Why Do Fans Overpay?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Where did I say Z for Volstad was a great trade? Nowhere! Where did I say Marmol for Haren would have been a bad trade? Nowhere!

When in doubt, make shit up. That's the KB way!

Please.

Everyone from CBS knows that you defended the Volstad trade all of last season and defended the Cubs pulling out of the Haren trade because of his 'medicals'

You go overboard defending every single move Theo has made and then lie about it because I can't link to the CBS boards anymore.

That is the willrust way!

Along with whining and complaining and reporting anyone who makes you look as dumb as you are.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Please.

Everyone from CBS knows that you defended the Volstad trade all of last season and defended the Cubs pulling out of the Haren trade because of his 'medicals'

You go overboard defending every single move Theo has made and then lie about it because I can't link to the CBS boards anymore.

Along with whining and complaining and reporting anyone who makes you look as dumb as you are.

There is a hell of a difference between saying a trade was great, and not lambasting the team for trading away psycho Z. Also, understanding why the Cubs decided not to trade for a player with a medical issue is far from saying that the Marmol for Haren trade would have been bad. It is called understanding baseball moves. I have never defended moves, I have just tried to explain why the moves happened.

You make shit up and change what people said to fit your argument... That is the KB way!

As for reporting, you got kicked out of the CBS board because you abused their rules. I didn't kick you out, you crying bitch! Which reminds me:

memegenerator.net/instance/37738884

Fucking hypocrite! It was nearly a year ago... Let it go and quit your crying you little bitch!

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
There is a hell of a difference between saying a trade was great, and not lambasting the team for trading away psycho Z. Also, understanding why the Cubs decided not to trade for a player with a medical issue is far from saying that the Marmol for Haren trade would have been bad. It is called understanding baseball moves. I have never defended moves, I have just tried to explain why the moves happened.

You make shit up and change what people said to fit your argument... That is the KB way!

As for reporting, you got kicked out of the CBS board because you abused their rules. I didn't kick you out, you crying bitch! Which reminds me:

memegenerator.net/instance/37738884

Fucking hypocrite! It was nearly a year ago... Let it go and quit your crying you little bitch!

Yawn.

Little to nothing even remotely accurate, that is the willrust way!

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Please.

100% correct.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Wonder who pulled the deal off the table when the Cubs has something in place with San Fran for Soriano? Wonder who pulled the deal off the table when Ramirez was on the verge of being shipped out in 2011?

BTW, the Cubs pulled the Marmol/Haren deal off the table because of Haren's medical red flags.

Ask Scott Baker, Hemmoroidys Vizcaino, and Iham BeefStew-Shart why they are still collecting a check. I guess there weren't any of your medical red flags in exisitence during the initial acquistion "phases". Too bad I still see that Haren pitches every fifth day and hasn't missed a start. So I doubt it had anything to do with money as to why the deal was pulled and more with Haren's medicals.

What I agree with you on the most is the fact that Marmol was contacted by your Boy Blunder and Marmol accepted the trade to the Angel's. Only in Boy Blunder patented fashion he blew the deal trying to pinch pennies and blamed it on the medicals. Not sure as to why the medicals wouldn't be the first thing you'd look into and not the last. Unless they just initially wanted to print Dan Haren Cub jersey's to sell.

I just can't believe Boy Blunder would be that stupid. Right ?

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
If I had the patience and time to go scavenging through previous threads I would laugh at the one of you who ranted on Scott Feldman and how that was among Theo's worst moves. And I mentioned it was only 2 weeks into the season which you disregarded. Well guess what?

And you u guys act like other teams have perfect GM's. If Ian Stewart, and Scott Baker are considered the worst contracts/moves on your plate consider yourself very lucky. Each of Theo's blunders combined cost about a third of what the great A-Rod is making this year. Is anyone in the Bronx bitching? Not the last time I was there

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I agree with that. Theo and CO are far from perfect. Ran away from Haren when they could have acquired him for Marmol. Got lucky with Schierholtz. Hairston has made them look bad. Feldman has put together a few quality starts but the fact they signed him just to flip him? Trading a year of control on Maholm for a DL case that has proven nothing? Signing a off TJ for 5 mil then signing Jackson and Villenueva because he and Garza were going into the season injured? Resigning Stewart? Getting used by Anabel to up Det's asking price? Great track record.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
If the Cubs didn't blow the team up they would be in the position the Angles are in. Which team would you rather be, the Cubs or Angels? Cubs even have the better record yet the Angels have the huge payroll, and stars. Yeah congradufuckinglations on winning the offseason 2 years in a row. What did that get you? Nothing, and they traded their entire farm for a few months of Greinke. Trout and Trumbo are both great players but they appear to be on their way to missing the playoffs yet again.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
And you u guys act like other teams have perfect GM's.

Not so much.

If Ian Stewart, and Scott Baker are considered the worst contracts/moves on your plate consider yourself very lucky.

Well there is also Chris Volstad, Edwin Jackson and two botched trades.

Quite a list for a season and a quarter.

Each of Theo's blunders combined cost about a third of what the great A-Rod is making this year. Is anyone in the Bronx bitching? Not the last time I was there

I am not sure you have looked at the standings lately apparently, but I'll let you in on a little secret. The Yankees are in first place and there are in first place without A-Rod, without Jeter, without Teixeira, without A-Rod's replacement Youkiliis and without Granderson.

Cashman went out and picked up Vernon Wells off the trash heap who has been a massive addition.

They picked up Travis Hafner for 1 year and $2M and Lyle Overbay for 1 year and $1.25M who have combined for 12 HR's and 38 RBI's. You know, the low money pick ups that are being argued on another thread that are impossible to make.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
If the Cubs didn't blow the team up they would be in the position the Angles are in. Which team would you rather be, the Cubs or Angels? Cubs even have the better record yet the Angels have the huge payroll, and stars. Yeah congradufuckinglations on winning the offseason 2 years in a row. What did that get you? Nothing, and they traded their entire farm for a few months of Greinke. Trout and Trumbo are both great players but they appear to be on their way to missing the playoffs yet again.

I'll take the Angels in a heartbeat.

I'll take my team actually trying to be good over failing instead of failing because they never even tried.

If you don't care that the entire organization isn't trying to field a winner, you better never, ever complain about a player not hustling on a play. Because if you don't care about entire seasons now being thrown away, one ground ball shouldn't matter much.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
f the Cubs didn't blow the team up they would be in the position the Angles are in. Which team would you rather be, the Cubs or Angels? Cubs even have the better record yet the Angels have the huge payroll, and stars.

id rather have the angels lineup at WF and in the NL central.. theyd be tearing that division up. especially at home knocking balls onto waveland ave.

:yes:

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
People have been staying away more lately. Cubs are announcing 30K+ cause of season tickets. Cubs sell 20+ season tickets every game but lucky if 10K of those show up. Reason people keep there season tickets is cause IF they ever do win WS they want to say they were there for it

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2010

The drop is significant, down almost 4,000 on average in 2013 to 33K.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Over 36K in attendance yesterday, seems like the more games they lose the more fans are showing up.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I understand what you're saying but that is the mentality I don't understand.... The history? What history? Losing all the time? What a grand history.

The experience? I've been to Wrigley 12 times, by my count. The ivy is cool, the bars after the game have some hotties there, but what else? The horrible, horrible bathrooms with the trough pisser? The average food? The frat boys drinking their face off and being ignorant? The mass amount of people NOT paying attention to the game? Sorry, but a pathetic history full of scrubs and ivy on the walls don't make up for all of the negatives from the experience.

To each their own, and if you love the "experience" then props to you because I just don't get it. Yes, I'm a White Sox fan, but I've been to 14 ballparks, including division rivals Detroit and KC, and Wrigley is the worst park out of the 14 that I've been too.

You seem real objective. I love how these clown white sox fans are always complaining about the bathrooms. I don't know any men that complain about bathrooms besides white sox fans.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
You seem real objective. I love how these clown white sox fans are always complaining about the bathrooms. I don't know any men that complain about bathrooms besides white sox fans.

They are pretty bad...