Why I don't want Fields to start day 1

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
To me there are two situations where you don't start Fields, the first one being rather unlikely and the second one being a realistic concern:

1) He has some horrible instincts that need to be worked out in practice before putting him in games where he is more likely to work his way back into

2) The offensive line is not ready and you don't want Fields running for his life every snap from the first snap on

Other than that, he should be out there learning as the game progresses

2) The offensive line is not ready and you don't want Fields running for his life every snap from the first snap on

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fields doesn't run for his life, he runs for first downs and TDs baby. He'll make an OL look better than it is. BOOK IT

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Agreed.

I've said this several times ......if it's 'Matt Flynn-Russell Wilson' type situation, YES, start Fields.

Ok well your thread title and OP indicate there’s no scenario you wanted to see Fields start ?‍♂️.

When most will argue the Wilson/Flynn outcome is the most likely scenario.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ok well your thread title and OP indicate there’s no scenario you wanted to see Fields start ?‍♂️.

When most will argue the Wilson/Flynn outcome is the most likely scenario.

I could make an addendum.

greg23

Liked Posts:
He only had 2 years of college experience
He's only 21
Qbs generally get better with age
qb's are playing longer than ever

i have no idea why anyone would want fields to start until year 5 or 6...plus, without throwing a pass prior to that think of the discount we could get on his second contract!

Win-win!