Why The Bears Will Win Sunday

Washington

Liked Posts:
Yeah the idea that the bears are going to shit down the packers offense is absolutely laughable. The bears have a legit shot at this, but it’s not going to be by holding the packers to 14 points. Not a fucking chance imo.

I am very curious how the bears are going to handle the blitzes/packers d line. Trubisky was horrid last year at recognizing where the pressure was coming from, and he was awful under pressure. I attribute part of that to 3rd and long with obvious passing downs, but we shall see if he has progressed at all to start the year at recognizing where the pressure is coming from. I also have a lot of faith that nagy and co will have schemes for this. Hell, they may even throw a screen pass this week.

Since Mack's arrival, there has been loads of talk about how we're going to sack Rodgers repeatedly. I would not be surprised if Trubs is sacked more than Rodgers in this game. The Packers DL is tougher than people want to give them credit for. People say Clay Mathews is done but he still had 7.5 sacks last year. When Floyd hits that #, people will be ready to put him in the HOF. That is not very far off Mack's career average of 10. Pettine will find a way to pressure Trubs. Nagy better be ready for it. I really hope Nagy has a package that he's been waiting to unleash that surprises the hell out of GB.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The Bears lost that game because of the non-blitzing.

During the year, Hundley was constantly breaking under pressure and Fangio decided not to blitz much. I believe that cost the game for the Bears.

And, Fangio had 2 weeks to prep for that game and GB was playing on a short week too. Fangio's D, while efficient, often bores the shit out of me. I like Pettine's style far more and was hoping he'd be coming our way. I'll be curious to see what Fangio does with all the talent he has now.

lurker

Liked Posts:
Yeah the idea that the bears are going to shit down the packers offense is absolutely laughable. The bears have a legit shot at this, but it’s not going to be by holding the packers to 14 points. Not a fucking chance imo.

I am very curious how the bears are going to handle the blitzes/packers d line. Trubisky was horrid last year at recognizing where the pressure was coming from, and he was awful under pressure. I attribute part of that to 3rd and long with obvious passing downs, but we shall see if he has progressed at all to start the year at recognizing where the pressure is coming from. I also have a lot of faith that nagy and co will have schemes for this. Hell, they may even throw a screen pass this week.
I could be wrong, but i seem to remember hearing that mitch actually had a pretty good 3rd and long conversion rate. Or maybe it was something like making throws under pressure. I cant remember

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And, Fangio had 2 weeks to prep for that game and GB was playing on a short week too. Fangio's D, while efficient, often bores the shit out of me. I like Pettine's style far more and was hoping he'd be coming our way. I'll be curious to see what Fangio does with all the talent he has now.

I think they will blitz less.....they will rely more on the front 4 rushers.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think they will blitz less.....they will rely more on the front 4 rushers.

Yep, having an elite rusher like Mack probably has its biggest impact on a blitz-shy DC like Fangio. The lack of blitzing can be a problem when you're struggling to get pressure from your front. Mack should help that a lot.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sunday can't get here soon enough. Can't wait to have something to discuss besides speculation. The table has been set. It's time to execute, from the coaching to the players on the field. Enough talk. It's been an exciting/entertaining offseason now it's time for the Bears to show us who they are.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I want the Bears to win the coin toss and defer the the second half. That would be a great way to start the game off. I typically prefer that for most games but this one in particular stands out. Follow that with either a turnover or a 3 and out and I couldn't think of a better way to start the game/season.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
All I know is that we need to experiment with Khalil in on goal line situations. All we hear about him is how strong he is. Then have him out there on goal line situation and have him push that line back.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
You haven't disproved anything, they still outgained their opponents without Hundley's carries and the carries against them also include inflated QB carries, so this holds no water at all. Again, your entire premise for this thread (the Packers will have hugely regressed and will have a bad running game and defense) is not remotely based on any evidence, and your assumption that the Bears offense will all of a sudden run this offense like a well oiled machine is just laughable.

Yeah the Bears have an outside chance if they get some big plays on defense and Rodgers comes out cold in week one, but they're the second heaviest underdogs in the league for good reason. Stop being a homer and get real.

I just hear a lot of Packers dick sucking here. The Packers are the golden team and I can't wait for the Bears to kick their ass!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It looked raw with Mitch. Chase was scoring

I can't believe that people put stock in the other games. They gameplanned one game, and that was when our backups looked great against KC's starters. Why anyone would use our preseason for anything is beyond me.

The Bears have had their starters focused on GB for weeks, and we're going in healthy. I don't remember the last time we played the Pack completely healthy. We've always limped into this rivalry for the past few years. I think the Bears are primed to show everyone this Sunday night what's up, and I for one, would not be surprised if the Bears blew them out.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I have no clue what Nagy and Helfrich are cooking up but I absolutely cannot wait to see it.... I have no doubt they have something ready to go for whatever packages pettine may throw at them.

Last year the Chiefs offense was red hot to start the season. I specifically remember the shovel pass play to Kelce that was successful at least 3 times against new england during Week 1. Anyone else remember this??? It was free yards every single time they ran it.

https://deadspin.com/the-shovel-pass-to-travis-kelce-is-a-cheat-code-1818505910

I fully expect some sort of shit like this.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think this board as a whole needs to work on reading what's actually written. Not interjecting nonsense to try to bolster an argument. I never said he will unleash super secret elite play. And as to the points Mick took me to task on, idk, would you mind, with great specificity, informing me of which exact points those are?

Bottom line is, I predicted a bears win and gave reasons why they will win. I didn't include negative analysis because it would be irrelevant to the point (which is why the bears win). Predicting a win doesn't make me a homer. Nor does me predicting the browns beating the Steelers make me a browns homer.

You did predict a Bears win, cool. You gave reasons why which were at times fact-based and at other times faith-based. But the most puzzling part was when you broke the Trubisky stats up from last year into mysterious "game chunks" and prospected from those "nuggets" some stats that were borderline elite from his overall stats which were not elite at all.

This *implies* that Trubisky has hidden elite stats that appear when looked at "just so" and also *implies* that you believe these stats will appear this year no matter how the "game chunks" are divvied up.

My take is that I don't think that is true and I wish some on this board would realize all statements posted by you (or anyone else) are fair game to be read directly as what is written and/or inferences made based on direct quotes you made that were directly bolded.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
yeah...I hope Mitch looks like Smith did last year running KC offense, but I'm worried. I have yet to see Mitch perform well this preseason. I know it's preseason, but the starting offense hasn't shown me anything to make me feel at ease. Having said that, I still bet my wife that the Bears win. I've been drinking the kool aid

You MARRIED an non-Bears Fan (gulp), please don't tell me she is a Packers fan... :)

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Why will we win? Ball security, clock management, no dumb penalties...

Plus this will start the beginning of the end of the Rodgers era. Broken collar bone PLEASE!!!!!!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You MARRIED an non-Bears Fan (gulp), please don't tell me she is a Packers fan... :)

lol...nah...She's a Patriots fan. She grew up a Pats fan. She's not a bandwagon/Brady fan.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
You did predict a Bears win, cool. You gave reasons why which were at times fact-based and at other times faith-based. But the most puzzling part was when you broke the Trubisky stats up from last year into mysterious "game chunks" and prospected from those "nuggets" some stats that were borderline elite from his overall stats which were not elite at all.

This *implies* that Trubisky has hidden elite stats that appear when looked at "just so" and also *implies* that you believe these stats will appear this year no matter how the "game chunks" are divvied up.

My take is that I don't think that is true and I wish some on this board would realize all statements posted by you (or anyone else) are fair game to be read directly as what is written and/or inferences made based on direct quotes you made that were directly bolded.

The problem is I'm not sure what stats you are referring to as being elite. Is it 65% completion rate? Jay Cutler did that once (almost twice). And yet at no point would I call him elite. Is it an 81 QB rating? I'd say, at best, it's average. If this was 1995, sure, id get your point.

So, the real issue here is you're making a claim without telling me what you're basing it off of. As of now, I'm supposed to accept that there is faith based analysis because I said Mitch got better and better (and we could do it with each 4 game chunk) as the season progressed. If that wasn't true, why would he have so many more pass attempts as we continued forward? Why did his stats get better?

But as to the elite issue, I will gladly say that my personal belief is he does own elite potential. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been drafted second overall. Here is a nice breakdown of some plays that make him, in my mind, capable of being a special player (created by a non bears fan): [Twitter=https://twitter.com/brickwallblitz/status/986501192271499264?s=21] https://twitter.com/brickwallblitz/status/986501192271499264?s=21[/Twitter]

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Florio’s take:

The presence of Khalil Mack makes this one more interesting. But not so interesting that the Bears can actually win it.

Florio’s pick: Packers 34, Bears 21.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just hear a lot of Packers dick sucking here. The Packers are the golden team and I can't wait for the Bears to kick their ass!

Why you always talking bout wieners?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The problem is I'm not sure what stats you are referring to as being elite. Is it 65% completion rate? Jay Cutler did that once (almost twice). And yet at no point would I call him elite. Is it an 81 QB rating? I'd say, at best, it's average. If this was 1995, sure, id get your point.

I was referring to the fact that you said he put up average stats (in some kind of game chunk unknown to me) while dealing with below average talent around him. I inferred that means he was playing elite during that stretch in the fact that he elevated play of those around him. If that's not what you meant, ok fine. But you have to admit it seemed that you were implying if he had better WRs his stats would go from "average" to above or better.

As of now, I'm supposed to accept that there is faith based analysis because I said Mitch got better and better (and we could do it with each 4 game chunk) as the season progressed. If that wasn't true, why would he have so many more pass attempts as we continued forward? Why did his stats get better?

But he didn't get better and better.

The only good game he had in all 3 categories together (%, yards and TDs) was Cincinatti period. (and he benefited from the fact that the Bengals defense had no desire to play that day having just lost the playoffs the week before). But hey, oh well, he played good and did what he had to.

Outside of Cincy though, he struggled mightily to even reach 60% (the 80% against SF is an outlier when he refused and/or was coached to not throw downfield and don't worry about any TDs or anything in that "barn burner" of a loss to the SF kicker). That's because when he WAS asked to put the game on his shoulders in DET he threw 3 costly INTs and showed he isn't ready yet for that. In his last game as he "got better", he threw 55% and 181 total whopping yards with 0 TDs rushing or throwing.

Overall, game-by-game, he did not show growth and was massively unproductive both in yards and scoring. If he did burst out in yards here or there, it did not come with TDs and was not consistent in professional-quality completion percentage.

This stayed true all year despite a blip of good stats here and there in completion %(SF and CIN ) or yards (GB and DET) and the only good TD game he ever had yet was CIN.

But as to the elite issue, I will gladly say that my personal belief is he does own elite potential. If he didn't, he wouldn't have been drafted second overall. Here is a nice breakdown of some plays that make him, in my mind, capable of being a special player

Awesome, and if you believe he will show that potential this year, hats off and salut. Your evidence does not directly lead us there because I can also produce the same type of elite-esque plays and scouting reports from Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf etc.

I know, I know: also Peyton Manning, Rodgers, Roethislberger etc.

The point still being that reasoning is based on faith not credible evidence as far as I can see. There is nothing WRONG with that either imo. Just pointing out it's the way it is.

Last edited:

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what Bears fans say about the Packers every year: Oline banged up, can't run the ball, defense sucks, etc. And with few exceptions they have owned the Bears since the Favre era. People are in here saying non-Bears fans undervalue Mack - while they are totally undervaluing Graham.

Vegas has the Bears as 7.5 dogs after the Mack signing. That's a big spread in an NFL game. But what does Vegas know, they haven't been paying attention this offseason like we have.

I'd be happier than anyone if the Bears won. Shit I'd be happy if they beat the spread. But the blatant homerism on this board is insane. And what's funny is the people calling the Bears a lock Sunday night are gonna be the ones screaming "fire Pace" and "Trubisky sucks" on Monday.

Spread moved 1.5 points after Mack signing. In some cases it's down to 6 (a 3 points move). SO, thinks ARE changing.