When will you have true confidence in the Bears

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was thinking about this today and I am wondering when everyone else will truly have confidence in the Bears? The kind of confidence that fans of good teams have where you do not have that doubt creep into the back of your mind.

I still have doubts even when they are up big, or playing an inferior player.

For me I think it will be half way through next season as long as they can sustain some success. I need 20+ games of quality football before I truly let go of some of the angst and doubts from the last 10 years.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Win a playoff game...
That would be a high pressure situation against a high caliber team.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
After more then one good season and consistently producing and beating teams they should beat.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I still don't have complete confidence in "Swaggy" Nagy.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Not sure what is meant by "true confidence". I have true confidence in the Bears right now. They have better players than most of the teams they are playing. They have quality coaches. If they do face a superior opponent like the Rams or Saints, the Bears can still compete and possibly win because of the strength of their defense.

Its hard to figure what will "carry over" into next year, so basing your confidence on what happened in the past or what could happen in the future is probably not the best way to think about it. Just focus on the present.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I always have full confidence towards the Bears. I don’t expect them to shut guys down like the 85 Bears. Those kind of teams come every blue moon. We are lucky to live in the era of Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees. We expect that kind of performance from our quarterback. We just got lucky to have all those guys playing in the same era. Back to reality. A tad above average quarterbacks playing in the NFL. Where you get 1 or 2 elite quarterbacks in a decade or 2.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure what is meant by "true confidence". I have true confidence in the Bears right now. They have better players than most of the teams they are playing. They have quality coaches. If they do face a superior opponent like the Rams or Saints, the Bears can still compete and possibly win because of the strength of their defense.

Its hard to figure what will "carry over" into next year, so basing your confidence on what happened in the past or what could happen in the future is probably not the best way to think about it. Just focus on the present.

For some reason I find myself still waiting for the bottom to fall out of what they are doing.

I agree, I like their talent and their coach, and I know that a lot of this stems from previous regimes and failures.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For me, confidence is related to competency of the GM and coaching staff. I'm feeling pretty good. Right now, our O is full of rookies, a young QB and 2nd stringers. Mitch, Daniels, Gabriel, Burton, Witzmann, Miller. Our lead back for this O is Cohen and as good as he is, he shouldn't be and is more a do everything compliment type. That some of the pieces fit this well and are producing says a lot about this staff's vision and how quickly they can work things out.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I have confidence when we have a lead or are down by a score with Trubisky in. This offense can scoot when it's clicking, and we were seeing that happen with regularity before Chase came in.

I still have angst going against teams that have enjoyed now recent success, but that's different. I'm more confident than I was at the start of the season, which says to me we are ahead of schedule.

I'm thinking this is what a rebuild would more normally look like. We are all still feeling act 1 of purging the dead weight and act 2 of building the foundation of a perennial competitor. Now we're on the rise and have yet to near the potential of our current team. Trubisky has some growth to do, but that's normal.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have confidence when we have a lead or are down by a score with Trubisky in. This offense can scoot when it's clicking, and we were seeing that happen with regularity before Chase came in.

I still have angst going against teams that have enjoyed now recent success, but that's different. I'm more confident than I was at the start of the season, which says to me we are ahead of schedule.

I'm thinking this is what a rebuild would more normally look like. We are all still feeling act 1 of purging the dead weight and act 2 of building the foundation of a perennial competitor. Now we're on the rise and have yet to near the potential of our current team. Trubisky has some growth to do, but that's normal.

When do we feel like this?

dakbear

Liked Posts:
I will start having confidence when the defense begins closing these games out. Miami, Green Bay, and now Giants. Nice leads in these games and the defense gave up too many points in the second half of each of these games. They have the talent to be successful with the lead, but something is just off with them. I have no confidence right now that they can shut a team down when we have the lead. It has been blown coverages, missed tackles and lack of pressure on the quarterback in the 2nd half of these games that has been really concerning to me.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When do we feel like this?

When the Oline is solidified. Better protection, leaving that fear of the big negative play or getting the QB hurt. They can fall back on a power game if needing to run clock or if weather conditions are bad. Not as a primary offensive scheme, but as the safety net.

When they get the lead now, we don't want to get conservative, but we do want to run some clock, and rest the D. Improve the OL and they can do that.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The defense is the strength of the team. It still allows average teams to get back in games too much for me to have a great deal of confidence at this point.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Hopefully early next season tbh..

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clinching a playoff spot would go a long way.....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Win multiple playoff games across several seasons. Remember Lovie went to the playoffs several times so for me it is about showing you can take several different teams iterations of the Bears to the playoffs. That is the only way to prove this is a sustained effort and not merely the same thing we saw under Angelo and Lovie.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beat teams with more than 3 or 4 wins. Our most impressive win was against Seattle, but would some of you guys agree they've gotten better as the season has come along?

A playoff win works miracles for fan confidence. With this team, depending on our opponent, a one-and-done playoff rout would kill confidence again.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
With this team, depending on our opponent, a one-and-done playoff rout would kill confidence again.

How would losing in the 1st round of the postseason change your outlook for next year? I think it would be the same for me. I would expect the Bears to compete with the Vikes for the division and make the postseason again.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
When they string together 4-5 games looking like a superior team. Win convincingly against lesser teams( kicking them when they are down, henceforth to be called Kareem Hunting them,), look near unbeatable at home, take teams like the Rams? Saints to the distance.