Which QB did the Bears fail?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I made some positive posts about Fields early on. I'll dig them up, so you can say I was a Fields nutthugger 2 years from now. Because that's EXACTLY what you've done with Mitch and you know it.
Whatever you say lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
None.

Historically, "Bears football" was to focus on running the ball and defense. They actually thought it was better to not pay out a massive contract to a single player (QB).

They didn't even admit their philosophy was outdated until Cutler in 2009. So they've only been missing on QB for 14 years. ?

The "ruined QB" argument is what Stans do when they realize they've been wrong about their man-crush and don't want to own it.

I think this is correct

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
People bring up David Carr but maybe David Carr was just fucking bad.

I watched every one of those Texans games. They ruined him by having him get hit a billion times a game because their offensive line couldn't protect anyone. He stopped trusting what he was seeing because all he could see was another defender in his face hitting him.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watched every one of those Texans games. They ruined him by having him get hit a billion times a game because their offensive line couldn't protect anyone. He stopped trusting what he was seeing because all he could see was another defender in his face hitting him.

Luck got hit alot too. He still showed something. Carr never did.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I see some version of this all the time now:

“Bears will ruin the next guy just like they ruin every other QB”

Who is the QB the Bears ruined that would have been amazing on some other team?

Cutler? Trubisky? Orton? Rex? Fields? David Fales? Nathan Enderle? Dan Lefevour? Craig Krenzel? Cade McNown? Moses Moreno? Will Furer? Paul Justin? Peter Tom Willis?

Was one of these guys a HOFer that the Bears failed?

Or do the Bears just suck at drafting QB’s and historically underinvest at the position?
Who knows if any of them could have been good. We'll never know because the Bears failed to develop them.

A team drafting a QB isn't like someone buying a car, and just driving it off the lot and that's now your daily driver car. It's more like buying a Honda Civic, and then having to turn it into a racecar. None of those QBs ever had a chance, because the Chicago Bears are a complete shitshow.

The better question really is, what offensive coach that the Bears have had has proven that he's not a moron for more than one season? Have the Bears ever had a good offensive coordinator? They've had fluke season's where the offense looks good for a bit, but they've never had any sustained success, and every offensive coordinator ends up getting shit canned.

If the Bears are ever going to fix their offense, they need to find an OC that isn't a moron. Then fix the oline. Then draft a QB and develop him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Want me tell you who the bears won’t ruin? Connor bedard buddy!
Be careful. The Chicago gods will find a way. Imagine Connor Bedard going to Soldier Field to wave to the Bear fans and having a career-ending golf cart accident.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who knows if any of them could have been good. We'll never know because the Bears failed to develop them.

A team drafting a QB isn't like someone buying a car, and just driving it off the lot and that's now your daily driver car. It's more like buying a Honda Civic, and then having to turn it into a racecar. None of those QBs ever had a chance, because the Chicago Bears are a complete shitshow.

The better question really is, what offensive coach that the Bears have had has proven that he's not a moron for more than one season? Have the Bears ever had a good offensive coordinator? They've had fluke season's where the offense looks good for a bit, but they've never had any sustained success, and every offensive coordinator ends up getting shit canned.

If the Bears are ever going to fix their offense, they need to find an OC that isn't a moron. Then fix the oline. Then draft a QB and develop him.

By this logic, any QB can be made good by coaching. Doesnt work that way. They're either good enough to take the coaching or they're not

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
By this logic, any QB can be made good by coaching. Doesnt work that way. They're either good enough to take the coaching or they're not
But those are the steps.

You don't have a terrible coach and a terrible oline, and get a superstar QB. QBs have to be developed. And you have to put them in a position to succeed.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But those are the steps.

You don't have a terrible coach and a terrible oline, and get a superstar QB. QBs have to be developed. And you have to put them in a position to succeed.

So Daboll should be turning Daniel Jones into Josh Allen...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And then also...............

WHO GIVES A FUCK???
It amuses me how steadfast he is on defending his Trubisky “hatred”. It’s ok if you liked a guy and failed, I won’t backpedal on my fields or cutler love

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So Daboll should be turning Daniel Jones into Josh Allen...
Dude, you're missing my point.

You're not guaranteed to develop a QB. just because you have a decent coach and an oline. But if you draft a QB and have a fucking moron for a coach with no oline, you're already fucked.