Why The Bears Will Win Sunday

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Florio’s take:

The presence of Khalil Mack makes this one more interesting. But not so interesting that the Bears can actually win it.

Florio’s pick: Packers 34, Bears 21.

I have the Bears winning 23-21, but I'd be surprised if GB DID WIN by more than a td. They have suspect WR and RB and OL and their DEF isn't great.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Spread moved 1.5 points after Mack signing. In some cases it's down to 6 (a 3 points move). SO, thinks ARE changing.

Did you see Vegas moved Bears from 60-1 to win the Super Bowl to 40-1 right after Mack signing?

Oakland fell from 20 - 1 to 40 - 1.

Vegas loved the trade for the Bears.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I'm tempering my expectations for this game. I haven't been this excited about the Bears in a long time, but the reality is that the Bears are still more than a touchdown underdog, Mack has only been on the team for a week, and the offense is learning a brand new system. That's not a good recipe for going on the road against Rodgers. Watching the board meltdown if the Bears lose will be interesting though.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
I want to drink the kool aid and get hyped for this team but years of being a Bears fan has a way of making you a pessimist. Especially when it comes to playing the Packers. My fear is that the narrative after this game will be how the Bears out played the Packers but got screwed by the refs. I can already see this game playing out with every big play for the Bears getting a flag on a phantom hold. Or timely penalties that just happen to pop up every time the Bears get some momentum and questionable defensive penalties to extend drives for the Packers offense.

But if I sip some of the kool aid and forget the past I could see this offense catch them off guard and putting up 35+ points. So I'll go with my heart and say Bears 35 Packers 20.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Can't blame them too much. It's Rodgers at home against a Bears team that he's historically destroyed. Bears will have to start winning before the respect comes.

This is true, but all of their picks seemed like one person chose, the others just went "yeah what he said."

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spread moved 1.5 points after Mack signing. In some cases it's down to 6 (a 3 points move). SO, thinks ARE changing.
I'm as happy as anyone about the off-season and expect good things this year. That doesn't mean even 6 points isn't a big spread or that we should be shocked to start the season 0-1.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears win 30-17

giphy.gif

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Florio’s take:

The presence of Khalil Mack makes this one more interesting. But not so interesting that the Bears can actually win it.

Florio’s pick: Packers 34, Bears 21.

A 13-point loss is interesting?? I'd consider that a major disappointment.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I'm tempering my expectations for this game. I haven't been this excited about the Bears in a long time, but the reality is that the Bears are still more than a touchdown underdog, Mack has only been on the team for a week, and the offense is learning a brand new system. That's not a good recipe for going on the road against Rodgers. Watching the board meltdown if the Bears lose will be interesting though.

IMO this week is not really a recipe for a board meltdown if the Bears lose. The unrealistic optimists labeled homers here will have plenty of excuses including the ones we can predict as surely as the next sunset: (new offensive system, Mack is new / didn't even start). Meltdowns will happen later and some contextual external parameters need to change a bit as the season goes on.

But you are right in that meltdowns are as sure as death and taxes. If CCS existed in 85, the Miami game would have been comical here.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO this week is not really a recipe for a board meltdown if the Bears lose. The unrealistic optimists labeled homers here will have plenty of excuses including the ones we can predict as surely as the next sunset: (new offensive system, Mack is new / didn't even start). Meltdowns will happen later and some contextual external parameters need to change a bit as the season goes on.

But you are right in that meltdowns are as sure as death and taxes. If CCS existed in 85, the Miami game would have been comical here.

The Refs, you forgot the refs......

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have been wrong and it be a blow out.

Washington

Liked Posts:
These are still your Chicago Bears. Same old, same old. What an embarrassing route to defeat on SNF. There are no more moral victories. It is all about wins and losses. Shit or get off the pot.

Nagy is green as baby shit. He cost KC a playoff win with his play calling in the 2nd half. He was bad for us after 2 well called drives. He needs to improve - and quickly at that. I wish we had Pederson's play calling

Trubisky is still green as baby shit. He flashes in both directions. I'm looking forward to some steady improvement. Without it, this is not a .500 team.

Our new and exciting O produced 1 TD against a supposedly terrible GB D. GB's O (with a supposed terrible line, no RB, and old WRs minus Jordy Nelson) produced 3 TDs against our top 5 unstoppable D. McCarthy and Pettine outcoached Nagy and Fangio when it mattered most. When you get up 20-0, you go for the jugular. We of course did not.

Pettine > Fangio. I continue to hate Fangio's bend but don't break non-attacking D. It bores the shit out of me.

After watching Minn vs SF, I got to see what an impactful secondary with playmakers looks like. We are nowhere in Minn's league in the secondary regardless of PFF's meaningless stats.

GB continues to own us and gets to sing their "The Bears Still Suck" song and it is still accurate.

I hope you all took the points and bet your mortgages on this game. You thought this would be an easy win but you should be rich nonetheless.