Why people hate the Cardinals....

patg006

Liked Posts:
A Sox fan now donning red?...

Perhaps you have never actually been to St. Louis...or Missouri?.

Cardinal fans realize they live in a shithole, and therefore use baseball to vent their inferiority complex...particularly when it comes to Chicago.

St. Louis is a nice place, well downtown and the SLU campus area. Insanely expensive drinking, ran a $300 tab one night at one place.

The Cards are about all they got, because the blues are the bulls of the NHL (always the overachieving bridesmaid, never the bride) and the Rams.....well......the Rams have Sam Bradford. That tells you all you need to know.

I hate the red sox, but I hate the cards less. I like the NL way better than the AL (DH is the dumbest addition to baseball.) So......cards are my pick. Plus all you farm slurpers loved telling me how fundamentally intelligent their front office is when it comes to drafting.....so, you get 1 free 'i told you so.'

But not chris. Seriously. Watch baseball before you spout off nonsense your wheelhouse is known for......You make espn analysts look smart.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Jealous? Nope!

Just keeping the rivalry in tact.

Soon their will be a new sheriff in town and he will be wearing blue pinstripes.

Better get your licks in now! :parrot:

LOL. The best season for Cubs fans is always "next season".

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
St. Louis is a nice place, well downtown and the SLU campus area. Insanely expensive drinking, ran a $300 tab one night at one place.

The Cards are about all they got, because the blues are the bulls of the NHL (always the overachieving bridesmaid, never the bride) and the Rams.....well......the Rams have Sam Bradford. That tells you all you need to know.

I hate the red sox, but I hate the cards less. I like the NL way better than the AL (DH is the dumbest addition to baseball.) So......cards are my pick. Plus all you farm slurpers loved telling me how fundamentally intelligent their front office is when it comes to drafting.....so, you get 1 free 'i told you so.'

But not chris. Seriously. Watch baseball before you spout off nonsense your wheelhouse is known for......You make espn analysts look smart.

The city has zero culture, brews the absolute worst beer in the country, and every restaurant has slow service. And nightlife is nonexistent.

People drive through St. Louis, on their way somewhere else...which is why the city generally has a low self-esteem. We remind them constantly of why we don't ever care to visit.:p

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Hate STL because they are in our division and therefore among our most direct competition, you can't just like them.

patg006

Liked Posts:
The city has zero culture, brews the absolute worst beer in the country, and every restaurant has slow service. And nightlife is nonexistent.

People drive through St. Louis, on their way somewhere else...which is why the city generally has a low self-esteem. We remind them constantly of why we don't ever care to visit.:p

I wouldn't go that far.....it's not Chicago, hell its not a lot of places. But I think its better than you say.

Market Street has some fine bars in it's hotel area. Tigin was pretty good. BB's Blues house was stellar (though you have to be there at like 7-8 pm before it gets packed.) Maggie O'Brien's is my favorite--though its expensive as fuck.

Budweiser? I don't drink that shit when I was down there (I dont drink it period). Morgan Street Brewery, Civil Life, and Urban Chestnut breweries were great.

It aint Chicago, but the bbq, blues, and brews are great there if you know where to go and get over their baseball team is better than ours.....

patg006

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't go that far.....it's not Chicago, hell its not a lot of places. But I think its better than you say.

Market Street has some fine bars in it's hotel area. Tigin was pretty good. BB's Blues house was stellar (though you have to be there at like 7-8 pm before it gets packed.) Maggie O'Brien's is my favorite--though its expensive as fuck.

Budweiser? I don't drink that shit when I was down there (I dont drink it period). Morgan Street Brewery, Civil Life, and Urban Chestnut breweries were great.

It aint Chicago, but the bbq, blues, and brews are great there if you know where to go and get over their baseball team is better than ours.....

It does have its trailer fabulous crowds......forgot that. And there are no Mexicans there. Not as busboys, not as waiters, cleaners, house keepers in hotels.......I found that eerie......

But it sure as hell beats Indianapolis, Knoxville, and Milwaukee.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
LOL. The best season for Cubs fans is always "next season".

Da faq kind of a fan has the Blackhawks and Blues as their favorite team?

I went to STL this summer and it was a terrible city. You got the arch, the Cardinals, and about half of Schaumburg. I was so disappointed in that city. The stadium was great and the arch was awesome, but other than those 4/5 hours? Trash

Mathewsisroidn

Liked Posts:
"I always root for two teams. The Cubs of course, and anyone who is playing the Cardinals."

ditto

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate both pretty bad... but my extreme hate for the Cardinals out ranks my displeasure with the Sox.. and even the Yankees. So I'll be "rooting" for the Sox.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Da faq kind of a fan has the Blackhawks and Blues as their favorite team?

I went to STL this summer and it was a terrible city. You got the arch, the Cardinals, and about half of Schaumburg. I was so disappointed in that city. The stadium was great and the arch was awesome, but other than those 4/5 hours? Trash

"and about half of Schaumburg."

As in Woodfield Mall?...this comparison is interesting. That suburb is known for plastic, along with credit cards...shallow people.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Have you met a Cardinals fan who isn't willing to tell you that they are the best fans in baseball?

Yes, tons and tons of them. (I went to UIUC for some of my college education) I can't remember a single one telling me that they are. Even when I went to a single game they were nothing but nice

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the Cards 18 of 25 on the roster were drafted by the Cardinals.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
For the Cards 18 of 25 on the roster were drafted by the Cardinals.

Without even checking, I know there is Wainright, Holliday, Beltran, Axford, Freese, and Choate. My guess on the other would either be a bullpen guy, or the backup catcher.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Have you met a Cardinals fan who isn't willing to tell you that they are the best fans in baseball?

Don't Cubs fans do that too, though?

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Don't Cubs fans do that too, though?

The difference is that the Cardinals are in the race nearly every season while the Cubs are not. This is why Cubs fans can actually say they are the best fans in baseball. It's not unlike Browns fans in football.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
It kinda feels pathetic as a Cubs fan rooting against the Cardinals. Same with Bears/Packers, Vikings/Packers, Bulls/Heat, White Sox/Tigers, or any other rivalry in any other city.

If you want them beat, beat them yourself...should be the way to look at it.

But like I said, I'm guilty of it too. And I'm jealous of the Cards.