Where do the Fields haters stand on Caleb Williams as a prospect?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I see it looks like @Black Rainbow is already furiously typing away loling at folks optimistic about Caleb Williams. And then you have @Zion returning to reeeeeeeeee about Caleb because of the color pink.

I would have thought some fervent Fields supporters would have displayed this sort of behavior but seems like pretty much all are on board with CW at #1.

Weird...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Its cause the same losers cant be happy unless they are cunting. We all know black rainbow has gained a fetish for abuse after his time in prison.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think there were very few actual JF haters. But I do think some fall in one of two buckets:

1. Will talk shit about whoever we have/the team just to antagonize the fan base. They seem to be effective in doing so. Best is to just ignore them.

2. Those who are bitterly pessimistic about any QB we would be getting because they are expecting it to fail no matter what. This, to me, is driven by ego to some extent. If you're right, you'll be pounding your chest telling everyone you #calledit. If you're wrong, well, you'll still be happy because your favorite team is benefiting and you're "happy to be wrong." Either way, you "win."

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think there were very few actually JF haters. But I do think some fall in one of two buckets:

1. Will talk shit about whoever we have/the team just to antagonize the fan base. They seem to be effective in doing so. Best is to just ignore them.

2. Those who are bitterly pessimistic about any QB we would be getting because they are expecting it to fail no matter what. This, to me, is driven by ego to some extent. If you're right, you'll be pounding your chest telling everyone you #calledit. If you're wrong, well, you'll still be happy because your favorite team is benefiting and you're "happy to be wrong." Either way, you "win."
So basically what @msadows said

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

My sources tell me George is planning on switching up the Metallica kickoff music for the song Pink per Caleb’s request.

The NFL is still deciding if the Pink and Navy uniforms will be approved

Pink, it's my new obsession, yeah
Pink, it's not even a question
Pink, on the lips of your lover (oh)
'Cause pink is the love you discover
Pink, as the bing on your cherry
Pink, 'cause you are so very
Pink, it's the color of passion
'Cause today it just goes with the fashion
Pink, it was love at first sight
Yeah, pink when I turn out the light
And pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight
You could be my flamingo
'Cause pink it's the new kinda lingo
Pink, like a deco umbrella
It's kink, but you don't ever tell her, yeah
Pink, it was love at first sight
Yeah, pink when I turn out the light
Yeah, pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
I want to be your lover
I wanna wrap you in rubber
And it's pink as the sheets that we lay on
'Cause pink, it's my favorite crayon, yeah
Pink, it was love at first sight, yeah
Pink, when I turn out the light
Yeah, pink, it's like red but not quite
And I think, everything is going to be all right

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm cautiously optimistic. It would be amazing if the Bears finally got this right. For the first time ever all the pieces are pretty much there, at least on paper. Not happy about Fields, but I am 100% on board. We shall see. Exciting regardless.

Also, turds gonna turd.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I was a huge Fields supporter so I guess I don’t qualify. As much as I admired Fields, Caleb is a massive upgrade. It will be obvious and it will happen quickly.

What cracks me up is I saw Mike Tannenbaum on ESPN today. That dipstick was constantly dogging Fields. Now he’s suggesting that Fields is going to be the story of the season as a Steeler. All of the guys on the panel said Justin will replace Wilson as the starter this season. I hope he plays enough to get that draft pick to a 4th.

Good luck Justin and let’s fucking go Caleb!

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think there were very few actual JF haters. But I do think some fall in one of two buckets:

To add to No. 2, it's usually hard to be "wrong" if you choose someone to fail. You can find any number of metrics to dig in your heels... you could also use the record or simply Super Bowl wins. The goalposts can continuously move. You probably run out of time in the event that the person does become Brady/Mahomes, but the odds are so low, it's a good bet to say they'll be a bust and just die on that hill if needed. For example... if you were someone that hated Lamar... Herbert... Allen... you can probably easily formulate some kind of argument to say they're overrated and refuse to say you're wrong. Picking someone to fail (or be a bust or not be good) is the easy side to choose, always.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, no one knows how Little Willy is going to play in the next few years. We will not know until he actually plays the next few years. Now having said that, the prognosticators of NFL QB prospects have told us, he's an above average talent in how he performs in college. Better than anything in a long while not named Luck. So, will he be better than Fields? We get to find out as I bet Fields will end up starting games for the Steelers, and perhaps their "competent" coach. Will it change the Fields we couldn't garner a 2nd round pick for into a better, more consistent NFL QB? Again, wait and see time.

We will all play the waiting game.

greg23

Liked Posts:
One guy looked like a deer in headlights/rb1 from the jump and didn't improved much

The other......

Actually looks like an actual passer.....but time will tell if it translates to the.nfl

As I mentioned 6 months ago; this wasn't a hard decision....now it's up to the bears and Williams to make it work

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was a huge Fields supporter so I guess I don’t qualify. As much as I admired Fields, Caleb is a massive upgrade. It will be obvious and it will happen quickly.

What cracks me up is I saw Mike Tannenbaum on ESPN today. That dipstick was constantly dogging Fields. Now he’s suggesting that Fields is going to be the story of the season as a Steeler. All of the guys on the panel said Justin will replace Wilson as the starter this season. I hope he plays enough to get that draft pick to a 4th.

Good luck Justin and let’s fucking go Caleb!
This is exactly where I've been since bears secured the #1 pick. Wanted Justin to work out, never thought bears would have the opportunity to get Williams. I wish Fields was worth more to the league than a 6th and myself believe that the Steelers got a steal there, but I'm super excited about Caleb as a bear and the pieces that have been assembled so far to welcome him as a starter.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I see it looks like @Black Rainbow is already furiously typing away loling at folks optimistic about Caleb Williams. And then you have @Zion returning to reeeeeeeeee about Caleb because of the color pink.

I would have thought some fervent Fields supporters would have displayed this sort of behavior but seems like pretty much all are on board with CW at #1.

Weird...
Wow I’m surprised a no take having coward like him hasn’t backed a #1 overall qb who’s been labeled by many as generational. Mitch truly broke him lmaaaaoooo

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm cautiously optimistic. It would be amazing if the Bears finally got this right. For the first time ever all the pieces are pretty much there, at least on paper. Not happy about Fields, but I am 100% on board. We shall see. Exciting regardless.

Also, turds gonna turd.
I think many of those that wanted to keep Fields now think all the pieces are in place simply due to us getting CW without fully realizing how they got there.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is exactly where I've been since bears secured the #1 pick. Wanted Justin to work out, never thought bears would have the opportunity to get Williams. I wish Fields was worth more to the league than a 6th and myself believe that the Steelers got a steal there, but I'm super excited about Caleb as a bear and the pieces that have been assembled so far to welcome him as a starter.
I totally agree.

Also, Justin is going to a great spot. The Steelers love to run the football and Arthur Smith (their new OC) did a wonderful job getting the best out of Tannehill when they were both at Tennessee.

Pittsburgh has two good RBs, an excellent young TE, and a Pickens.

Justin will fit well there.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am still assembling my dossier of ccs fields haters, will let you know

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol are there any posters left that use ccs with any frequency Not on @Black Rainbow's ignore list??