Why is Jerry Reinsdorf still owner of the Bulls?

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting to find out how the Bulls are saving money by extending Deng, Noah, and Rose.

Theyre not. But I guarantee they wont bring in another big name player and keep this core.

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
Heres a list of players that I feel are on par with Ben Gordon at the time he became a FA with the Bulls.

Monte Ellis

Devin Harris

Jason Terry

Eric Gordon

Im not saying hes better. But was on par with them.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Since when are allstar games the end all to be all? Was Ron Artest the best, if the best second best, player on a damn good pacer team? And consiidered the best wing defender in the league? How many centers would you take over Tyson Chandler today? (And notiice I said today. For some starnge reason people cant seem to comprehend and must be spoon fed everything).

And again, I dont care about hindsight, none of the transactions that moved the players or most of the players on that list were lateral moves at best. With the main thought being salary. And thats my point. You let go of very good YOUNG up and comming players for what reason? Cuz they knew Artest was gonna be a head case? Eddy Curry was the only player I feel that the Bulls FO didnt let go with the main intention of saving money. Thats why I didnt list him. Cuz at the time, he was a very good young talented center. He was found to have a heart problem and that was their excuse.

So....I take it you work for the Bulls? WHY WOULDN'T THEY KNOW IF ARTEST WAS A HEADCASE? They knew him better than you did. They let Chandler go because they got this guy named Ben Wallace....ever heard of him? They traded Brand because his agent told Krause he was going to leave. They let Gordon go because he ran his mouth to the media about the money he wasn't getting...so Reinsdorf wanted nothing to do with him or his agent.

And how crazy is it to "forget hindsight"...when maybe...just maybe...they used FORESIGHT when letting some of these players go...like...for example...knowing Asik is not going to be worth $15mil in 2 years? Just like Gordon hasn't been worth his contract?

And why did they let Tyrus go? You act like its the Cubs letting Greg Maddux walk! Its Tyrus friggin' Thomas! He played 19mpg....for Charlotte! I could play 5mpg for Charlotte! Dude, this is embarrassing.

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
So....I take it you work for the Bulls? WHY WOULDN'T THEY KNOW IF ARTEST WAS A HEADCASE? They knew him better than you did. They let Chandler go because they got this guy named Ben Wallace....ever heard of him? They traded Brand because his agent told Krause he was going to leave. They let Gordon go because he ran his mouth to the media about the money he wasn't getting...so Reinsdorf wanted nothing to do with him or his agent.

And how crazy is it to "forget hindsight"...when maybe...just maybe...they used FORESIGHT when letting some of these players go...like...for example...knowing Asik is not going to be worth $15mil in 2 years? Just like Gordon hasn't been worth his contract?

And why did they let Tyrus go? You act like its the Cubs letting Greg Maddux walk! Its Tyrus friggin' Thomas! He played 19mpg....for Charlotte! I could play 5mpg for Charlotte! Dude, this is embarrassing.

Youre right about Thomas. He never reached his full potential. To this day i feel if he wouldve concentrated on defense sorta like an Andrea Kiirelenko, hes be held iin higher regard.

I disagree as to why they opted not to keep Chandler. It still made no sense. I wouldve rather they not digned Wallace, but they couldve kept the two togehter and formed an unstopable defense. But they played it cheap.

And I dont know where youre gettting your info on Brand. Heres an interview he did with the Chicago Tribune recently. I think it speaks for itself

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...icago--20120504_1_bulls-elton-brand-tim-floyd

As far as Artest. Theres no documented proof that the Bulls got rid of Artest due to his mental issues. He wa a good, very good young player who the Bulls didnt want to pay. Jusst think about how well that team wouldve done had they kept them together.

PG Crawford
SG
SF Artest
PF Brand
C Chandler
Brad Miller

That at the least a top 3 team in the east. Hell the league. They wouldve beaten the Heat in 06. Providing they get a decent bench and SG.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Youre right about Thomas. He never reached his full potential. To this day i feel if he wouldve concentrated on defense sorta like an Andrea Kiirelenko, hes be held iin higher regard.

I disagree as to why they opted not to keep Chandler. It still made no sense. I wouldve rather they not digned Wallace, but they couldve kept the two togehter and formed an unstopable defense. But they played it cheap.

And I dont know where youre gettting your info on Brand. Heres an interview he did with the Chicago Tribune recently. I think it speaks for itself

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...icago--20120504_1_bulls-elton-brand-tim-floyd

As far as Artest. Theres no documented proof that the Bulls got rid of Artest due to his mental issues. He wa a good, very good young player who the Bulls didnt want to pay. Jusst think about how well that team wouldve done had they kept them together.

PG Crawford
SG
SF Artest
PF Brand
C Chandler
Brad Miller

That at the least a top 3 team in the east. Hell the league. They wouldve beaten the Heat in 06. Providing they get a decent bench and SG.

It was stated on draft night that Falk informed Krause of Brand's intentions. But you have to tell me how you envision this championship team built around hall of fame players like....Ron Artest, Elton Brand and Jamal Crawford...competes in the NBA. They don't win anything...and you most likely don't get Derrick Rose.

And how does Chandler end up on the team if Krause doesn't trade Brand for him? Again....homework. You don't do it.

Your reasoning is terribly flawed...and wrong. The best player on this dream team you concocted...made 2 all star games and his prime lasted about...3 years. If Lebron beat that Pistons team, who at the time had a top level player at every position...and had won a championship...he could have easily done the same to your dream team.

Don't criticize the Bulls organization for letting your dream team members go and then bring this crap to the table as your reasoning. This is really bad stuff you are putting on the table.

Last edited:

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
It was stated on draft night that Falk informed Krause of Brand's intentions. But you have to tell me how you envision this championship team built around hall of fame players like....Ron Artest, Elton Brand and Jamal Crawford...competes in the NBA. They don't win anything...and you most likely don't get Derrick Rose.

And how does Chandler end up on the team if Krause doesn't trade Brand for him? Again....homework. You don't do it.

Your reasoning is terribly flawed...and wrong. The best player on this dream team you concocted...made 2 all star games and his prime lasted about...3 years. If Lebron beat that Pistons team, who at the time had a top level player at every position...and had won a championship...he could have easily done the same to your dream team.

Don't criticize the Bulls organization for letting your dream team members go and then bring this crap to the table as your reasoning. This is really bad stuff you are putting on the table.[/
QUOTE]

So I post an interview with Elton Brand himself in which he says he never wanted to leave the Bulls and that Chicago is a second home to him, and you still argue the point. Typical

And how can you argue the talent of that team. That team would have a rookie of the year (Brand). Two dpoy award winners (Artest, Chandler), and a sixthman award winner (Crawford).

Brands prime was cut short due to injury. Not because he wasnt good enough.

Its easy for you to trivialize what the outcome of that team would be. But you cant argue that at one time, Artest, Brand, and Chandler were tops at their respective positions. And Crawford and Miller were very good players.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Don't criticize the Bulls organization for letting your dream team members go and then bring this crap to the table as your reasoning. This is really bad stuff you are putting on the table.[/
QUOTE]

So I post an interview with Elton Brand himself in which he says he never wanted to leave the Bulls and that Chicago is a second home to him, and you still argue the point. Typical

And how can you argue the talent of that team. That team would have a rookie of the year (Brand). Two dpoy award winners (Artest, Chandler), and a sixthman award winner (Crawford).

Brands prime was cut short due to injury. Not because he wasnt good enough.

Its easy for you to trivialize what the outcome of that team would be. But you cant argue that at one time, Artest, Brand, and Chandler were tops at their respective positions. And Crawford and Miller were very good players.

And your response is typical of a guy that thinks Barkley should have been a small forward.

When...when was Brand, Chandler and Artest EVER tops at their respective positions? And at each position, Detroit had a superior player with the exception of small forward. I have no clue what you were watching...

As for Brand...fine, if he wanted to stay and they traded him anyway...so be it. Its Elton Brand...there is nothing there to regret. It might be different if he left for nothing...but didn't they get Chandler for him...the other guy you are boohooing about? Then again, YOU never responded to the fact that they don't get Chandler if they didn't trade Brand. Yet you consistently want to imagine this dream team with them both playing together...scary.

You don't win titles with "very good players". How many rings those this group have as core players? None. None of them were the core of their basketball teams when they won titles, they were role players. Plain and simple. You totally forget that Artest had one of the biggest public disasters in the history of the league in Detroit...no chance that happens in Chicago? Brand's career achievement was getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

You could nitpick at any franchise in the league in this way...except with other teams, you could most likely list a better group of players...might actually find a guy that has been to more than a couple of all star games. I wonder if Cuban catches hell like this over the 2xMVP, HOF, perennial allstar point guard he let go? Probably...but then again, Steve Nash is worth arguing about. Jamal Crawford really isn't.

A wise sage like yourself that cut his proverbial basketball teeth in the rough terrains of...a local YMCA, (which you said makes you knowledgeable about basketball...more than me and some other posters...lol.) could make such an asinine argument. Crazy.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Give it up 97bulls.

Hue will never give you credit for any of your good points you have made the last few pages.

In his eyes krause and pax have a perfect record and have made no mistakes.

You are argueing with a wall made out of brick that the big bad wolf can't even blow down.
Hue is always right about everything.
Everyone else is wrong and stupid.

I'm all for changing the name of this site to "hueheffna.com"..
:troll:

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Give it up 97bullsfan.

Hue will never give you credit for any of your good points you have made the last few pages.

In his eyes krause and pax have a perfect record and have made no mistakes.

You are argueing with a wall made out of brick that the big bad wolf can't even blow down.
Hue is always right about everything.
Everyone else is wrong and stupid.

I'm all for changing the name of this site to "hueheffna.com"..
:troll:

And I'm all for you getting hooked on phonics or some remedial English classes. You see words in front of you and still spell them wrong...what are you...8?

By the way...your late as hell Lebron love is funny....makes me wonder if you started loving Scottie Pippen when he became a Blazer.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
And I'm all for you getting hooked on phonics or some remedial English classes. You see words in front of you and still spell them wrong...what are you...8?

By the way...your late as hell Lebron love is funny....makes me wonder if you started loving Scottie Pippen when he became a Blazer.

Tickle my fancy.

picasion-com_ef946ee4472263bae1e90f1949c3c02b.gif

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

He admitted to drinking at halftime during games, and if you think the Bulls did not know about that you're deluding yourself. He also ripped a BOLTED weight bench off the floor of the Berto Center workout room. He broke lockers, & countless other objects at both the UC & the Berto Center. Ask KC Johnson if Artest was a headcase on the Bulls. He's got some good stories.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He admitted to drinking at halftime during games, and if you think the Bulls did not know about that you're deluding yourself. He also ripped a BOLTED weight bench off the floor of the Berto Center workout room. He broke lockers, & countless other objects at both the UC & the Berto Center. Ask KC Johnson if Artest was a headcase on the Bulls. He's got some good stories.

I heard about him throwing around 100lb barbells in the workout facility while having a mental fit like they were q-tips...lol. But guys like 97Bulls...if they didn't get the information firsthand...they most likely don't want to believe what anyone else has to say.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Ron Artest was an asshole and it makes sense to why the Bulls got rid of him at the time.
No one knew he would become an allstar in Indiana so soon after being traded.
It didn't matter though, because he ended up fucking Indiana real good with the Ben Wallace incident causing him to miss like a whole season.
And then the Phycho changes his name to World Peace which shows more how insane the guy is, especially when he is the opposite of World Peace..

Artest had a lot of talent, but his crazyness over shadowed and still does overshadow his talents.

I'm not a fan of the Bulls F.O, but I think they made the right decision at the time in regards to Artest.

The Elton Brand thing is what didn't make sense to me at the time, because his upside was huge. I hated seeing him go.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I heard about him throwing around 100lb barbells in the workout facility while having a mental fit like they were q-tips...lol. But guys like 97Bulls...if they didn't get the information firsthand...they most likely don't want to believe what anyone else has to say.

He also tore his framed picture from the Berto Center wall, after he learned he had been traded & said something like "Y'all won't be needing this anymore!"