Will Fields start the season?

Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
You realize this means committing to Pace/Nagy past this season too, right?
Nagys record is 28-20 with two playoff appearances with absolute trash that he did not draft at QB for 3 years. Lets see what he can do with talent at the position. I personally think JF will be starting halfway through the season and if the team struggles anyway they are gone.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
This off season will not give JF the typical time to pick up the NFL scheme. Likewise, it will be difficult for Nagy to identify the type of plays best suited to JF and then incorporate them in the short off season, and short preseason.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fans are going to be calling for him from game 1 if Andy starts
No, and I hope he doesn’t see the field as a starter this year. Give him at least one season of learning and development. And between now and the point he does start, commit 1000% to building up the O-Line. NGL, I would rather see the Bears field a Mel Tucker-ish Defense, while having a top flight OLine with Fields under center his first season starting, then an o-line like we have now, with a top 5 D.

im just getting tired of watching the Bears ruin QBs. Fields can make all the throws, so I don’t want to see his potential snuffed, because his brains got beaten in.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dalton or Foles could teach him a lot as his veteran backup qb/mentor

It will be far more damaging to waste 8 months of meaningful development time . Let the kid get out there and compete and then assess whether he should be opening day starter.

To do anything else besides that is setting them all up for failure
I disagree. The long term future for the Bears being successful, is riding on Fields being that franchise QB. Do you trust the current offensive line, to protect that future?

No, Fields needs to be given time to develop, while Journeymen QB’s take the guaranteed beating that opposing Defenses will dish out, until the Bears get the OLine sorted.

Step 1 Draft Fields-check
Step 2 Develop Fields
Step 3 Start Fields when he can enjoy good protection
Step 4 Give Fields weapons at the skill positions.

The Bears are on Step 1, I pray to God that they are patient, and committed enough to get to Step 3 at least, before they start him.

With the Former 1st round QB now on another team, the Bears are clearly in a rebuild. If they screw up Fields, it will be another Decade AT MINIMUM, of basement dwelling for the Team.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
No, and I hope he doesn’t see the field as a starter this year. Give him at least one season of learning and development. And between now and the point he does start, commit 1000% to building up the O-Line. NGL, I would rather see the Bears field a Mel Tucker-ish Defense, while having a top flight OLine with Fields under center his first season starting, then an o-line like we have now, with a top 5 D.

im just getting tired of watching the Bears ruin QBs. Fields can make all the throws, so I don’t want to see his potential snuffed, because his brains got beaten in.

So the only way someone learns and development is by sitting on the sideline watching team with no first rd pick win 3 or 4 games.

His abilities should decide whether he plays not yours or the fanbases fears

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I disagree. The long term future for the Bears being successful, is riding on Fields being that franchise QB. Do you trust the current offensive line, to protect that future?

No, Fields needs to be given time to develop, while Journeymen QB’s take the guaranteed beating that opposing Defenses will dish out, until the Bears get the OLine sorted.

Step 1 Draft Fields-check
Step 2 Develop Fields
Step 3 Start Fields when he can enjoy good protection
Step 4 Give Fields weapons at the skill positions.

The Bears are on Step 1, I pray to God that they are patient, and committed enough to get to Step 3 at least, before they start him.

With the Former 1st round QB now on another team, the Bears are clearly in a rebuild. If they screw up Fields, it will be another Decade AT MINIMUM, of basement dwelling for the Team.

So now we wait on the magical Oline fairies ?

Absolutely hilarious lets wait until weve accumulated the perfects team to unleash him .

If hes ready to play hes plays and if you guys need counseling go get counseling but stop hanging all your fears around the rooks neck before he even take the field .

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So the only way someone learns and development is by sitting on the sideline watching team with no first rd pick win 3 or 4 games.

His abilities should decide whether he plays not yours or the fanbases fears
Mahomes was clearly better than Smith in practice. My wife is a die hard Chiefs fan, and as such, I followed him even during his rookie season when he didn’t play.

Yet Reid still started Smith, opting to further develop Mahomes. It was not like a situation with Rodgers and Favre, where Rodgers was waiting behind a HOF QB. Smith was/is a game managing Journeyman at best.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So now we wait on the magical Oline fairies ?

Absolutely hilarious lets wait until weve accumulated the perfects team to unleash him .

If hes ready to play hes plays and if you guys need counseling go get counseling but stop hanging all your fears around the rooks neck before he even take the field .
Protecting the investment, is not the same as having “the perfect team”

Remember this?

The Bears Current O-Line is no better than that one. You really want to see Fields start, and receive similar beatings? You think it will help him become a better QB? Or would it more likely ruin him?

Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Mahomes was clearly better than Smith in practice. My wife is a die hard Chiefs fan, and as such, I followed him even during his rookie season when he didn’t play.

Yet Reid still started Smith, opting to further develop Mahomes. It was not like a situation with Rodgers and Favre, where Rodgers was waiting behind a HOF QB. Smith was/is a game managing Journeyman at best.

What are you talking about ?

Smith was on his 4th year in KC when they drafted Mahomes in the previous 4 years he had made 2 pro bowls and the team was coming off back to back 11-5 and 12 -4 seasons . They didnt have to start Mahomes because there was no need to they had a veteran qb that played at a high level and was coming off back to back great seasons

Alex Smith then went on in his 5th and last year in KC to have his best year yet.

As I said what about the Bears and the Chiefs situations are similar ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Protecting the investment, is not the same as having “the perfect team”

Remember this?

The Bears Current O-Line is no better than that one. You really want to see Fields start, and revive similar beatings? You think it will help him become a better QB? Or would it more likely ruin him?

you are not protecting him you are protecting yourself

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are you talking about ?

Smith was on his 4th year in KC when they drafted Mahomes in the previous 4 years he had made 2 pro bowls and the team was coming off back to back 11-5 and 12 -4 seasons . They didnt have to start Mahomes because there was no need to they had a veteran qb that played at a high level and was coming off back to back great seasons

Alex Smith then went on in his 5th and last year in KC to have his best year yet.

As I said what about the Bears and the Chiefs situations are similar ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Smith wasn’t playing at a “high level”, he was dinking and dunking, with insane speed at the skill positions. The season Smith was coming off of, when Mahomes was drafted, Smith had 15 tds and 8 ints in 15 starts. OMG what a high level! I can only imagine the lucky SOB that started Smith in FF... CHAMPIONSHIP!

Seriously though,

When Smith was starting at KC, if you took a shot every time he threw the ball 20+ yards down field, you would be more sober than a Mormon on Sunday.

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you are not protecting him you are protecting yourself
How is Building up the OLine before Fields starts, protecting me? I’m not the one that will have CTE by my 25th birthday playing behind the Bears’ current OLine, Fields is.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Smith wasn’t playing at a “high level”, he was dinking and dunking, with insane speed at the skill positions. The season Smith was coming off of, when Mahomes was drafted, Smith had 15 tds and 8 ints in 15 starts. OMG what a high level! I can only imagine the lucky SOB that started Smith in FF... CHAMPIONSHIP!

Seriously though,

When Smith was starting at KC, if you took a shot every time he threw the ball 20+ yards down field, you would be more sober than a Mormon on Sunday.

He was dinking and dunking and making the pro bowl

What does this have to do with fantasy ? Are you saying Reid didn't start Mahomes because of fantasy ? '

It doesn't matter how Smith looked the fact is the Chiefs were playoff team with a veteran qb who played well enough for them to make several pro bowls and so they had everything in place to wait .

They had built good will with fans
a winning track record
and a good team already

Pace and Nagy doesn't have any of that

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
How is Building up the OLine before Fields starts, protecting me? I’m not the one that will have CTE by my 25th birthday playing behind the Bears’ current OLine, Fields is.

because the Oline may never get built up . The Oline could be good this year for all you know but you've already tossed Fields and the season aside .