CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

6-5215415.jpg

4aQ-XABv_400x400.jpg

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
He was on the practice squad of an arena team...

Screw Hicks , let's find a way to have Mack go after him.

Mack is going to draw double teams no matter where he lines up. This should free up Akiem and Floyd to go crazy on dudes like this one on one.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It’s simple. The game will come down to penalties and turnovers. Whoever wins this aspect of the game will win.

**god I hope the new helmet rule doesn’t cost us a victory**

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was listening to this Podcast and their OC ? .. Philbin ?? of the Packers is supposed to be really good with Rodgers from the past and now re-united.

The pukers were sayin that their middle linebackers were All suspect and would be the soft spot of their D that we could easily exploit.

They all were High on their CBs and "stout" front four. ..Sayin the middle was weak. Also said their punter is fantastic

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Graham is old and is pretty much a one trick pony that catches redzone touchdowns.

Mike Pettine hasnt had a good defense since 2010 with Buffalo so I dont know where the hype of his greatness is coming from.

The Packers have no idea what to expect from the Bears offense. Nagy is a creative play caller and the Bears have weapons all over the field.

The Packers were the 26th ranked defense last year and while they did add some rookie corners with potential, they wont suddenly become a top 10-15 defense.

The Bears defense is at full strength and with Mack, teams wont be scoring a ton of points.

Bears Win 24 to Packers 20

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers offense > Bears offense
Bears Defense > Packers defense

Special teams and turnover battle gives the edge to the Packers. I also think we will see a few more 3 and outs from the Bears (field position battle), as well as a big play or two from AR. Bears need to counter with a special teams play or two to stay in this. I really hope the Bears win, I just don't see it happening, not yet. Big game for Mitch, I hope he gets on track early (nerves), can't afford to play catch up and take Howard out of the game.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'm right year in year out, while you homers look foolish. But that doesn't stop you doing it all over again every off-season.

Bearin', if you're that confident of a win I'll happily make a ban bet with you.

pssst...psssst...you hear that Bearmick? That's the Homer Movement advertising itself to you...

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
It’s simple. The game will come down to penalties and turnovers. Whoever wins this aspect of the game will win.

**god I hope the new helmet rule doesn’t cost us a victory**

The helmet rule will cost the Packers the game. I know this to be true because the Ancient Lake told me.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
My concern is how ready will the Bears be?

If this were week 5 or 6, I'd have the Bears winning this one. I probably wouldn't predict a blowout, because with Rodgers, he can keep your team in a game no matter how bad the rest of the team sucks. I'd be confident in a win though.

But week 1, in a new offensive system for Trubisky with new players. Mack hasn't been practicing for very long (yes, he's in shape. But he hasn't learned the defense), Floyd has his wrist, and Smith missed most of pre-season and may not start the season.

Those are some pressing questions to go into week 1 at night in Lambeau with.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This fan base has developed an inferiority complex when it comes to the Packers. Rodgers is an amazing player but he's like any other QB when it comes to pressure. If they can pressure him consistently and contain him in the pocket, they'll have a puncher's chance.

I think the Bears' O is going to move the ball at will on the Pack D.

Cutler gave them so many games with his ididocy, it makes us all a little gun shy when we see them on the schedule.

I disagree, Rodgers is the exception. He can beat you in every way possible. If he has no protection, he’ll just short pass you to death and still move the chains. For example, see week 4 last season when his entire offensive line was injured. You are more than likely setting yourself up for disappointment if you think the Bears defense is just gonna shut him down. Gonna have to score some points to win this game.

2017 Week 4:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Here's how bad the Packers' offensive line situation looks on the eve of Thursday's game against the Chicago Bears: They might have to start someone who's been with them for three days or play one or more of their guards at the all-important tackle spots.

Preferred starting tackles David Bakhtiari (hamstring) and Bryan Bulaga (ankle) both were listed as doubtful on the final injury report Wednesday. The Packers' top three backup tackles all are on injured reserve. Kyle Murphy, who started the season opener at right tackle in place of Bulaga and the last two games at left tackle for Bakhtiari, this week joined Jason Spriggs and Don Barclay on IR.

Coach Mike McCarthy will have to decide whether to try tackle Ulrick John, who was signed Tuesday after Murphy sustained a foot injury, or shuffle two of his guards -- either starters Lane Taylor and Jahri Evans or backups Lucas Patrick, Justin McCray or Adam Pankey -- to the outside.

Taylor might be the best option at left tackle because at least he plays on the left side of the line as the starting left guard. Patrick could then jump in at Taylor's spot.

McCray then likely would be the best option at right tackle. He played exclusively at guard and center all preseason but made his first NFL start in Week 2 against Atlanta at right tackle. He also filled in Sunday after Bulaga reinjured his right ankle. Patrick is a guard/center by trade, while Pankey played tackle in college at West Virginia but transitioned to guard this summer after he was signed as an undrafted free agent.

"It's definitely not a position you want to be in," Bakhtiari said. "Technically, you have your five tackles all banged up right now. That's not something you want to see. We're a team at the end of the day. We believe in the philosophy of next man up. Regardless if a guy's out there and he's banged up, he's got to perform."

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers took a beating last week, getting sacked six times by the Bengals. According to ESPN Stats & Information, it's the first time he's ever won a game while getting sacked six or more times.

At least Rodgers should have all of his receivers if he has any time to throw. Randall Cobb (chest) was removed from the injury report after missing the game Sunday.

The Packers ruled out cornerback Davon House (quad) for the second straight week. Two other defensive players, Mike Daniels (hip) and Nick Perry (hand), were listed as questionable.

Graham is old and is pretty much a one trick pony that catches redzone touchdowns.

Mike Pettine hasnt had a good defense since 2010 with Buffalo so I dont know where the hype of his greatness is coming from.

The Packers have no idea what to expect from the Bears offense. Nagy is a creative play caller and the Bears have weapons all over the field.

The Packers were the 26th ranked defense last year and while they did add some rookie corners with potential, they wont suddenly become a top 10-15 defense.

The Bears defense is at full strength and with Mack, teams wont be scoring a ton of points.

Bears Win 24 to Packers 20

I think you meant 2013, and that was the last season he was a defensive coordinator. In his 1 year with Buffalo, he turned that squad into a top 5 defense. Prior to that, he was the defensive coordinator of NY Jets, a defense that carried that team to 2 AFC championship games. Before that, he was a defensive coach for the great Baltimore Ravens defenses. His first year as a head coach of the Browns, he turned them into a top 10 defense. In 2015, he put all his focus on the offense, and the entire team completely fell apart.

Last edited:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think you meant 2013, and that was the last season he was a defensive coordinator. In his 1 year with Buffalo, he turned that squad into a top 5 defense. Prior to that, he was the defensive coordinator of NY Jets, a defense that carried that team to 2 AFC championship games. Before that, he was a defensive coach for the great Baltimore Ravens defenses. His first year as a head coach of the Browns, he turned them into a top 10 defense. In 2015, he put all his focus on the offense, and the entire team completely fell apart.

Umm, 2013 Buffalo Bills were #20 in points and number #10 in yards defensively so how exactly is that a top 5 defense??

He also had Mario Williams & Marcel Darius on that defense and the Packers.... Don’t.

As for his time on the Jets with a certain Rex Ryan, I don’t know how much credit he deserves versus the defensive HC.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm, 2013 Buffalo Bills were #20 in points and number #10 in yards defensively so how exactly is that a top 5 defense??

He also had Mario Williams & Marcel Darius on that defense and the Packers.... Don’t.

As for his time on the Jets with a certain Rex Ryan, I don’t know how much credit he deserves versus the defensive HC.

Ranked #4 in 2013, and they were ranked #27 the year prior to Pettine (even with Mario Williams & Marcel Darius)

PHzpQvD.jpg

In Pettine’s 5 seasons as a defensive coordinator:

2009 - #1 (NY Jets ranked #14 prior season)
2010 - #5
2011 - #2
2012 - #9
2013 - #4 (BUF ranked #27 prior season)

Rex Ryan defenses without Mike Pettine

2013 - #12
2014 - #21
2015 - #24
2016 - #27

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ranked #4 in 2013, and they were ranked #27 the year prior to Pettine (even with Mario Williams & Marcel Darius)

PHzpQvD.jpg

In Pettine’s 5 seasons as a defensive coordinator:

2009 - #1 (NY Jets ranked #14 prior season)
2010 - #5
2011 - #2
2012 - #9
2013 - #4 (BUF ranked #27 prior season)

Rex Ryan defenses without Mike Pettine

2013 - #12
2014 - #21
2015 - #24
2016 - #27

Link?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I disagree, Rodgers is the exception. He can beat you in every way possible. If he has no protection, he’ll just short pass you to death and still move the chains. For example, see week 4 last season when his entire offensive line was injured. You are more than likely setting yourself up for disappointment if you think the Bears defense is just gonna shut him down. Gonna have to score some points to win this game.

2017 Week 4:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Here's how bad the Packers' offensive line situation looks on the eve of Thursday's game against the Chicago Bears: They might have to start someone who's been with them for three days or play one or more of their guards at the all-important tackle spots.

Preferred starting tackles David Bakhtiari (hamstring) and Bryan Bulaga (ankle) both were listed as doubtful on the final injury report Wednesday. The Packers' top three backup tackles all are on injured reserve. Kyle Murphy, who started the season opener at right tackle in place of Bulaga and the last two games at left tackle for Bakhtiari, this week joined Jason Spriggs and Don Barclay on IR.

Coach Mike McCarthy will have to decide whether to try tackle Ulrick John, who was signed Tuesday after Murphy sustained a foot injury, or shuffle two of his guards -- either starters Lane Taylor and Jahri Evans or backups Lucas Patrick, Justin McCray or Adam Pankey -- to the outside.

Taylor might be the best option at left tackle because at least he plays on the left side of the line as the starting left guard. Patrick could then jump in at Taylor's spot.

McCray then likely would be the best option at right tackle. He played exclusively at guard and center all preseason but made his first NFL start in Week 2 against Atlanta at right tackle. He also filled in Sunday after Bulaga reinjured his right ankle. Patrick is a guard/center by trade, while Pankey played tackle in college at West Virginia but transitioned to guard this summer after he was signed as an undrafted free agent.

"It's definitely not a position you want to be in," Bakhtiari said. "Technically, you have your five tackles all banged up right now. That's not something you want to see. We're a team at the end of the day. We believe in the philosophy of next man up. Regardless if a guy's out there and he's banged up, he's got to perform."

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers took a beating last week, getting sacked six times by the Bengals. According to ESPN Stats & Information, it's the first time he's ever won a game while getting sacked six or more times.

At least Rodgers should have all of his receivers if he has any time to throw. Randall Cobb (chest) was removed from the injury report after missing the game Sunday.

The Packers ruled out cornerback Davon House (quad) for the second straight week. Two other defensive players, Mike Daniels (hip) and Nick Perry (hand), were listed as questionable.

How does a “puncher’s chance” equate to me suggesting they’re going to shut down Rodgers?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Packers are really hurting at LB. I expect Nagy to mercilessly exploit this unit in the passing game.