Wilson OUT - Trey Lance - IN

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
At the risk of stereotyping a southern school, if Trubs was markedly better than Williams, Trubs wouda' started at UNC.

Fix it for ya. (FiFY). Not sure how ya got your quote under my name. From post >>> #80
Anyway, not sure of the tie-in. :unsure:

But sure if Mitch were better he'd have been starting at UNC. Had he "balled out", won his only bowl game, voted MVP.
I don't think the one yr. starting would've mattered as much.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lance is an interesting eval. Great arm talent, great athlete who clearly belongs in the top 10.

On tape, inconsistency in his mechanics led to accuracy issues at times. He's solid in his drop and positions well to the throw side, but he's up and down in his stance. That's a fixable issue.

I don't think he's a one read and bail QB. I saw him go through progressions. He can really drive the ball. He needs to work on anticipation but it showed up at times.

The limited number of starts and level of competition leave some question marks, but there are teams that are going to love the talent and overlook that. I'm not surprised to see the comparisons with Josh Allen.

I think it would be interesting to see what Lance could have done with better offensive concepts in the passing game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fix it for ya. (FiFY). Not sure how ya got your quote under my name. From post >>> #80

But sure if Mitch were better he'd have been starting at UNC. Had he "balled out", won his only bowl game, voted MVP.

It's an unedited quote from a previous discussions.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

It's an unedited quote from a previous discussions.

Right but I didn't say it....thats why I fify. When u click it >>> #81 , it goes back to post >>>#80

Last edited:

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Lance is an interesting eval. Great arm talent, great athlete who clearly belongs in the top 10.

On tape, inconsistency in his mechanics led to accuracy issues at times. He's solid in his drop and positions well to the throw side, but he's up and down in his stance. That's a fixable issue.

I don't think he's a one read and bail QB. I saw him go through progressions. He can really drive the ball. He needs to work on anticipation but it showed up at times.

The limited number of starts and level of competition leave some question marks, but there are teams that are going to love the talent and overlook that. I'm not surprised to see the comparisons with Josh Allen.

I think it would be interesting to see what Lance could have done with better offensive concepts in the passing game.

They are saying he reminds many of Josh Allen. Thats a big ask but certainly possible.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trey Lance is almost perfect for the modern NFL. A dynamic athlete who can create on his own and has an arm, even if he’s got some accuracy issues.

Sure, he could bust. Anyone could bust. But he’s actually one where I’d be surprised if he doesn’t meld well with today’s NFL.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

You absolutely said it.

Doug Williams comment about QBs and race

Funny thing is that I didn't know this for certain when I posted the question. I just assumed and Boom, there it was in my 1st search.

Ok....that was 2yrs ago. I said it in context to what Outlaw Josey Cutler said

Outlaw Josey Cutler said:

You CAn find some coaches blindly holding on to a lower talent QB (UNC coach held onto starting Marquise Williams too long over Mitch Trubisky in the view of many UNC sportswriters),
run and shoot,
At the risk of stereotyping a southern school, if Trubs was markedly better than Williams, Trubs wouda' started at UNC.

So again....how is all this tying into the discussion today?

>>> #71 and >>>> #80

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you think Fields is markedly better than Ehlinger since he couldn't beat him out for the starting position?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How does all this tie into >>>> #51 ?

And what does Fields & Ehlinger have to do with anything? I don't know where this is coming from.
Is this something else I responded to a couple yrs ago?
Sounds like someone's using their Red Herring U Masters degree ?

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching JT O’Sullivan’s breakdown, Lance has some major field vision issues.

AlarmingFakeJackal-size_restricted.gif

It brought back some nightmares...

EntireEsteemedFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Trey Lance is almost perfect for the modern NFL. A dynamic athlete who can create on his own and has an arm, even if he’s got some accuracy issues.

Sure, he could bust. Anyone could bust. But he’s actually one where I’d be surprised if he doesn’t meld well with today’s NFL.

13 games
2 years ago
Vs d2 schools
An athlete with questionable decision making and accuracy issues
A genius, bald headed coach who wears a visor

Whatever could go wrong?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
13 games
2 years ago
Vs d2 schools
A genius, bald headed coach who wears a visor

Whatever could go wrong?

I see nothing that screams decision making and accuracy issues in his #'s. BTW he's a Qb. Not some "athlete"

Yeah he threw one int against 2Tds this yr. in his only game. Yeah he was rusty but he got the win
1615838507686.png

Bowl games
  • 2020 NCAA Division I Football Championship Game (MVP)

1615839149511.png