Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any thoughts?
If Poles is definitely trading him like so many here are guaranteeing. Then why hasn't it happened yet?
I still think it'll probably happen, but it makes me think he's also getting offers for #1 and hasn't yet decided.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles is doing about as good a job on keeping their plans a secret as possible....there has been a lot of misdirection...

Most of what people believe is happening is based on their own emotional response to the situation...

I would not be surprised to find out the Bears have traded the first overall to Washington or they wind up trading Fields...

There is no doubt in my mind that they could easily have moved Fields already...

Canth

Liked Posts:
Technically, they can't trade him anyway until the start of the new league year starts on March 13th.

So, all they could do right now is announce a planned trade and but either party could actually back out of the trade before the start of the new league year.

At this point, I think what likely happens is that you hit the start of the legal tampering period on March 11th. Everyone finds out where Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield are going and then shortly after, the Bears find their trading partner and it still gets done around the start of the league year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see that. But Poled did say it's important to be fair to Fields and get it done asap. If he knows the offers aren't going to get better I think it'd already be done.
You'd think they would take a little less to do right by Justin as they said...

If it is going to happen it will probably be in the upcoming week.
If it doesn't, something else is going on. IMHO

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Technically, they can't trade him anyway until the start of the new league year starts on March 13th.

So, all they could do right now is announce a planned trade and but either party could actually back out of the trade before the start of the new league year.

At this point, I think what likely happens is that you hit the start of the legal tampering period on March 11th. Everyone finds out where Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield are going and then shortly after, the Bears find their trading partner and it still gets done around the start of the league year.
True. But as good as they seem to be at keeping it quiet I think something would get leaked pretty quickly.

LakeCamelot

Liked Posts:
He is useless.

Greg Roman
Ken Dorsey
Kellen Moore
Arthur Smith
Mike Shula

View attachment 33755

Looks like Flus is safe and Getsy is the scapegoat. All this chatter about Poles and Warren being “different”. It just sounds like the same old Bears. I know this has been reiterated a thousand times, but nothing will change with this franchise as long as the McCaskeys are at the top. Fucking unreal man.

The new narrative is Kirk Cousins, Baker Mayfield and even Russel Wilson need to get theirs before Fields gets traded.

Guess he's not as coveted as most Bears fans and media fanboys thought.
I would rank them Cousins, Fields, Wilson, Mayfield. But I fear you are correct.

Canth

Liked Posts:
True. But as good as they seem to be at keeping it quiet I think something would get leaked pretty quickly.

I mean, I don't disagree. I think the fact there are no leaks and just rumors means that teams have decided to wait for the decisions on Cousins and Mayfield. It's rare that legit starting caliber QB's hit free agency, so they become the first dominoes to have to fall at this point.

I could see the Bears having some trade scenarios in place with either Atlanta or Pittsburgh, but the deal isn't good enough for the Bears to take it yet and the other teams are not willing to offer more until they know they cannot get one of the FA guys.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, I don't disagree. I think the fact there are no leaks and just rumors means that teams have decided to wait for the decisions on Cousins and Mayfield. It's rare that legit starting caliber QB's hit free agency, so they become the first dominoes to have to fall at this point.

I could see the Bears having some trade scenarios in place with either Atlanta or Pittsburgh, but the deal isn't good enough for the Bears to take it yet and the other teams are not willing to offer more until they know they cannot get one of the FA guys.
Makes sense.