Which QB did the Bears fail?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see some version of this all the time now:

“Bears will ruin the next guy just like they ruin every other QB”

Who is the QB the Bears ruined that would have been amazing on some other team?

Cutler? Trubisky? Orton? Rex? Fields? David Fales? Nathan Enderle? Dan Lefevour? Craig Krenzel? Cade McNown? Moses Moreno? Will Furer? Paul Justin? Peter Tom Willis?

Was one of these guys a HOFer that the Bears failed?

Or do the Bears just suck at drafting QB’s and historically underinvest at the position?

One Team

Liked Posts:
I see some version of this all the time now:

“Bears will ruin the next guy just like they ruin every other QB”

Who is the QB the Bears ruined that would have been amazing on some other team?

Cutler? Trubisky? Orton? Rex? Fields? David Fales? Nathan Enderle? Dan Lefevour? Craig Krenzel? Cade McNown? Moses Moreno? Will Furer? Paul Justin? Peter Tom Willis?

Was one of these guys a HOFer that the Bears failed?

Or do the Bears just suck at drafting QB’s and historically underinvest at the position?
Ruining qb's to me is when you fail to embrace an identity around running the ball...even good o-lines can struggle when you become one dimensional in your attack...build an o-line, establish the ability to control the ball, and give your qb the element of surprise with the passing game...imho, thats how you give young qb's a chance to survive and grow.

This is a massive failure trait of the Bears...cant stop the run, which leads to playing from behind consistently which now makes your offense one dimensional and predictable...now this may all seem to be a team failure...true...but it is also how you 'ruin' a qb..to me.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ruining qb's to me is when you fail to embrace an identity around running the ball...even good o-lines can struggle when you become one dimensional in your attack...build an o-line, establish the ability to control the ball, and give your qb the element of surprise with the passing game...imho, thats how you give young qb's a chance to survive and grow.

This is a massive failure trait of the Bears...cant stop the run, which leads to playing from behind consistently which now makes your offense one dimensional and predictable...now this may all seem to be a team failure...true...but it is also how you 'ruin' a qb..to me.

Thats not the question.

Which QB did the Bears ruin?

One Team

Liked Posts:
Thats not the question.

Which QB did the Bears ruin?
The list of victims is not relevant...you have a nice list of john does, more of the same could be added. The point was that massive organizational failures create lists of names identified as ruined qb's.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Failure to build from the inside out, will fail any quarterback eventually regardless of high or low their ceiling is. More so since pace was GM

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
They failed Orton because i'm meatball enough to believe him game managing a TJones heavy rushing attack would have won the SB and the team instead asked Rex Grossman to throw the game away during a rainstorm.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They failed cutler with the high turnover of coaches and poor OL and I can’t say they’ve completely failed fields yet but the fact the interior OL is porous and Getsy kinda sucks doesn’t help

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
None.

Historically, "Bears football" was to focus on running the ball and defense. They actually thought it was better to not pay out a massive contract to a single player (QB).

They didn't even admit their philosophy was outdated until Cutler in 2009. So they've only been missing on QB for 14 years. ?

The "ruined QB" argument is what Stans do when they realize they've been wrong about their man-crush and don't want to own it.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Cutler - dude got concussed in the 1st quarter and walked to the wrong huddle/sideline. Had to tie his LT’s fckn shoe.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
None.

Historically, "Bears football" was to focus on running the ball and defense. They actually thought it was better to not pay out a massive contract to a single player (QB).

They didn't even admit their philosophy was outdated until Cutler in 2009. So they've only been missing on QB for 14 years. ?

The "ruined QB" argument is what Stans do when they realize they've been wrong about their man-crush and don't want to own it.
Like you with Trubisky?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mmmm…. I don’t disagree that they could do better with coaching hires and supporting cast but that list is shit no matter who the head coach, or OL or WR is.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears have ruined 0 qb's it's simply really outside cutler they have never had one that was good
The issue is not the team it's just the worst curse in sports history
Good and great qbs play well regardless of team

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like you with Trubisky?
I made some positive posts about Fields early on. I'll dig them up, so you can say I was a Fields nutthugger 2 years from now. Because that's EXACTLY what you've done with Mitch and you know it.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Like you with Trubisky?

That queen stan'd so hard for Trubisky, he ended up changing his name. I guess he was too embarrassed of himselve and his prior posting. sad really.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
The answer is the Bears failed all of them. The only one with the slightest HOF ability was Jay Cutler. He was the most talented Bears QB in my long lifetime of watching this team. He was hated by many, but he was one of the best QBs in the long Bears history. He had solid mobility and balls of steel, and the Bears gave him crap O-lines.

He was clearly one of the long list of Bears crash test dummies.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The bears have ruined 0 qb's it's simply really outside cutler they have never had one that was good
The issue is not the team it's just the worst curse in sports history
Good and great qbs play well regardless of team
Hahahaha funny trolling L O L

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Orton looked better when he went to Denver.
Cutler looked worse when he went to Chicago.

Thats the closest thing we get to swapping QBs and seeing how they fair.
You all wanted to believe that just removing Nagy was the key and i told you all that giving a QB no weapons a awful OL and terrible unproven coaches when also going into a scheme change was the absolute worst thing they could have done to fields and to no ones surprise i was right again. It was of great importance to support a young QB who needed a boost after a bad rookie season and they did nothing substantive.

Of course there is no surefire way to prove this. Its easy to just say QB gonna be bad because QB is bad but you took a QB who wasnt afraid to throw the ball and now looks like hed literally rather take a sack from a 350lb wrecking ball than throw the ball.

The David Carr mush brain. Everyone should have seen it coming. Franchise that can never seem to nail the GM, HC or QB once again doesn't nail the GM, HC and QB.

To those who think this idiot deserves to get his own QB, you're just playing into the same pattern that has sunk this franchise regime after regime. Hope you like losing, you'll get much more of it and deserve it.

But make it all about the QB to deflect any and all criticism of the new regime who took 100+M in cap and the #1 overall pick and turned it into exactly what we saw last season.

Wont be taking responses. I was right. Idiot shills were wrong.