They can be acquired in the 3rd and later. I'd love to draft Broderic Martin in the 5th or later and watch our D not give up shit. We now have a solid LB group, so stopping the run shouldn't be that difficult. Getting a pass rush going to win games on D by stopping them, now that'll take a while to build.
If you are talking about BPA, Bijan would not be BPA for the bears.
He's a very smart pick for the Bears. We would win more games with him than any pick in the draft right now. It's that simple. We draft Bijan, and we will score more points.
If you are talking about who the most talented player is? Then sure, but that doesn't mean it would be a smart pick.
The smart pick is always the best player. Picking lesser players for needs is a sucker's game.

Reactions: Myk

baredown

Liked Posts:
Arranged in buckets:

Bucket 1 - worth trading up for:
Anderson

Bucket 2 - worth staying at #9 for, even with offers:
B. Jones
Van Ness
Wilson

Bucket 3 - no good offers for #9, and need to take somebody:
Skoronski
Johnson
Murphy
Gonzalez

Bucket 4 - the tradedown-only guys, somewhere between 11 & 20:
Bijan
Wright
Witherspoon

Bucket 5 - nope, not anywhere in the 1st round:
Carter
N. Smith
any of the WRs
any of the TEs
any of the IOL guys

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
1. Paris Johnson Jr.
2. Will Anderson
3. Tyree Wilson
4. Christian Gonzales
5. JSN
6. Broderick Jones
7. Bijan
8. Witherspoon
9. Skoronski
10. Darnell Wright

Carter is off my board because he’s a fat tub of lazy goo.
Honestly, I never really thought of goo having the ability to be lazy, who knew...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If JSN is really this good just take him and don’t look back.
I think he is. He will be no worse than Olave and Garrett Wilson as a pro IMO

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jalen Carter--not sure if he even stays on a true board for me
Bijan Robinson
Tyree Wilson
Pete Skoronski
Will Anderson
JSN
Christian Gonzalez
Devon Witherspoon
Calijah Kancey
Broderick Jones

Edit: I came back to add Lukas Van Ness. Just can't leave him off any list i have.

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
All I stated is I think the bears need to hit on the pick if they want to win a title within 3 years, given that I think fields is going to be really good.

I explicitly stated it's my opinion. You used the word literally in a statement you can't prove.

All the bears have to show for first round picks of late is fields. I think it's a pipe dream to think that can continue for another year and win a superbowl in the very near future. It's a very simple concept.

Failure to answer that simple question says you're full of shit.
What you were replying to made it sound like you were saying Carter was the only player to take so I guess that is the case. Pretty odd for someone thinking Fields is the guy.
When I reread it I thought maybe you were saying Bijan. Which I could agree with but taking a RB is not without risk.
So I asked, you failed to answer.

Besides that it's a parody of a member the Bears can literally fail on a pick. That was fixed by the NFL quite a while ago so busts don't hurt near as bad.
Like Smith & Mack whoever we take at #9 is probably not going to be long term. Even if they're great their ego will likely be greater and they'll want more money than they're worth.
Talent and willingness to take lower pay on a team that isn't willing to use that money to win isn't likely. Everyone wants $20m/yr and that math doesn't work.

Actuarily the assessment of risk. There are no guarantees in the draft no matter how much your ego tells you that your opinion is a guarantee. You could draft a player one day, the next day they could be diagnosed with leukemia.

So yes the Bears literally can fail actuarily.

About the only thing the Bears can't fail at is providing protection for the QB AGAIN, but even that won't matter to the team long term, only Fields' career. If they don't protect him there's 2 firsts next year to combine and get the #1 pick for the next QB.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Huh? At no point did Carter even cross my mind. I was mocking his suggestion that it isn't even worth considering picking Robinson. I'm full of shit because I didnt ask a question fueled by your delusions?

You didn't answer a simple question to clarify something you were replying to. Had you answered you would've been much less full of shit.

I would've even agreed, people who automatically blow off drafting RBs or oline in the top 10 are just wrong.
If they would pay attention to other teams instead of their delusions about who the Bears are they would notice teams that don't have a problem taking offense high do much better than the Bears have since they've gotten into the habit of focusing on talent only for defense.
Their refusal to consider positions for high picks also says they're lying when they claim BPA. It's not BPA when they'll only consider defense eligible to be the best players.

I also think they're hung up on busts like Enis and Benson. They conveniently forget the defensive busts.