Who Here is Attending the Hawks / Sox game on 8/27?

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I apologize if there is a thread for this already - I checked 4 pages back and didn't see one though. My wife and I are attending the Sox game on 8/27 - we signed up late so couldn't get parade passes but still looking forward to it. I wasn't able to attend in previous years either so I'm curious to know what it was like. They said there's prizes for STH but at the same time you can buy as many tickets to the game as you want for family and friends so I'm not sure how keep the raffle only for the STH. Are the prizes any good?

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
I will be there and I have parade passes (which im not sure what all that entails to be honest, I heard we get to go on the field, but thats about it). I think ill be bringing a few things to get signed just in case. Should be a fun night either way!

-cheps oner

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will be going. The Sox are giving away Stanley Cups.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]I will be going. The Sox are giving away Stanley Cups.[/quote]

Dang - I actually ordered and paid for one of those at the end of July. Didn't realize I could get one free later on. Oh well.

[quote name="puckjim"]I will be going. The Sox are giving away Stanley Cups.[/quote]

Unfortunately I'm heading to Montana.... See if you can nab me a Stanley Cup!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="R K"]

Unfortunately I'm heading to Montana.... See if you can nab me a Stanley Cup![/quote]

I shall try.

I'll see if Tim or Kenny can get me one since they'll be working at the game. I don't want to take one of yours. Thanks though!

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Hmmm... I may be intrigued to check this baby out.... even if it is the Sox.

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:

Are they actually the 45 dollar ones? I find that hard to believe. Im sure they will be mini plastic replicas or something. Also, do you have parade passes Jim?

-cheps oner

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="cheps_oner"]

Are they actually the 45 dollar ones? I find that hard to believe. Im sure they will be mini plastic replicas or something. Also, do you have parade passes Jim?

-cheps oner[/quote]

I didn't get parade passes, but I'm planning on getting there early enough to assure that I get a replica 'Cup.

I'll be sure to give you a nice beer shower as you walk along the warning track, though.

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]

I didn't get parade passes, but I'm planning on getting there early enough to assure that I get a replica 'Cup.

I'll be sure to give you a nice beer shower as you walk along the warning track, though.[/quote]

If thats the case, then maybe ill break out the Signed Ruutu jersey instead of the Toews. ;) Although, I dont want to get on Jako's bad side.

-cheps oner

bierboy

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't attend a Sox game if you paid me a million bucks....

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="bierboy"]I wouldn't attend a Sox game if you paid me a million bucks....[/quote]

Try it sometime. I grew up a devoted Cubs and Sox fan and when the Sox went to Sportsvision around 1981 I couldn't follow them anymore and could only follow the Sox. But today I'm back to supporting both teams again. Sox park is really really nice, great food, easy access, clean, etc. Try it.

-cheps oner[/quote]

My guess is they are similar to the ones they gave away the year after the lockout.

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

My guess is they are similar to the ones they gave away the year after the lockout.[/quote]

Cool, what were those like? Havent seen em.

-cheps oner

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
Also, does anyone know if we might have a chance to get a photo opp with the cup? I at least want to touch it again!

-cheps oner

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="cheps_oner"]Also, does anyone know if we might have a chance to get a photo opp with the cup? I at least want to touch it again!

-cheps oner[/quote]

You should be able to get your paws on it when you go to the STH 'Cup event.

Cool, what were those like? Havent seen em.

-cheps oner[/quote]

they look like these

36412_408897107519_712422519_4327715_6576531_n.jpg

jakobeast

Liked Posts:

If thats the case, then maybe ill break out the Signed Ruutu jersey instead of the Toews. ;) Although, I dont want to get on Jako's bad side.

-cheps oner[/quote]

I will end you.

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

they look like these

36412_408897107519_712422519_4327715_6576531_n.jpg
[/quote]

Nice! (and keep showing off that hawks collection).

-cheps oner