Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

tenor.gif

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Hub was on 670 yesterday, just a little news...

he said Kyle Long is about 90-95% in terms of health, and is by far our best linemen in a unit which, overall, he said was average on their best day. He really voiced concerns about how our line would hold up this season. He also said the Akiem Hicks was still dealing with a knee issue, but it looks like its a nagging type of thing and not something that'll prevent him from playing.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The Bears will win Sunday and here is why:

1) The Packers have a beat up offensive line;

2) The Packers don't have anyone who can run the ball, which will make them one dimensional;

3) This means the Packers will have to key in on Khalil Mack;

4) However, what people here forget is that Leonard Floyd is a dynamic pass rusher when healthy. Don't believe me? Go back and watch his games last year and his rookie year (He was on pace for 10 sacks his rookie year and Defensive Rookie of the Year). Also, go back and look at Akiem Hicks production in terms of sacks last year. He had 7 when Floyd was healthy (because Floyd was being double teamed) and 1.5 in the last 5-6 games when Floyd was injured. Say what you want about him being able to stay healthy, none of it matters though, as he'll play in this game.

5) While Rodgers will score, he now has to keep up with the Bears offense. If you're worried about Mitch, you're not being honest with yourself. if you break down his game play into four game chunks you'd see a guy averaging almost 7 yards a throw and completing 65.6% of his passes all while throwing to Kendall Wright and Josh Bellamy with a QB rating of 81.6 while adding in 54 yards rushing and 2 more TDs. And now he's had an offseason to improve AND all reports indicate that this has occurred (whether it's the time put into learning or the play on the field and mechanics). On top of that, we've greatly improved all skill positions except RB, which was already fine. This includes players that have a reputation as a true number one receiver or are expected to be high performers elsewhere (Burton). And've added better players to our offensive line. Our offense is now much faster.

6) We should be able to also utilize our running game to keep Rodgers off the field.

7) The Packers defense is not good (on top of having a new system to learn).

8) Don't forget, Rodgers is still coming off a broken collar bone in his throwing shoulder and lost his favorite weapon in the redzone. Yes, they added Jimmy Graham, but Rodgers is notorious for not using TEs. This is probably due to him liking to extend plays and throw it down field.

I am expecting a good game and would not be surprised by a win. Mick already took you to task very well for your myopic homer-vision sprinkled in amongst decent analysis. The bolded strikes me as ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if Trubisky played well enough to win, but I would be shocked if he posted the stats you found by dividing last year up into "game chunks" and rationalizing his performance as being some kind of hidden super secret elite play that is itching to explode out in open Sunday night. That I don't see at all.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Everyone is setting themselves up for disappointment.

The Packers will get away with holding like they always do which will negate Mack. And even so, he hasn't practiced all year yet. He could be rusty.

No one can hold mack.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If pace thought this offense could beat teams on its own I dont think he would have bothered trading for mack. So I'll defer to his judgement on that

Could this offense be good? Sure. But you're setting yourself up for disappointment taking that as a given at this point. Its rational to say they'll be better than last year but that bar is not high.

If the bears win sunday the defense will probably be the biggest reason
Dumbest fucking shit I've ever heard
"If pace thought this offense could beat teams on its own I dont think he would have bothered trading for mack."

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
No Jordy Nelson, packer fans must hate Reggie in Oakland.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
My concern is how ready will the Bears be?

If this were week 5 or 6, I'd have the Bears winning this one. I probably wouldn't predict a blowout, because with Rodgers, he can keep your team in a game no matter how bad the rest of the team sucks. I'd be confident in a win though.

But week 1, in a new offensive system for Trubisky with new players. Mack hasn't been practicing for very long (yes, he's in shape. But he hasn't learned the defense), Floyd has his wrist, and Smith missed most of pre-season and may not start the season.

Those are some pressing questions to go into week 1 at night in Lambeau with.

Yeah I see the Bears getting behind quickly and not being able to keep up with a healthy Rodgers with a point to make. He’ll be highly motivated havng signed a big new contract and having missed so much of last season. It will take some time for the Bears to gel offensively and some time for Mack and Smith to get their sea legs under them. Once that happens, they will be damn hard to beat.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Bears fan in me who knows the history and Aaron Rodgers can't legitimately pick the Bears in this game, if you made me bet on the game.

I do think it'll be much closer than people think. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the Bears won, and I think they have a really good chance to do so.

At the end of the day, the Bears *are* the better team overall. But individual players can and do win games, or tilt them heavily. And this game is tilted toward Green Bay right now, in my opinion. I'd think differently maybe if this were Week 2 or 3.

In any case, Bear Down!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What concerns me when Bears have the ball: Mitch and this being a new offense. Yes, I know the guy is bright and it sounds like he has spent every waking moment of every day of the off-season either studying the play-book, practicing or throwing to receivers, but it takes time. If I'd seen him move the ball with the ease that Chase Daniels moved it against Kansas City, then I'd be a lot more confident. I'm not saying that Daniels is the long-term solution to the QB question, I'm just saying that he is obviously damned familiar with the offense and it may take Mitch a bit longer to get there. Remember Green Bay will definitely dial-up some blitzes that Mitch hasn't seen yet just because everyone knows Green Bay are dick-heads (they're not dick-heads for throwing un-scouted defenses, they're dick-heads because they're Green Bay :) ). I'm also concerned about AR12's knee, which the last time I saw him interviewed he was rubbing like it was bothering him. Let me put it this way, next year this offense is going to be potent. I'm also still concerned about the right-tackle position (for like the 4th year in a row now).

What concerns me when Aaron Rodgers has the ball: They are going to attempt to exploit our linebackers' (in)ability to cover Graham. We may have Roquan and he may have awesome coverage skills, but no one knows how much he's playing, and for now one must assume it's going to be #44, who's a thumper, but not a coverage-guy. I don't think Aaron Rodgers will have the time to run around un-accosted like he's used to doing vs the Bears, so as long as #20 and #23 can play decent man-coverage for 3-3.5 seconds, the Bears should be okay there and shouldn't give up too many intermediate plays.

If Shaheen were playing I'd give this win to the Bears (nothing like a 6'6 red-zone target), but with him out, I think the Packers take this one by a field-goal; 30-27.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I am expecting a good game and would not be surprised by a win. Mick already took you to task very well for your myopic homer-vision sprinkled in amongst decent analysis. The bolded strikes me as ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if Trubisky played well enough to win, but I would be shocked if he posted the stats you found by dividing last year up into "game chunks" and rationalizing his performance as being some kind of hidden super secret elite play that is itching to explode out in open Sunday night. That I don't see at all.

I think this board as a whole needs to work on reading what's actually written. Not interjecting nonsense to try to bolster an argument. I never said he will unleash super secret elite play. And as to the points Mick took me to task on, idk, would you mind, with great specificity, informing me of which exact points those are?

Bottom line is, I predicted a bears win and gave reasons why they will win. I didn't include negative analysis because it would be irrelevant to the point (which is why the bears win). Predicting a win doesn't make me a homer. Nor does me predicting the browns beating the Steelers make me a browns homer.

lurker

Liked Posts:
I guess I'm just not nearly as worried about how mitch looked in preseason compared to Daniel. Gotta take into account that when mitch played there was little to no game planning and it showed. Daniel also for that matter. Daniel only looked good in the dress rehearsal game that was actually game planned for, and we will never know what Mich would have looked like in that game. Nagy giving mitch and the rest of the 1's the day off for that game told me that he thinks mitch is as ready as he can be for the opener and us armchair GM's need to trust him. If mitch looks like shit then by all means pile on the bashing, but give the guy a chance to prove you wrong first. He deserves that much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I'm just not nearly as worried about how mitch looked in preseason compared to Daniel. Gotta take into account that when mitch played there was little to no game planning and it showed. Daniel also for that matter. Daniel only looked good in the dress rehearsal game that was actually game planned for, and we will never know what Mich would have looked like in that game. Nagy giving mitch and the rest of the 1's the day off for that game told me that he thinks mitch is as ready as he can be for the opener and us armchair GM's need to trust him. If mitch looks like shit then by all means pile on the bashing, but give the guy a chance to prove you wrong first. He deserves that much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fair point.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Fangio, with the right talent, has shown he can scheme well enough to stop Rodgers (Did it multiple times in SF).

Thankfully, Rodgers is starting Sunday and Hundley is no longer with the team. He owns Fangio.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I want the Bears to win probably more than anyone. I've been a Bears fan for over 50 years and live in WI and have to endure the bullshit from the Packers fans and the local media. It becomes nauseating. But, reading year in and year out how the Packers only have 1 good player and seeing that "team" almost consistently make the playoffs is irritating. Adipost's post showing how the Packers were playing backups to the backups on their Oline and they still whooped us is a great example of why the talk is irritating. The Packers are most likely a playoff team again this year unfortunately and that sucks. I would love to see Rodgers go down again and see them deal with Kizer.

I don't think this game will be as easy as many are eluding to. Pettine is a huge upgrade for GB and his blitz packages are well thought out. You know he's coming for our green QB and our Oline is probably our weakest link. I'm still going out on a limb and predicting GB scores 24 on our vaunted D. I really hope to be wrong and maybe this is the year the fortunes against GB turn around. I am cautiously optimistic and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I want the Bears to win probably more than anyone. I've been a Bears fan for over 50 years and live in WI and have to endure the bullshit from the Packers fans and the local media. It becomes nauseating. But, reading year in and year out how the Packers only have 1 good player and seeing that "team" almost consistently make the playoffs is irritating. Adipost's post showing how the Packers were playing backups to the backups on their Oline and they still whooped us is a great example of why the talk is irritating. The Packers are most likely a playoff team again this year unfortunately and that sucks. I would love to see Rodgers go down again and see them deal with Kizer.

I don't think this game will be as easy as many are eluding to. Pettine is a huge upgrade for GB and his blitz packages are well thought out. You know he's coming for our green QB and our Oline is probably our weakest link. I'm still going out on a limb and predicting GB scores 24 on our vaunted D. I really hope to be wrong and maybe this is the year the fortunes against GB turn around. I am cautiously optimistic and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah the idea that the bears are going to shit down the packers offense is absolutely laughable. The bears have a legit shot at this, but it’s not going to be by holding the packers to 14 points. Not a fucking chance imo.

I am very curious how the bears are going to handle the blitzes/packers d line. Trubisky was horrid last year at recognizing where the pressure was coming from, and he was awful under pressure. I attribute part of that to 3rd and long with obvious passing downs, but we shall see if he has progressed at all to start the year at recognizing where the pressure is coming from. I also have a lot of faith that nagy and co will have schemes for this. Hell, they may even throw a screen pass this week.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thankfully, Rodgers is starting Sunday and Hundley is no longer with the team. He owns Fangio.

The Bears lost that game because of the non-blitzing.

During the year, Hundley was constantly breaking under pressure and Fangio decided not to blitz much. I believe that cost the game for the Bears.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Before this years off season, if we knew the Bears were opening the 2018 season in Green Bay on Sunday night, very few of us would be optimistic about winning the game. With this off season now completed, the Bears a significantly improved on offense, defense, special teams and coaching. HUGE CHANGES. This game is going to go down to the wire because of the improvements in the Bears. We have to feel good about it.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:

Great post! It has to be tough living among Packers fans like you are. I am cautiously optimistic too. The Bears are significantly improved. So much change that we will need several games to get more and more of the changes to gel. Getting it all to gel is my top concern. I know that the changes are great. We just have to let it settle in and know we are headed for much better seasons in the years ahead.