why wilson likes Chicago

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hope this is a troll post.

Ideally Wilson would elevate the play of everyone around him. But as far as Montgomery being used often, and used properly to the point where he'd become a pro bowler. There is one major road block to consider...

Kzzzng5.png

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is adorable how Bearsh fans think that the player with the 5th most yards from scrimmage in the NFL (David Montgomery) wasn't used enough.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So if the Bears end up trading for Wilson, who would have thought during the season that two of the reasons why Wilson would want to be a Bear were Nagy and the offensive line?

Truly sounds like Wilson knows very little about the Bears.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
It is adorable how Bearsh fans think that the player with the 5th most yards from scrimmage in the NFL (David Montgomery) wasn't used enough.
Imo I'd rather have Wilson. This is a win now roster with limited time to develop Watson into the scheme. Wilson is a matured offense talent that could come in and more or less be the offense coordinator on the field so to speak.

I speculate Wilson sees incredible talent on the offensive side of the ball that hasnt been utilized. Tag ARob to start.

A. Rob
Mooney
Ridley
Graham
KMET
Cohen
Patterson
Montgomery

Mooney =Lockett

Just makes cents. Losing any D. Player would be worth the trade.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Imo I'd rather have Wilson. This is a win now roster with limited time to develop Watson into the scheme. Wilson is a matured offense talent that could come in and more or less be the offense coordinator on the field so to speak.

I speculate Wilson sees incredible talent on the offensive side of the ball that hasnt been utilized. Tag ARob to start.

A. Rob
Mooney
Ridley
Graham
KMET
Cohen
Patterson
Montgomery

Mooney =Lockett

Just makes cents. Losing any D. Player would be worth the trade.

LMAO thinking Nagy puts Ridley on the field. He'd rather lose his balls to ball cancer.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Wentz
Watson
Wilson

Clearly Pace loves him some QB's who's last name starts with a W

Smokescreen for the inevitable PJ Walker or John Wolford trade for next years #1 vs giving away anything this year

# genius

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Or maybe Zach Wilson.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I do think Bears fans underestimate the rest of the country's perception of Matt Nagy.

We see a guy leading an offense that can't find its ass with both hands. They see an Andy Reid protégé who's made the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons with Mitch friggin' Trubisky as his quarterback. Here in Kansas City, they talk pretty glowingly of Nagy, saying that he's working miracles by even getting the Bears near the playoffs.

I'm not saying that perception is correct. I think Nagy is going to need to learn to adapt or die. But we just kind of assume everyone thinks Nagy's a boob, when in reality, I think he's got a lot of respect around the league.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not saying that perception is correct. I think Nagy is going to need to learn to adapt or die. But we just kind of assume everyone thinks Nagy's a boob, when in reality, I think he's got a lot of respect around the league.

Regardless of why Russell Wilson would want to come here, he'd never say, "I like the city and shit, even though the Oline and Nagy both suck ass."

He's going to blow smoke no matter what. Anyone pretending like the diplomatic things Wilson said about the oline and Nagy actually mean anything is funny.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Regardless of why Russell Wilson would want to come here, he'd never say, "I like the city and shit, even though the Oline and Nagy both suck ass."

He's going to blow smoke no matter what. Anyone pretending like the diplomatic things Wilson said about the oline and Nagy actually mean anything is funny.
lol what? he has his selection of where can go. are you saying he picked names out of a hat for where he would accept a trade to? he intentionally put the Bears on that list i’m sorry you hate Nagy so much you can’t see it.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol what? he has his selection of where can go. are you saying he picked names out of a hat for where he would accept a trade to? he intentionally put the Bears on that list i’m sorry you hate Nagy so much you can’t see it.

I'm saying it has more to do with the city, the market, the fact that we've never had a good QB, than that he would be coming here for Nagy.

He's not coming here because of Nagy. You don't actually believe that do you? He runs a bad offense that sucks. It will be better with Russell Wilson. But that will be despite Nagy, not because of him.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'm saying it has more to do with the city, the market, the fact that we've never had a good QB, than that he would be coming here for Nagy.

He's not coming here because of Nagy. You don't actually believe that do you? He runs a bad offense that sucks. It will be better with Russell Wilson. But that will be despite Nagy, not because of him.
I think the point many in this thread have made is: one reason Wilson may want to come to Chi is Nagy gave up calling plays this year, because his offense was ineffectual every year Nagy's been here, and the 2020 OC's play-calling was a marked success, scoring 30+ pts a game (besides the last two games). Meaning, Wilson may feel he will have more control of the offense, and Nagy will not be calling the plays.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

why would i not believe it? there’s no reason for me not to believe it. who the hell am i, you, or anybody else on this forum to think i know more about how the league views nagy and his scheme more than a top 5 NFL quarter back.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
And he has a wicked sense of humor. To boot.
Right, I saw this in the twitter comments:

“Emerging offensive line” lmao they finished 20th ranked in pff. One of the guys is a Seattle draft bust in ifedi. Seattle’s line was 14th. "

Based on the noted PFF, we don't see why Wilson would think the Bear's OL is better than the Seahawks.

I'm not sure how PFF ranks an OL... is it how good they are by the last game of the year? Or is it purely the stats of the entire year? The OL undoubtably improved the last 6 games (playoff included) from the prior games. How the Bear's OL would rank after Nagy turned over the playcalling to the OC, I don't know.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
why would i not believe it? there’s no reason for me not to believe it. who the hell am i, you, or anybody else on this forum to think i know more about how the league views nagy and his scheme more than a top 5 NFL quarter back.

The last 2 years of Nagy's offense are a good place to start on why to not believe it.

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Its because we have the best Italian beef and giardineira

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the point many in this thread have made is: one reason Wilson may want to come to Chi is Nagy gave up calling plays this year, because his offense was ineffectual every year Nagy's been here, and the 2020 OC's play-calling was a marked success, scoring 30+ pts a game (besides the last two games). Meaning, Wilson may feel he will have more control of the offense, and Nagy will not be calling the plays.

Just the fact that we have an offensive-minded head coach could be appealing. It's just unfortunate that we don't have a good one.

Do we know that Nagy will not be calling plays in 2021? I thought there was some evidence that he took playcalling back towards the end of the season. You know, the ole Nagy "this seems to be working, time to stop doing it" special.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Just the fact that we have an offensive-minded head coach could be appealing. It's just unfortunate that we don't have a good one.

Do we know that Nagy will not be calling plays in 2021? I thought there was some evidence that he took playcalling back towards the end of the season. You know, the ole Nagy "this seems to be working, time to stop doing it" special.
There was plenty of evidence Nagy took some playcalling away from Lazor at the end of the season. If Pace somehow gets Wilson, I’m sitting him down 1 on 1 and asking who he would want at HC/OC.