Which QB did the Bears fail?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I started questioning Mitch in 2018. His second year. There's plenty more of these. You're simply being dishonest at this point.
Why didn’t you post the 2018 evidence?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It amuses me how steadfast he is on defending his Trubisky “hatred”. It’s ok if you liked a guy and failed, I won’t backpedal on my fields or cutler love
This is the CCS mini game these morons think everyone needs to play.

Like people need to be IN or OUT on a QB. Everyone must know where you stand on a QB at all times. If you're IN and the QB has a bad game, it's YOUR FAULT AND YOU NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I don't fucking care. I just want the Bears to stop sucking.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, you're missing my point.

You're not guaranteed to develop a QB. just because you have a decent coach and an oline. But if you draft a QB and have a fucking moron for a coach with no oline, you're already fucked.

Well what i saw today was him running into the back of his lineman taking sacks.

And just because you have a good offensive line and a good coach doesn't mean the QB will have it. Trey Lance proved that

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I look to the two years we went to the Playoffs without Cutler and not when we were 8-8, so this is the Super Bowl Season and 2018, Nagy's first year...

Look at how the Oline played, look who we had running the ball at the time... and look at the Defense...

I rest my case...

(Note I know the Oline in 18 wasn't a great set of players, but they had a really good year. Also helped Mitch was a great deal more Mobile than Grossman.)

But you can't deny, that we had above average EVERYTHING else, and a Rookie QB, only the one Year Cutler got to the NFC title game have we really had any really good teams.

I also want to look at Lovie Smith as a coach, he was a great coach for that time and Era in the NFL (defensive scheme-wise) . Running backs were more of a star position in the early 2000's and his defense, worked for that era. Only Elite QB's like Manning and Brady were really and problem for them and they are for most teams, even the above-average ones. What Smith failed to do, was evolve. He couldn't change with the times and get with the program of what other teams were doing. He also never got an elite Qb which hurts anyone.

Lastly, I'm going to hit home with something else I heard Alex Brown say. Stevenson, he could be a great player. But, what kind of corner is he? A press physical corner, or more man-to-man, we are running a soft Cover 2 defense. This is like putting a square peg into a round hole and saying that works. We need a Nathan Vasher-type corner for this defense, if you remember him. You through the ball and he can get to it, it was HIS. Like with Peanut, get that man in there to work on their hands. You can coach zone better than man, but he is going to take his lumps in the process. But I wonder if Flues and Poles in on the same page getting the right guys for the scheme, and sacking for upstanding citizens rather than taking the talent (IE Not talking Carter)?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Why has black shitstain derailed the thread?

Maybe if mods did their jobs.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The bears have ruined 0 qb's it's simply really outside cutler they have never had one that was good
The issue is not the team it's just the worst curse in sports history
Good and great qbs play well regardless of team
Bears need Theo to break the curse.

101116_chc_theo_in_7th_med_rbnrycnl.6f22b74c.gif

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
This is actually a good question. The Bears have failed at choosing the right QB. Not a single QB that has been with bears is/ was actually good.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who knows if any of them could have been good. We'll never know because the Bears failed to develop them.

A team drafting a QB isn't like someone buying a car, and just driving it off the lot and that's now your daily driver car. It's more like buying a Honda Civic, and then having to turn it into a racecar. None of those QBs ever had a chance, because the Chicago Bears are a complete shitshow.

The better question really is, what offensive coach that the Bears have had has proven that he's not a moron for more than one season? Have the Bears ever had a good offensive coordinator? They've had fluke season's where the offense looks good for a bit, but they've never had any sustained success, and every offensive coordinator ends up getting shit canned.

If the Bears are ever going to fix their offense, they need to find an OC that isn't a moron. Then fix the oline. Then draft a QB and develop him.

LOL. Poor Craig Krenzel and Moses Moreno. If only they had Andy Reid to coach them…

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ruining qb's to me is when you fail to embrace an identity around running the ball...even good o-lines can struggle when you become one dimensional in your attack...build an o-line, establish the ability to control the ball, and give your qb the element of surprise with the passing game...imho, thats how you give young qb's a chance to survive and grow.

This is a massive failure trait of the Bears...cant stop the run, which leads to playing from behind consistently which now makes your offense one dimensional and predictable...now this may all seem to be a team failure...true...but it is also how you 'ruin' a qb..to me.
Meatball football 101

It's 2023.

You don't fail the QB by not getting stuck in the 1980's.

You think the Bears over the years have been too one dimensional in passing?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL. Poor Craig Krenzel and Moses Moreno. If only they had Andy Reid to coach them…
I mean, you're talking about a 5th rounder and a 7th rounder.

One Team

Liked Posts:
Mmmm…. I don’t disagree that they could do better with coaching hires and supporting cast but that list is shit no matter who the head coach, or OL or WR is.
Ok, maybe Kurt Warner ends up on that list if he screwed up and signed with the Bears... couple of guys who may have made that list went on to successful pro careeers (hall of fame), in other competitive pro leagues...kind of a nebulous chicken or the egg discussion, but cathartic on a dreadful Bears' football day!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I also want to look at Lovie Smith as a coach, he was a great coach for that time and Era in the NFL (defensive scheme-wise) . Running backs were more of a star position in the early 2000's and his defense, worked for that era. Only Elite QB's like Manning and Brady were really and problem for them and they are for most teams, even the above-average ones. What Smith failed to do, was evolve. He couldn't change with the times and get with the program of what other teams were doing. He also never got an elite Qb which hurts anyone.
Lovie Smith was a great leader and a players coach who knew how to leverage strong player leaders on the team. I miss that era of football, though we should have been in the Super bowl more than once during that time. We should have been in the playoffs more than 3 times during his run. We always had a motivated and respectful team, with a lot of very entertaining characters. I think we underperformed for the talent we had, but boy was the Lovie Smith era fun to be a fan.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every one going back 50 years including misdiagnosis of McMahon's shoulder.

One Team

Liked Posts:
Meatball football 101

It's 2023.

You don't fail the QB by not getting stuck in the 1980's.

You think the Bears over the years have been too one dimensional in passing?
Ok, I have seen a pattern of falling behind, forced into pass heavy concepts, and struggles...is that Meatball enough?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith was a great leader and a players coach who knew how to leverage strong player leaders on the team. I miss that era of football, though we should have been in the Super bowl more than once during that time. We should have been in the playoffs more than 3 times during his run. We always had a motivated and respectful team, with a lot of very entertaining characters. I think we underperformed for the talent we had, but boy was the Lovie Smith era fun to be a fan.
You at least knew you had a shot with Lovie, and honestly, I go as far as we don't give him enough credit, we were in the playoff hunt more times than I think we should have been. Our QB was average at best. Maybe a few seasons you can argue if Cutler stayed Healthy...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well that’s part of my point…. The Bears don’t invest in the position
Plenty of 1st round picks in that list. They'll invest the pick, and then hand that pick over to fucking losers who suck at their job.