1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Burpers are quality posters now? :aj:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Burpers are quality posters now? :aj:

I actually see Pat like you at times. At times you can be even handed in your evaluation of the Cubs. You don't come up with logic like...Vogelbach, Castillo and a spec for Hamels.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I actually see Pat like you at times. At times you can be even handed in your evaluation of the Cubs. You don't come up with logic like...Vogelbach, Castillo and a spec for Hamels.
Well sure. I'm a true realist as a Cubs fan. :D

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I love the cubs.

I'm also a realistic fan. I believe in critiquing shitty management and shitty moves. Nowhere on my cubs fan card does it say I have to love and slurp every move.......

I'm excited about this team going forward. I don't believe in spouting off nonsense about projections, about who is going to succeed based off of one year or sabremetric projections.

I believe in whats in front of me and base my opinions on observations.

I detest meatballs and their stupid opinions. I have no problem telling them they're Special person.

I think Jon Lester is a fantastic pitcher and am glad we have him. I also think there are 14 pitchers better than him that I would rather have, but that's fine because there are teams out there in way worse situations without 1 TOR pitcher, a must sign I can check off.

So yeah. Call me jaded. I'm not all sunshine, lolly pops and rainbows. Being a bears fan, 'winning the offseason' means nothing to me, which is arguably what the cubs and Chisox are the toasts of the town for.

I think this team is still many pieces short of the team in Missouri taking us seriously. Need better LF, which I'm curious to see what happens as Ruggiano was just dealt. Still need another SP, and you know what--if the Scherzer market fades--throw a hat in the ring. Don't be afraid of Scott Boras. After all, if Bryant pans out--who do you think you're going to negotiate an extension with?

So am I.....

What tipped you? And why didn't you figure it out sooner? I figured you'd have pegged me by writing style and my preference of Chris Sale.

And what are you drinking? Me? Homemade brew. Because Three Floyds decided to get expensive, but equipment and ingredients to clone the beer became cheap and easy.......sooooo yeah.

And no, I wont turn my account over to KB this time.....so don't get your panties in a bunch.....something tells me the entire hen house will at the mention of his name. He's gone beyond reality and straight up just argues to argue now when he had great points. He'll still lighten up when they start winning......

Good to see you posting Pat. I still think they are holding out for 2015's F/A class though. I trust Price over Max from this point forward. Not to mention I'm curious to see if Turner wins a rotation spot. Of who they have as bottom of the rotation he is the only one with upside. But I would say they are 2 SP short as I question both Hendricks and Wada repeating.

LF: I really see Schwarber getting it next year. I would trade Jackson for Swisher or Wood for Dominic Brown and try to build up trade value in LF. Coghland even if he repeats is worth little in a return.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Make that in 2016. He is fast track but not that fast

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cant ban anyone. I have like no powers people. lol

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I cant ban anyone. I have like no powers people. lol
That's too bad. It's been nice on this forum not dealing with burpers calling other people meatballs and retards just because their opinion is different. This isn't the Bears forum.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i love how the positive all rainbows and butterflies fans can blab on and on but someone who feels the opposite cant voice their opinion. banning for something like that is ridiculous

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
i love how the positive all rainbows and butterflies fans can blab on and on but someone who feels the opposite cant voice their opinion. banning for something like that is ridiculous

I could be wrong but I don't think the banning was because they had an opposite opinion or hatred towards the cubs ( otherwise youd be gone ; )) )..

I believe it had to do more with that they didnt know how to hold a somewhat civil conversation and just blatantly blew up every thread....

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I could be wrong but I don't think the banning was because they had an opposite opinion or hatred towards the cubs ( otherwise youd be gone ; )) )..

I believe it had to do more with that they didnt know how to hold a somewhat civil conversation and just blatantly blew up every thread....
Don't bother with stating facts. Dews is crapping rainbows and butterflies about posters who not only state their opinion of the Cubs, but also can't state that opinion without calling everyone else names to make themselves feel better.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
You're delusional if you really think this. Unless you're a troll. Then well played.

And you're a "realist" right? If you're a fan then you're "a homer" and if you're negative all the time then you're "an expert" and a "a realist?" No, that negativity doesn't make you sound any smarter as you'd like to think.

So since Jon Lester is on the Cubs I automatically have to think less of him because I can't be a "homer?" Did I say he was Clayton Kershaw?

I've always liked Jon Lester, I've always thought that he was very good pitcher. Look at his numbers and look at where he has ranked among other pitchers. Seems to me that he is top 10 in a lot categories most seasons. He also competed in the AL, which has to pitch against a DH instead of a pitcher, too.

If this is patg006 (or whatever their name was) how about Starlin Castro being an all star in 2014? Remember he "is what he was in 2013."

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yeah im not going anywhere. sawwwy

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If I get the boot, I get the boot.

I don't apologize for anything.

And you're a "realist" right? If you're a fan then you're "a homer" and if you're negative all the time then you're "an expert" and a "a realist?" No, that negativity doesn't make you sound any smarter as you'd like to think.

So since Jon Lester is on the Cubs I automatically have to think less of him because I can't be a "homer?" Did I say he was Clayton Kershaw?

I've always liked Jon Lester, I've always thought that he was very good pitcher. Look at his numbers and look at where he has ranked among other pitchers. Seems to me that he is top 10 in a lot categories most seasons. He also competed in the AL, which has to pitch against a DH instead of a pitcher, too.

If this is patg006 (or whatever their name was) how about Starlin Castro being an all star in 2014? Remember he "is what he was in 2013."

Hah! You're probably talking about a KB point. I turned over 'patg006' to KB because this board flat out became a spankfest so bad a CSI team would need years to collect and connect all the DNA samples from everybody's blown loads.

You want me to be little miss sunshine? Its gotten better. But board brass let him go on for what, 5-6 months.........

I was the guy who said Castro is like Vlad Guerrero in the sense that it was absolutely Special person to make a 'swing first' mentality hitter, often these Dominican or Latin ball players and try to make them something they're not, AKA someone who can work a pitch count.

It was stupid. Castro didn't get to where he is than and today by taking pitches. If the first pitch was hittable and to his liking, he swung at it. He became successful and an all star by doing it.

Lester was in a LOT of top 10 categories this past year, but in years past--sans great post season performances he simply wasn't.

Again, I'm glad we got him. I can think of 10 pitchers I'd rather be trotting out as my ace or #1 of the staff. I put him in the 14-16 range. Its a lot better than many other teams and their situations.

I still worry about youth in pitching going forward. We dont have anything good that screams TOR material. I don't have to regurgitate my CJ Edwards stance of his questionable durability, do I?

So nobody, and 3 years now We could have had something. I'd rather have Appel than Almora in the pipeline right now, that's for sure. Its a move I'm still pretty confident Epstein is going to regret.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Don't bother with stating facts. Dews is crapping rainbows and butterflies about posters who not only state their opinion of the Cubs, but also can't state that opinion without calling everyone else names to make themselves feel better.

I keep it simple. If you make a good point, I'll contribute and build off it.

If you say something stupid and come off not sarcastically or jokingly; like you truly believe something stupid (see the bears boards every thread for more);

I'm going to call you an idiot. Not to make myself feel better, but because your idea is truly stupid beyond recognition.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

If you say something stupid and come off not sarcastically or jokingly; like you truly believe something stupid (see the bears boards every thread for more);

I'm going to call you an idiot. Not to make myself feel better, but because your idea is truly stupid beyond recognition.
Cool. I can't wait for the forum to devolve into something unreadable and inhospitable.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Is that how you operate in your work environment? Someone says something you don't agree with and you call them an idiot. You must have a lot of friends brah.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

It goes a little deeper than that Dews. I am having fun with my boy on another site as we speak.

Difference of opinion is always welcome in my book. It's when you proclaim your opinion as FACT is where I have a problem. Of course, that is just my opinion. :lol:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It goes a little deeper than that Dews. I am having fun with my boy on another site as we speak.

Difference of opinion is always welcome in my book. It's when you proclaim your opinion as FACT is where I have a problem. Of course, that is just my opinion. :lol:

It is funny, Boo. But, I feel bad. I know people like that have problems during the holidays. But, hey, what do I know. Im not a baseball fantasy champ this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.