Wilson OUT - Trey Lance - IN

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Didn't see that coming. I thought out of all the Qbs in this draft, if one were to fall, it would be Lance. He's started a limited amount of games at NDSU and didn't play last year.
Normally I’d just ignore a take like that but Allbright has legit sources

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I'm being honest about this year's draft and quarterbacks, I see it as the same type of class as when Carson Palmer was drafted.

Carson Palmer was drafted number one overall and went on to be a slightly better than above average quarterback.

Everyone else in that draft who was a quarterback failed (including Rex grossman, over some damn reason is still lionized by insane idiots).

I feel like this year's quarterback class is similar to that one. For all the hype for Trevor Lawrence, I think he will do just okay in the league. And I think every other quarterback prospect is going to fall flat on their face.

i could easily see this being the case.

46plank

Liked Posts:
If you value Louis Riddick’s opinion at all, he says Lance will be gone by 10. He loves the guy

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If you value Louis Riddick’s opinion at all, he says Lance will be gone by 10. He loves the guy
That’s ok. We will have Deshaun Wilson by then. Sorry, I meant Russell Watson.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I heard this same thing about Mahomes in 2017
Who sat a year. While I don't know what Lance will require, sitting a year may be one of them. I don't see Mahomes as a means to the argument.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I'm being honest about this year's draft and quarterbacks, I see it as the same type of class as when Carson Palmer was drafted.

Carson Palmer was drafted number one overall and went on to be a slightly better than above average quarterback.

Everyone else in that draft who was a quarterback failed (including Rex grossman, over some damn reason is still lionized by insane idiots).

I feel like this year's quarterback class is similar to that one. For all the hype for Trevor Lawrence, I think he will do just okay in the league. And I think every other quarterback prospect is going to fall flat on their face.
Lawrence also doesn't impress me to his current status but it's difficult to know who will or wont succeed. Probably 2 or 3 franchise guys in the top 5 but no one KNOWS which they will be,

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you want pace to get Wentz?

tenor.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wentz also had one of the best Pro Days on record. You don't draft guys for how they play in underwear but you do consider everything.

The big rap on Trey was his deep accuracy and he did nothing to dispel that on his pro day. He had one beauty but most were way off and others that were caught would be easily defended in their placement. Really strong arm, very good mechanics etc. and one day doesn't tell you that much but if the job was to remove that deep accuracy concern, he didn't. I'd do summersaults if he fell to 20 but as far as pro day s go, he looked awesome in the process of making meh throws. Great mechanics and velocity and looks to throw a heavy ball which is great in bad weather.

Last edited:

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who sat a year. While I don't know what Lance will require, sitting a year may be one of them. I don't see Mahomes as a means to the argument.

I’m not hearing this same thing about only one year starter Zach Wilson. I wonder why? And based on this analysis Lance is more polished.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m not hearing this same thing about only one year starter Zach Wilson. I wonder why? And based on this analysis Lance is more polished.

So? They're all different and doesn't make the Mahomes comment any better. Wilson has thrown twice as many balls (less 10 throws) in college as Lance so no. I also take Wilson before Lance but that doesn't mean any of us are right about anything until they actually play in the NFL. I happen to really like Wilson, more than Lawrence.

The Lance, Fields, Jones draft sequence will be interesting. I'd guess they go in that order but who knows?

Last edited:

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
So? They're all different and doesn't make the Mahomes comment any better. Wilson has thrown twice as many balls (less 10 throws) in college as Lance so no. I also take Wilson before Lance but that doesn't mean any of us are right about anything until they actually play in the NFL. I happen to really like Wilson, more than Lawrence.

The Lance, Fields, Jones draft sequence will be interesting. I'd guess they go in that order but who knows?

Reminds me of 2017 bad evaluations all over again.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Start here
>>>> #51

Did you want pace to get Wentz?

Lets keep it in context, b4 u use the question to say I never wanted him.
Here's where all this started about Wentz, Lance etc
? The key posts>>>>>> #45 #46 #47 #48

?Here's where it was left >>>#58

So whether I wanted Wentz or not......the point was....... use the same barometer and parameters that you'd use for someone else from the same school. The numbered posts above show this.