Where do the Fields haters stand on Caleb Williams as a prospect?

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a really fun question is what will the fields Stans say when he is the same QB he was in Chicago, in Pitt? Will we get more excuses or will there be acceptance?
I don't know. If he succeeds in Pittsburgh it doesn't mean anything. Could've just been a bad fit in Chicago.

Hopefully the Stans are watching and cheering for the bears.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think a really fun question is what will the fields Stans say when he is the same QB he was in Chicago, in Pitt? Will we get more excuses or will there be acceptance?
Well that’s why as much as I’m a fields guy I didn’t want to take the chance passing on cw and end up in a Daniel jones situation set the team back

Speed

Liked Posts:
Hate is a strong word, but after Fields got hurt in the Vikings game it was obvious to me that it probably over. He needed to have a flawless, damn near historic 2nd half to the season to even make it a conversation when it was evident the Panthers were gonna be ass.

With that aside I loved what I've seen from Williams. IDK if it would put him as Le GEnErAtiOnAL QB or whatever the hell that means. Maybe the tier under that. Regardless the expectations should be high taking the entire picture into account. I think high expectations are good for him, but especially the fanbase. It's past time people stop making excuses for mediocrity and/or stoic hard working lovable losers. It could be RuPaul back there or the most Stone Cold bastard ever back there playing QB. I don't care give me a great QB for once in my life FFS.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hate is a strong word, but after Fields got hurt in the Vikings game it was obvious to me that it probably over. He needed to have a flawless, damn near historic 2nd half to the season to even make it a conversation when it was evident the Panthers were gonna be ass.

With that aside I loved what I've seen from Williams. IDK if it would put him as Le GEnErAtiOnAL QB or whatever the hell that means. Maybe the tier under that. Regardless the expectations should be high taking the entire picture into account. I think high expectations are good for him, but especially the fanbase. It's past time people stop making excuses for mediocrity and/or stoic hard working lovable losers. It could be RuPaul back there or the most Stone Cold bastard ever back there playing QB. I don't care give me a great QB for once in my life FFS.
Do you care if the qb is purple though?

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
From my viewpoint, 99% of the Justin Fields supporters are not and have never been anti-Caleb Williams. It’s fair to want to see the kid handle NFL players before crowning Caleb Williams, though. We simply wanted to see Justin Fields be given a fair chance at success (Competent OC, good Offensive Line, good RBs, two exceptional WRs, and a good pair of TEs). Caleb Williams will be given that, which I believe is great for his and the Bears success. Thus, the anticipation of a playoff run this upcoming season.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I see it looks like @Black Rainbow is already furiously typing away loling at folks optimistic about Caleb Williams. And then you have @Zion returning to reeeeeeeeee about Caleb because of the color pink.

I would have thought some fervent Fields supporters would have displayed this sort of behavior but seems like pretty much all are on board with CW at #1.

Weird...
I don't know why @Black Rainbow doesn't make it official and change his name to Eeyore.

He can use the following as his avatar.

7_5MiiVgHaJl?w=117&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Are some of these posters even Bears fans? In a couple threads I was reading, it seems to be a couple Detroit Lions fans giving opinions on what they’d like the Bears to do.

That’s hilarious, considering they obviously want us to be weaker to help their team be successful in the division.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We’ll see how the draft goes

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Do you care if the qb is purple though?

If he's as great a QB as Prince was a musician and performer, then CW will be in G.O.A.T. conversations.

Katesboobsrgr8

Liked Posts:
I see it looks like @Black Rainbow is already furiously typing away loling at folks optimistic about Caleb Williams. And then you have @Zion returning to reeeeeeeeee about Caleb because of the color pink.

I would have thought some fervent Fields supporters would have displayed this sort of behavior but seems like pretty much all are on board with CW at #1.

Weird...

Williams pissing off these wingnuts over the color of his phone case is the first of many victories I forsee CW delivering to rational Bears fans.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Keenan Allen was a tipping point for me. But I still would have liked to see Fields stay and a trade down. Good lord this team could have been STACKED. But either way, it's a good time to be a Bears fan.
A stacked team with up and down QB play gets you S.F. it's still not good enough. And it won't be good enough as long as Mahomes is in the NFL.

And Purdys ups are far higher then anything Fields has ever put on the field.

Scobear

Liked Posts:
I don't know. If he succeeds in Pittsburgh it doesn't mean anything. Could've just been a bad fit in Chicago.

Hopefully the Stans are watching and cheering for the bears.

Not a Fields stan, but it means a 4th round pick rather than a 6th round pick, its really that simple. We should all be pulling for Fields to succeed in Pitt unless he's playing against the Bears or him playing badly helps the Bears.

napo55

Liked Posts:
A stacked team with up and down QB play gets you S.F. it's still not good enough. And it won't be good enough as long as Mahomes is in the NFL.

And Purdys ups are far higher then anything Fields has ever put on the field.
Put Purdy in Chicago with the lack of offensive weapons compared to what SF had, and what do you think would happen?

Speed

Liked Posts:
Put Purdy in Chicago with the lack of offensive weapons compared to what SF had, and what do you think would happen?
I'd guess he doesn't do what he did last year, but he still does better than Fields (For however wide of a range that looks like). It's not all that supporting cast. Garropola and 1 play Trey had it, and didn't do anything like what Brock did. The guy is a good QB.