Why the hell are you a bears fan?

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Living in the Uk , I was 10 years old . I was given ESPN nfl 2k5 as a gift from my brother . Chose the best colours/ name and set as my favourite team. 15 years later , never looked back . Haven’t missed a game since I was 11.
Love this. I do the same exact thing with FIFA. Hull City! Lol

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
When I was in 6th grade, in class watching “Free to be you and me”, dosing off like you always did during projector time. And boom - Rosey Grier shows up singing “It’s alright to cry”.

I looked at the Korean girl with braces next to me, farted in her direction, and exclaimed “I am now a Bear fan!”

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Grew up in the burbs and my Dad watched them. I'm sure if I grew up in New York and my Dad watched the Giant's I'd be a Giants fan. Not really rocket science.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Not sure if the question is from someone who is questioning their own fandom, or just putting out some click bait, any here goes: George Halas, NFL pedigree, winningest team in NFL history, T-formation, 73-0 championship win, Bronco Nagursky, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, Sid Luckman, Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, Mike Ditka, the '85 Bears, Wrigley Field, Soldiers Field, best football uniforms ever, Chicago. Pardon the run-on sentence...

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Honestly it was the vibe, rather than the excellence, of the 80s team. As a 9 year old when they won I just thought they were cool as fuck. The fridge, the shades, Jimmy Mac.
This exactly why i became a fan. I wasnt much of a football fan but my brother was and one day the bears were on and JImmy Mac was on tv with the shades, the headband and the absolutely awesome black helmet (thought they were black i was 10) and i was hooked. Turned out they were great team on their way to a Superbowl which made the experience all the more awesome.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I feel bad for bears fans that aren't from the area

I mean, I didn't have a choice. but those sorry fucks, dayuuum. has to burn
Im from CT. My bucket list includes catching a game at Soldier Field. Living out here im surounded by Patriot, Giants, Cowboys and the occassional Jet fan. I have run into more Bear fans since the 06` run than i did in the previous 20 years.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the end of the first half and bit of the beginning of the second half. They definitely look like they can get better. I saw a very inconsistent pass rush, an underwhelming wide-receiving corps, an offensive line that couldn't move Grambling off the ball when they were trying to run early in the second half.
I'm actually surprised they are playing as well as they are because these are still the same players from last season pretty much. I think they will improve and I look forward to Deion's recruit class.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Haha Jack Concannon, another in a long line of mediocre/bad Bears QBs. Best remembered for a small part in the movie M*A*S*H and beating the rap for possession of a kilo of coke.

He got off easy from the charges. Cokecannon:ROFLMAO:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Growing up the early game (most of the time) was the Bears or the Bengals. So, I chose one and it was the Bears. Also, as part of that, there was a kid in my neighborhood who I went to school with and his dad played on the Bears for a bit (before he died in an accident) so I had that influence, too. Turned out to be a curse.