White Sox Trade Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all rumors and whispers on our guys getting shipped outta here.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Pitching is a premium. Hope we get some decent prospects for Thornton, Crain and Peavy. I heard from a Tiger fan that they want Crain. Well I want Nick Castellanos their 3B AAA prospect.

FYI haha Dews I have a parrot that looks like that

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Pitching is a premium. Hope we get some decent prospects for Thornton, Crain and Peavy. I heard from a Tiger fan that they want Crain. Well I want Nick Castellanos their 3B AAA prospect.
I'd take a 3b prospect for a package of Thornton, Crain, and something else. No problems there.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
With our luck I doubt we'd get screwed trading our pitchers. I'd hold team's feet to the fire somewhat because we have a few good pitching pieces to trade.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I could see us making a move like for a Matt Garza moving some pieces elsewhere putting us in a position to have Sale, Peavy, Danks (Garza type) as our top for going into 2014

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rios has limited no trade protection. (Yankees, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Royals, Astros and Athletics.)
Thornton targeted by the Red Sox.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
dont be surprised if the sox sell off a bunch of pieces but make a deal that looks like a "buying" move for next season.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Good land us some good prospects so we can get CarGo or Stanton. We can't fuck that up lol we missed not getting Cabrera

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I really want a face of the franchise hitter like Miggy. Stanton would be that guy as my first choice. He's only 23 so giving up the right package would be fine but at a very steep price prospect wise and contractually. Especially if we can rebuild the farm in trading Rios, Peavy, Crain, Thornton, Lindstrom, Danks, Dunn, Kepp (would be estatic to move his lousy ass) and maybe a couple guys like Ramirez and Beckham who go figure the year we suck is hitting well. Not sure if Konerko even has any trade value. (I also wouldn't mind keeping Dunn for a few more years if we can rebuild right)

I wonder what we would have to give up for Stanton. I don't think he's gona be dealt this summer but maybe in the off-season. Would love to see us get him. Marlins want to keep him but he isn't likely to sign an extension because it will be big. They'll have to trade him like Miggy. Question is what do they want and what do we have to give up? My guess is 1 MLB ready player, 2 top prospects, 2 low-mid prospects.

I also like Carlos Gonzalez from Colorado. He is 27 so he's hitting his prime. He's my favorite non sox player. I would love to get him if we can't get Stanton. I'm not sure if he's available but I'd call and offer. I'm probably dreaming with wanting one or the other of these hitters. He's owed roughly 63 million over the next 4 seasons. So he'd already be locked up. I'm not sure what they'd want. Something similar to Stanton is my guess.

Would like to see our 25 man roster in '14 like this or something like it:

Starting Pitchers: Sale, Quintana, Danks (if we don't trade him), Santiago, RHP in free agency/trade, or even one (prospect) in return at the deadline for trading our players.
Relievers: Nate Jones, Crain (I'd sign him if he isn't locked up before free agency), add a couple arms in the off-season, via trade, or pieces added at the deadline.
Closer: Reed

Lineup: Here's my attempt at what I'd do. Hopefully I'm not laughed at too much lol. I don't know a lot about the stats in baseball so I'll give it a shot
1. CF-De Aza (wouldn't mind finding an upgrade)
2. 2B-Beckham (if we keep him) which he's doing well maybe he's developing as he's maturing.
3. 1B-Free Agent/Trade (Maybe James Loney of TB)
4. DH-Dunn (if we keep him)
5. OF-Stanton/Cargo
6. OF-Viciedo
7. SS-prospect/free agent or trade (Maybe a guy like Alexi Casilla of BAL)
8. C-Phegley/Flowers
9. 3B-prospect/free agent or trade (Maybe bring back Uribe if a prospect isn't ready)

Another Idea for a Lineup

1. CF-De Aza (wouldn't mind finding an upgrade)
2. 2B-Beckham (if we keep him) which he's doing well maybe he's developing as he's maturing.
3. C-Brian McCann ATL
4. DH-Dunn (if we keep him)
5. OF-Stanton/Cargo
6. OF-Viciedo
7. 1B-prospect/free agent or trade
8. SS-prospect/free agent or trade
9. 3B-prospect/free agent or trade

I think we could afford this team if we moved some contracts at the deadline (Peavy 15 mil, Rios 12.5 mil, Konerko free agent, Ramirez 9.5, Crain free agent, Lindstrom 4 mil club option, Thornton club option). Dunn(15 mil) too if we don't keep him.

We've locked up Sale at a nice price. Need to lock up beckham if we keep him. If we got McCann and a big time hitter they would be the top salary players; and also Dunn if we kept him. We potentially can shed 41 mil for next year at the deadline (56 mil if counting Dunn) and Konerko, Crain are free agents though could be traded at the deadline. They'll be off the books.

Hopefully I'm not too crazy in thinking about this.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I wonder what we would have to give up for Stanton. My guess is 1 MLB ready player, 2 top prospects, 2 low-mid prospects.
That eliminates us.

I also like Carlos Gonzalez from Colorado. He is 27 so he's hitting his prime. He's my favorite non sox player.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

He's owed roughly 63 million over the next 4 seasons. So he'd already be locked up. I'm not sure what they'd want. Something similar to Stanton is my guess.

So he's be in his mid 30's by the time the Sox can turn this thing around. No thanks. Plus we don't have the truckload to give Colorado in a trade (See Stanton above)

I do like the toughts though.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Meh, I was just bored and was thinking what if we were able to get a nice return. I don't think it'll take that long to turn it around. Get a fucking lineup that can score. I would like to sign McCann this offseason. Then if we got good prospects back for peavy, rios, our bullpen guys and maybe even Dunn then I don't see why we couldn't offer a package of like beckham and prospects for one of those 2.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Meh, I was just bored and was thinking what if we were able to get a nice return. I don't think it'll take that long to turn it around. I would like to sign McCann this offseason. Then if we got good prospects back for peavy, rios, our bullpen guys and maybe even Dunn then I don't see why we couldn't offer a package of like beckham and prospects for one of those 2.

Oh I dream too. It's all good.

Depending on phegley, I like the idea of McCann at the right price as a FA signing.

But Beckham (who I admit I support) and prospects (which we don't have but might acquire in the trades) won't be enough. Mostly because the guys we would trade away won't bring us top 50 specs.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Would you trade Viciedo, Beckham and our top prospects for them? I wonder if that'd even come close for MIAMI or Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.