Which QB did the Bears fail?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Orton looked better when he went to Denver.
Cutler looked worse when he went to Chicago.

Thats the closest thing we get to swapping QBs and seeing how they fair.
You all wanted to believe that just removing Nagy was the key and i told you all that giving a QB no weapons a awful OL and terrible unproven coaches when also going into a scheme change was the absolute worst thing they could have done to fields and to no ones surprise i was right again. It was of great importance to support a young QB who needed a boost after a bad rookie season and they did nothing substantive.

Of course there is no surefire way to prove this. Its easy to just say QB gonna be bad because QB is bad but you took a QB who wasnt afraid to throw the ball and now looks like hed literally rather take a sack from a 350lb wrecking ball than throw the ball.

The David Carr mush brain. Everyone should have seen it coming. Franchise that can never seem to nail the GM, HC or QB once again doesn't nail the GM, HC and QB.

To those who think this idiot deserves to get his own QB, you're just playing into the same pattern that has sunk this franchise regime after regime. Hope you like losing, you'll get much more of it and deserve it.

But make it all about the QB to deflect any and all criticism of the new regime who took 100+M in cap and the #1 overall pick and turned it into exactly what we saw last season.

Wont be taking responses. I was right. Idiot shills were wrong.
Seems most fans on other social media are doing just that. They think a 3rd string rookie QB will turn everything around.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ok, I have seen a pattern of falling behind, forced into pass heavy concepts, and struggles...is that Meatball enough?
Passing when behind is one thing. (And even then I defy anyone to find a Bears team, even when behind, that would properly be described as having "pass heavy concepts".)

But you said they failed the QBs by not having a running identity. The same fans who correctly point to Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan as offensive gurus, also steadfastly hold onto the idea a team should "get off the bus running", which is the offense we had under Lovie that kept us out of the playoffs more often than not while the D and ST were fantastic.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith was a great leader and a players coach who knew how to leverage strong player leaders on the team. I miss that era of football, though we should have been in the Super bowl more than once during that time. We should have been in the playoffs more than 3 times during his run. We always had a motivated and respectful team, with a lot of very entertaining characters. I think we underperformed for the talent we had, but boy was the Lovie Smith era fun to be a fan.
The D was good and it was fun watching Hester return kicks. Watching the offense was as fun as a root canal.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Desmond clark also told me lovie gave minus zero fucks about offense during his run but I agree that lovie is the best coach we’ve had warts and all in decades

One Team

Liked Posts:
Passing when behind is one thing. (And even then I defy anyone to find a Bears team, even when behind, that would properly be described as having "pass heavy concepts".)

But you said they failed the QBs by not having a running identity. The same fans who correctly point to Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan as offensive gurus, also steadfastly hold onto the idea a team should "get off the bus running", which is the offense we had under Lovie that kept us out of the playoffs more often than not while the D and ST were fantastic.
Cool, I was pointing to a more holistic opinion based around defense and offense, where you highlighted a couple segments of a sentence to make an inference. Carry on my good man!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Plenty of 1st round picks in that list. They'll invest the pick, and then hand that pick over to fucking losers who suck at their job.

2 top 10 picks in 50 years? 6 first rounders total. That’s enough? When you’re the only team ever without a 4,000 yard passer? We completely disagree on the value of drafting QB’s apparently.

Zero disagreement on the handing over to people that suck at their job.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2 top 10 picks in 50 years? 6 first rounders total. That’s enough? When you’re the only team ever without a 4,000 yard passer? We completely disagree on the value of drafting QB’s apparently.

Zero disagreement on the handing over to people that suck at their job.
Well, at least in the last 20 years or so, they'll invest picks. Grossman, Orton(kinda), Cutler(2 1sts), Trubisky, Fields.

I think now it's pretty commonplace to draft a QB early as soon as you think your guy ain't it. I would assume they'll be doing it again soon. Let's just hope they're not handing him over to Luke Getsy.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those saying they have done nothing to improve things or support fields you haven't been paying attention
Linemen have been drafted the wr corps of Moore Mooney Claypool are good Kmet is decent
Fields just isn't it boys he never was
The curse continues
Mathematically they should have accidentally drafted a HOF QB by now but here we are

Speed

Liked Posts:
Well, at least in the last 20 years or so, they'll invest picks. Grossman, Orton(kinda), Cutler(2 1sts), Trubisky, Fields.

I think now it's pretty commonplace to draft a QB early as soon as you think your guy ain't it. I would assume they'll be doing it again soon. Let's just hope they're not handing him over to Luke Getsy.

Flus can go too. This isn't really based on anything, but I just get a hunch that the team isn't buying into his quacky philosophy. He's played his John Fox role, whipping them into shape, and keeping the seat warm for a couple of seasons. He can go now. Can we get a young innovative mind and/or someone that the team feels like rallying behind?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They failed cutler with the high turnover of coaches and poor OL and I can’t say they’ve completely failed fields yet but the fact the interior OL is porous and Getsy kinda sucks doesn’t help
This but they didn't ruin any of them. The real deal steps up despite adversity. If they can't, they could have been better with help but not destinations anyway.

Do you know how to avoid more pressure?

Throw the fucking ball!

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They failed Orton because i'm meatball enough to believe him game managing a TJones heavy rushing attack would have won the SB and the team instead asked Rex Grossman to throw the game away during a rainstorm.
You're conflating years and rex knew how to hand off. That one was lost with Lovie backing off the D after his FS gave up a terrible arm punt TD and the Bear abandoned the run. Then Turner asked small hands Rex to throw it up in a monsoon. Rex could of handed off as well as Kyle. The Kyle would have won because they didn't trust him enough to pass is not on the players.

Last edited: