Where do the Fields haters stand on Caleb Williams as a prospect?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think many of those that wanted to keep Fields now think all the pieces are in place simply due to us getting CW without fully realizing how they got there.
Keenan Allen was a tipping point for me. But I still would have liked to see Fields stay and a trade down. Good lord this team could have been STACKED. But either way, it's a good time to be a Bears fan.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Caleb Williams is good then I will be happy to be a bears fan if not there is always the 2025 draft

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I think a really fun question is what will the fields Stans say when he is the same QB he was in Chicago, in Pitt? Will we get more excuses or will there be acceptance?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To add to No. 2, it's usually hard to be "wrong" if you choose someone to fail. You can find any number of metrics to dig in your heels... you could also use the record or simply Super Bowl wins. The goalposts can continuously move. You probably run out of time in the event that the person does become Brady/Mahomes, but the odds are so low, it's a good bet to say they'll be a bust and just die on that hill if needed. For example... if you were someone that hated Lamar... Herbert... Allen... you can probably easily formulate some kind of argument to say they're overrated and refuse to say you're wrong. Picking someone to fail (or be a bust or not be good) is the easy side to choose, always.

Skip Bayless is the king of it. He always sets things up in a way so that he ends up being right. For example, he could be talking shit about Rodgers, saying he's no Brady, etc., but still pick the Packers to win. If they win, then he was right because he picked them, but will give tons of credit to the entire team to diminish Rodgers. If they lose, "I told you he's no Brady! I've been saying it all along!" At that point, people are focusing on his Rodgers take and forgetting that he picked Rodgers and the Packers to win.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Skip Bayless is the king of it. He always sets things up in a way so that he ends up being right. For example, he could be talking shit about Rodgers, saying he's no Brady, etc., but still pick the Packers to win. If they win, then he was right because he picked them, but will give tons of credit to the entire team to diminish Rodgers. If they lose, "I told you he's no Brady! I've been saying it all along!" At that point, people are focusing on his Rodgers take and forgetting that he picked Rodgers and the Packers to win.

My post just reminded me of this haha

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a really fun question is what will the fields Stans say when he is the same QB he was in Chicago, in Pitt? Will we get more excuses or will there be acceptance?

Man I hope Caleb is good for the Bears sake and us as fans sake so we don't have to deal with those insufferable assholes.

Any little critique of Fields and you were an idiot or moron and were quick to keep disliking your posts. There was one particular poster that would dislike any post I made simply cause I expressed my opinion on Fields.

If Caleb is good we don't even have to worry about that. Hell if Fields balls out and so does Caleb fuck yeah.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Man I hope Caleb is good for the Bears sake and us as fans sake so we don't have to deal with those insufferable assholes.

Any little critique of Fields and you were an idiot or moron and were quick to keep disliking your posts. There was one particular poster that would dislike any post I made simply cause I expressed my opinion on Fields.

If Caleb is good we don't even have to worry about that. Hell if Fields balls out and so does Caleb fuck yeah.
Lol was it tez? I wonder what he's up to these days

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keenan Allen was a tipping point for me. But I still would have liked to see Fields stay and a trade down. Good lord this team could have been STACKED. But either way, it's a good time to be a Bears fan.
Definitely a clear step up from Mooney but Mooney sure got way too much crap for being a good WR. Market got him $17m after a nonproductive year. What did it get the other 1/2 of the equation?

Sorry but I hated that Mooney caught so much blame from apologists.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely a clear step up from Mooney but Mooney sure got way too much crap for being a good WR. Market got him $17m after a nonproductive year. What did it get the other 1/2 of the equation?

Sorry but I hated that Mooney caught so much blame from apologists.

I think Mooney would be a hell of a three with Moore and Allen.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was a huge Fields supporter so I guess I don’t qualify. As much as I admired Fields, Caleb is a massive upgrade. It will be obvious and it will happen quickly.

What cracks me up is I saw Mike Tannenbaum on ESPN today. That dipstick was constantly dogging Fields. Now he’s suggesting that Fields is going to be the story of the season as a Steeler. All of the guys on the panel said Justin will replace Wilson as the starter this season. I hope he plays enough to get that draft pick to a 4th.

Good luck Justin and let’s fucking go Caleb!

To be fair he was advocating moving on from Fields in the context of Bears having the No 1 pick the past 2 years and thus having the option to reset the QB clock with the top QB in the draft.

The Steelers arent in that situation but rather have an aging Wilson competing with Fields. In that context the Steelers are better off if Fields wins the job.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Vogue queen.
giphy.gif