Who Here is Attending the Hawks / Sox game on 8/27?

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]

You should be able to get your paws on it when you go to the STH 'Cup event.[/quote]

Yea, im trying to see if my girlfriend will get her chance. Got a parade pass for her, but no STH.

-cheps oner

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
[quote name="jakobeast"]

I will end you.[/quote]

Try and end me on the ice Jako, ill make another animated GIF, lol. :)

-cheps oner

[quote name="cheps_oner"]

Nice! (and keep showing off that hawks collection).

-cheps oner[/quote]

Well that picture just happened to have the small cups in it. HEHE

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
[quote name="bierboy"]I wouldn't attend a Sox game if you paid me a million bucks....[/quote]

I was forced to go to a Sox game a few weeks ago and drank myself Special person before I went in. I think I fit in better that way.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago teams have won championships in all four major sports in the last 25 years or so.

All four championship trophies will be at US Cellular Field tonight.

[quote name="puckjim"]Chicago teams have won championships in all four major sports in the last 25 years or so.

All four championship trophies will be at US Cellular Field tonight.[/quote]

Who's bringing the Cubs? And this is the only Trophy that matters----

38010_426767787519_712422519_4786171_397654_n.jpg

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="R K"]

Who's bringing the Cubs? And this is the only Trophy that matters----

38010_426767787519_712422519_4786171_397654_n.jpg
[/quote]

See, and I was going to make a Cubs crack, but didn't want to go there. Fucking mods!

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Just read that it's supposed to be good weather tonight. We're playing the Yankees, it's a Friday night, should be fun!!

[quote name="puckjim"]

See, and I was going to make a Cubs crack, but didn't want to go there. Fucking mods![/quote]

Baseball is BORING!

Very cool start to the Sox game on TV tonight. Stanley Cup is by far the COOLEST Trophy in Professional Sports. Hands down no competition.

DROP THE PUCK!!!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not the best quality, but.....

c90ea94f-1-1-1.jpg

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="R K"]Here ya go PJ, I'll help ya out....

[/quote]

I thought you were going to be in Montana?

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
[quote name="puckjim"]

I thought you were going to be in Montana?[/quote]

Vasily?

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Try it sometime. I grew up a devoted Cubs and Sox fan and when the Sox went to Sportsvision around 1981 I couldn't follow them anymore and could only follow the Sox. But today I'm back to supporting both teams again. Sox park is really really nice, great food, easy access, clean, etc. Try it.[/quote]

No can do.

I grew up a Cubs fan and will ALWAYS be one....regardless of how they play. You CAN'T be a fan of both teams....it's unnatural.

[quote name="JOVE23"]

I was forced to go to a Sox game a few weeks ago and drank myself Special person before I went in. I think I fit in better that way.[/quote]

Now THIS is what I'm talking about....

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
[quote name="cheps_oner"]

Try and end me on the ice Jako, ill make another animated GIF, lol. :)

-cheps oner[/quote]

Me trying to end you on the ice isn't fair, as it is to close to your home territory. That would be like like you trying to end me by eating more hotdogs. Or having more gas. Ain't gonna happen.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Who Went to the Hawks/Sox game on 8/27?

Well I attended the game on 8/27. Here are the pros/cons of the evening:

Pros:

1) Sox won, nice weather, Friday evening

2) Hot women everywhere that night. It seemed like it was ladies night or something.

Cons:

1) Left 2 hours before the game but due to massive car accident on I-55 we missed the first inning and took us 2 hours to get in. No parade, no viewing of the trophies.

2) Nothing about the evening seemed to be Blackhawks related which was disappointing. Yeah some fans wore their Blackhawks jerseys and there were a couple non-interesting items on the scoreboard but that was it.

3) The note I had from the Sox said that STH would be eligible for prizes that evening however nothing was ever given away that I'm aware of. Nothing announced on the scoreboard and when I asked a Hawks employee at one of the Hawks booths he told me I had to sign up for some Training Camp package to be in the drawing - he was clueless and I walked away. Did anyone receive any prizes?

4) Overall it was a disappointing event as I didn't feel there was really anything Blackhawks related to the evening. What did you think?

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Why would they pick a Friday night with the Yankees in town?

That game is going to sell out without a doubt.

Why not the Royals or A's where maybe they draw 15-17K?

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
I went, did the parade and everything. Walking on the field was pretty cool, but since im not really a baseball fan, I feel like I didnt get as much out of it as a true baseball fan would.

The festivities before the parade were pretty neat. Got to meet Q and get a picture with the Cup, Mikita and Ab McDonald were there at an autograph table. Beach, Skille, DiDomenico, and Bollig were there wandering around. Got to meet them and shake their hands.

Overall, id say the experience was pretty cool, im glad I took advantage.

-cheps oner

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="cheps_oner"]I went, did the parade and everything. Walking on the field was pretty cool, but since im not really a baseball fan, I feel like I didnt get as much out of it as a true baseball fan would.

The festivities before the parade were pretty neat. Got to meet Q and get a picture with the Cup, Mikita and Ab McDonald were there at an autograph table. Beach, Skille, DiDomenico, and Bollig were there wandering around. Got to meet them and shake their hands.

Overall, id say the experience was pretty cool, im glad I took advantage.

-cheps oner[/quote]

What level were you sitting on? I was in the 500s and there was absolutely no Blackhawk activity up there besides a few fans in red jerseys. But, no players, no autographs, nothing. The thing that gets me is why they advertised prizes be given away to Hawk STH and then I didnt' see any.