Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade Up for:
Will Anderson

Good value at 9:
Tyree Wilson (pending medical)
Paris Johnson / B. Jones (either Poles' choice) - safe pick & worthy keeper beyond rookie deal
Gonzalez / Witherspoon (Poles' choice) - JJ's days may be numbered after his rookie deal expires. Saves cap at pricy position if so.

Trade-down:
Luke Van Ness - actual lifelong Bears fan (unlike T-Rex Cheesehead G)
JSN
Bijan (prefer Gibbs plan below)
Darnell Wright - RT is perfect fit if he's all that

❌ Do Not Draft:
?Scronski - no way he falls to where he should be of value at G. Also - he's a PACKER fan, despite idiot media yapping about him being another "local guy". ? Zero loyalty to Bears...opposite in fact. His Dad played for GB, so not his fault.
?Jalen Carter - unless they really think they can fix his work ethic & personality. Looks like a terrible fit for "track shoes" practices of Flus.
?Myles Murphy - good run stopper, but poor pass rusher at a pass rusher position. He'll also go too high for a work in progress.

RB plan B - I like that Bijan can block and catch at a very high level, but Bears don't need a bell-cow. I'd rather they grab a much faster and explosive Jahmyr Gibbs to compliment Foreman for a nice bruiser/cruiser change of pace combo (along with Fields). Can replace Foreman with a later pick this/next year if he flames out, but looks great lately & deserves some touches as RB1A w/ Gibbs as 1B.
Jahmyr Gibbs Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

RT plan B - Matthew Bergeron looks to be a beast. 4th best OL prospect per NFL, and could be had in late 2nd if not 3rd? Yes please. Need JMSchmitz at C (or another strong C) by 3rd Rd too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trade Up for:
Will Anderson

Good value at 9:
Tyree Wilson (pending medical)
Paris Johnson / B. Jones (either Poles' choice) - safe pick & worthy keeper beyond rookie deal
Gonzalez / Witherspoon (Poles' choice) - JJ's days may be numbered after his rookie deal expires. Saves cap at pricy position if so.

Trade-down:
Luke Van Ness - actual lifelong Bears fan (unlike T-Rex Cheesehead G)
JSN
Bijan (prefer Gibbs plan below)
Darnell Wright - RT is perfect fit if he's all that

❌ Do Not Draft:
?Scronski - no way he falls to where he should be of value at G. Also - he's a PACKER fan, despite idiot media yapping about him being another "local guy". ? Zero loyalty to Bears...opposite in fact. His Dad played for GB, so not his fault.
?Jalen Carter - unless they really think they can fix his work ethic & personality. Looks like a terrible fit for "track shoes" practices of Flus.
?Myles Murphy - good run stopper, but poor pass rusher at a pass rusher position. He'll also go too high for a work in progress.

RB plan B - I like that Bijan can block and catch at a very high level, but Bears don't need a bell-cow. I'd rather they grab a much faster and explosive Jahmyr Gibbs to compliment Foreman for a nice bruiser/cruiser change of pace combo (along with Fields). Can replace Foreman with a later pick this/next year if he flames out, but looks great lately & deserves some touches as RB1A w/ Gibbs as 1B.
Jahmyr Gibbs Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

RT plan B - Matthew Bergeron looks to be a beast. 4th best OL prospect per NFL, and could be had in late 2nd if not 3rd? Yes please. Need JMSchmitz at C (or another strong C) by 3rd Rd too.
Nice. Not sure I don't like Wilson as much as Anderson for this D. I'm liking Van Ness more and more as I watch his play and if the Bear do as well, a trade down will be risky as he's on the move. I'm also all about Gibbs. I bet he's gone by 53 but he's a player I wouldn't mind moving up a for if he starts to drop in 2.

If the Bear take Bijan or JSN at 9, I won't hate on it until I see them in pads but not what I personally want them to do. I'd MUCH rather have Van Ness or even reach for Kancey there. DL is easily the biggest need on this team. I see posters say we need more scoring but we had a 4 game streak where we averaged 31 points per game and lost 3 of those. After surprising NE with an offensive scheme change, we lost the next 3. In the last ten games of the year, after the O change and teams realized Justin could bust them, the D allowed over 33 points per game and we went 0-10.

That said, we did fix LB after losing Smith but the DL is still a huge concern, even if Gipson and Robinson step it up. Robinson is the guy to watch to see if he can come on. Lots of potential but needs to develop his skill set and that was known when drafted. Both those guys will be a lot more effective if the QB can't step up.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Will Anderson
CJ Stroud
Bryce Young
Peter Skoronski
Tyree Wilson
Myles Murphy
Anthony Richardson
Lukas Van Ness
Paris Johnson Jr
Christian González/Clark Phillips II

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
RB plan B - I like that Bijan can block and catch at a very high level, but Bears don't need a bell-cow.

I don't think we go RB because we've already set up your plan to telegraph what we're doing by what committee RB is in but it shouldn't be ruled out for all the excuses people come up with to not take a RB high. Especially not on the Bears who have a history of great RBs to make up for the history of ignoring the rest of the offense which many of you saying don't ever take a RB high are wanting to continue.

I mean if we're going to force the history of having a defense at the cost of an offense we should also force the history of having a RB who can make up for the lack of an offense.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think we go RB because we've already set up your plan to telegraph what we're doing by what committee RB is in but it shouldn't be ruled out for all the excuses people come up with to not take a RB high. Especially not on the Bears who have a history of great RBs to make up for the history of ignoring the rest of the offense which many of you saying don't ever take a RB high are wanting to continue.

I mean if we're going to force the history of having a defense at the cost of an offense we should also force the history of having a RB who can make up for the lack of an offense.

I'd have no issue with Bijan TBH, even at 9 if they really have "conviction" on him being generational. My RB plan B is more of a have your cake & eat it too idea. Bijan is his own thread & it's interesting how some think him the next Saquan, while others don't. IDK. I don't like the idea of PHI stacking with Bijan at 10 tho. Maybe they pass on him for a DB, IDK that either.

It's Bijan or JSN + Tier 2 OL or DL
or
Tier 1 OL or DL + Gibbs or Tier 2 OL or DL

All depends on how highly Poles rates these "buckets" of guys vs. his blue-chippers. No doubt OL & DL are biggest needs. There are also more of them IF later rounds and development can bear fruit. Also more of them avail. in FA with post draft cap cuts/trades, which many here seem to assume isn't an option for a good player, but there should be + Bears have the cash to do it while many do not (advantage Bears). We'll see!

Reactions: Myk