Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really do not agree with this. If a player has an injury and has a great game, it is even more incredible. If Marshall sits on the sidelines, his team does not win. It is as simple as that. That makes him more valuable to the team. Give kudos also to Jeffrey. He could have sat also. But instead he took his injury and put himself on the field anyway. Even at 60%, he made a difference because his replacement was not the threat that he was and they had to defensively scheme for him.

Thanks for your civility, I would have raged if someone wrote that and meant it. Please check out Biff's "Just so we are clear on Kyle Long." thread for reference.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Your right with the current Bears team, but he has played for other franchises with lesser talent than what the Bears currently have, & though he produced very well, I wouldn't go as far as to say he carried an offense. Though the WR position is as important as ever, any way you slice it some of their effectiveness depends on who's under center at the QB position. Where as with an elite HB like Forte, who can also be a viable receiving threat, it doesn't matter if the QB is great or flat out sucks, either way he's going to get his carries, he's going to produce, he is going to make the players around him better, & be able to significantly change the entire landscape of an offense. I just don't believe an elite WR has the same impact on an entire offense as an elite HB, especially if the QB sucks in either case.
You are correct. Look at Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald
When every thing is sideways life is rough.
Very rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
You are correct. Look at Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald

Very rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, & every one of those players had more talent around them than Forte did before Emery was the GM. Before Emery showed up the Bears had a litter of pugs for WR's & a set of bowling pins for & O-line.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every one of those players had more talent around them than Forte did before Emery was the GM. Before Emery showed up the Bears had a litter of pugs for WR's & a set of bowling pins for & O-line.

Now that's disrespectful to bowling pins.