Where do you rank Jon Lester among SP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Don't worry. ChiSoxCity has not proven he's balanced. He's quite out of balance.

My arguments are balanced with logic based on knowledge of both teams and their recent acquisitions. The Sox record last year were a result of injuries to key players. The Cubs record was a result of mediocre performance by bad players. You speak of balance, yet Cubs fans on this board can't see the difference between Abreu and Rizzo (how many records did Rizzo break during his rookie year?) or Alexei Ramirez and Starlin Castro. It's wonder Cubs fans like to argue and hurl nasty insults so much--typical response of the ignorant people who lack understanding. I'll take your personal insult for what it's worth. Do you have anything to share about the actual topic of discussion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
My arguments are balanced with logic based on knowledge of both teams and their recent acquisitions. The Sox record last year was a result of injuries to key players. The Cubs record was a result of mediocre performance by bad players. You speak of balance, yet Cubs fans on this board can't see the difference between Abreu and Rizzo (how many records did Rizzo break during his rookie year?) or Alexei Ramirez and Starlin Castro. It's wonder Cubs fans like to argue and hurl nasty insults so much--typical response of the ignorant people who lack understanding. I'll take your personal insult for what it's worth. Do you have anything to share about the actual topic of discussion?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about Fernandez....I'm thinking of the kid down in Miami.

There have to be nearly 30 guys if your being honest. Still...a top 30 pitcher is a valuable piece.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do Sox fans care more about the Cubs than their own team?

Same goes for the inbred Cardinals fans. At least Cardinals fans have a reason to troll about the Cubs.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Same goes for the inbred Cardinals fans. At least Cardinals fans have a reason to troll about the Cubs.

Because everyone knows Chicago will always be a Cubs town :smug: :fap:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I enjoy the holiday and you get another balanced voice in here? No you didn't
It was a compliment to how far you have come. Chicity needs to head back over to the Sox forum and stay in the corner. Hope you had a good Christmas!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My arguments are balanced with logic based on knowledge of both teams and their recent acquisitions. The Sox record last year were a result of injuries to key players. The Cubs record was a result of mediocre performance by bad players. You speak of balance, yet Cubs fans on this board can't see the difference between Abreu and Rizzo (how many records did Rizzo break during his rookie year?) or Alexei Ramirez and Starlin Castro. It's wonder Cubs fans like to argue and hurl nasty insults so much--typical response of the ignorant people who lack understanding. I'll take your personal insult for what it's worth. Do you have anything to share about the actual topic of discussion?

Castro is better and younger then Ramirez. Rizzo is younger and had around the same season as Abreu. Do you black out when you type?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodon was an MLB ready stud pitcher the day he was drafted. Much like Sale, Rodon does not require development the way the Cubs' young position prospects did (and still do). The Sox want him eased into a starters role so he has time to get used to the lifestyle without all the lights and pressure. It's about building his confidence; the skill, knowledge and physicality is already there. Average age and MLB experience of the Sox and Cubs tells me all I need to know as far as reasonable expectations are concerned. The Sox will be ready on day one, the Cubs don't really know what they have yet.

Kris Bryant wasnt almost ML ready when drafted? Im confused because you are talking in circles.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Everyone you disagree with is stupid or a troll. Do you ever engage in actual sports conversations? Seems like all you contribute is horseshit.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Hmmm, didn't know Anthony Rizzo was a 27-year-old rookie who had already played professionally in a foreign country for nearly 7 years. Same thing, I guess!

A rookie to the MLB is a rookie. Abreu broke records in his rookie season, without any real protection in the line up. I like Rizzo, he's a solid first baseman. I think Abreu has Miggy Cabrera talent, and will be an MVP very soon.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone you disagree with is stupid or a troll. Do you ever engage in actual sports conversations? Seems like all you contribute is horseshit.

Calm down little guy. I know you're all amped up for the Kiss Your Sister At the Plate and Drive Your Home To The Ballpark nights at "The Cell"...

Are you aware of the multiquote feature or nah?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Gotta love the cubs board. Every topic invariably turns into a sox vs the cubs conversation.
Because the few sox fans on here dont have anyone to talk to on their board cause no one goes there. ..

They made all these good moves youd think theyd be on their board discussing the possibility of a great season theyll have. .
Instead their on the cubs board trying to convince us cubs fans that their team will be much better then ours and their additions will make them 20 games better then last season

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
lol... thin skins and Sox hatred create the perfect storm.

Has nothing to do with either of those things. CCS has like seven people who contribute to the Sox forum, so all seven of them navigate to the much-more-populated Cubs forum and pick fights about comparing the two teams. I don't think there's a single Cubs fan here who 'hates' the Sox. Or even 'dislikes' them.

I was extremely proud and enjoyed watching the Sox win the World Series in '05. Shit, Frank Thomas and Mark Buehrle are two of my favorite players. Personally, I'm just tired the 'LOLOLOL SOX ARE BETTER' nonsense. Both teams have a lot to prove. Both teams have plenty of new pieces and plenty of reasons to be optimistic. Why not leave it at that?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Has nothing to do with either of those things. CCS has like seven people who contribute to the Sox forum, so all seven of them navigate to the much-more-populated Cubs forum and pick fights about comparing the two teams. I don't think there's a single Cubs fan here who 'hates' the Sox. Or even 'dislikes' them.

I was extremely proud and enjoyed watching the Sox win the World Series in '05. Shit, Frank Thomas and Mark Buehrle are two of my favorite players. Personally, I'm just tired the 'LOLOLOL SOX ARE BETTER' nonsense. Both teams have a lot to prove. Both teams have plenty of new pieces and plenty of reasons to be optimistic. Why not leave it at that?

I have no problem with the Sox as a team. Can't stand their Special person fans who are more interested in the Cubs losing than their team winning.

Cubs could lose a 1-0 game in 13 innings and the Sox win 21-1 and all they would talk about is the Cubs losing.

Their fans are a bunch of inbred losers who live in the past. That 2005 team was he worst team ever to win the World Series.

Also... wouldn't be gloating over the fact that they have one WS win in over 90 years.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Because the few sox fans on here dont have anyone to talk to on their board cause no one goes there. ..

They made all these good moves youd think theyd be on their board discussing the possibility of a great season theyll have. .
Instead their on the cubs board trying to convince us cubs fans that their team will be much better then ours and their additions will make them 20 games better then last season

Last time I checked this was a baseball forum, just like the Sox forum. Check my first post in this thread. I came here to talk about Jon Lester and share my opinion that the Cubs could use another ace-like starter. Some so-called Cubs fan turned that into a pissing contest about Sox vs. Cubs. That was not my intent, nor is it the intent of other Sox fans or fans of other teams who post here.

Certain people need to grow up and stop being so damn sensitive and stop with the Sox hatred and racist comments. It doesn't matter how respectful or nice a Sox fan is who just wants to talk about Cubs baseball on this board. They inevitably get treated to the "ghetto thug southsider" bs. Usually, by the same idiots who come here looking for some kind of suburban WASPy social club. Get rid of the idiots who can't talk about actual sports without the childish behavior and threads like these won't get ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.