With no momentum for the playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I didn't know about Thomas and Ivory but I still think the Saints will win.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
I'm not changing my pick but I will adjust the points I think.

kybearsfan1

Liked Posts:
They lost momentum? They played their starters in a meanless game
against a rival that before the season started was a trendy pick to go the
Super Bowl. Playing on the road, they lost 10-3.
I can see if they got destroyed by 3 tds, but come on..don't lose faith in
the team now.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the team now.

Facts aren't allowed with IronMike. :)

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Momentum or not. Da Bears seem to thrive off naysayers everytime. Keep up the 'good' work Mr. Dilfer :) :dilfer:

IronMike

Liked Posts:
the team now.

They would have lost momentum had they not played the Packers, that was my contention. I don't know what this thread is all about. Overall I was happy with the Packers game. I think if Lovie hadn't called that timeout the outcome may very well have been different. The offense knows what they need to work on and the defense played exceedingly well after getting trounced by the Jets. Of course, I would hope that in the playoffs everyone shows up as they did against the Eagles but if there's going to be any inconsistency I'd rather it be the offense than the defense. The Bears D and special teams can score.

Last edited:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree it was a good game. Wouldve perfered the win, but cant argue considering how good our D played. I agree with others that it did seem like our O was being 'soft' for the most part. And it makes me wonder if Martz was play calling the way he did to evaluate possible plays in the playoffs. If they toss in a few unexpected plays, it could give us a serious edge. If they can demoralize the opponents D, it can mean the win. Football is physical, but the psychological aspect gets the nod imo.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
What are you looking most forward to in the 2011 season?

Where in world would you get the idea that the Bears don't have any momentum. Its clear to me you have never played football and any kind of level other then backyard. The Bears have more then they need of momentum going into the play off.

If you think just because the Bears lost 3-10 to the Packers that they don;t have the moumentum they you don't know football. If the Bears had when out there in the 2d half and tried to win and then lost it still wouldn't kill their momentum because there the NFLN Champions and the #2 seed you don't need much more momentum then that.

Oh and for the record monmentum is nice but it not what drives NFL players, its only a small part of the game and is far more important in the game then any other time.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
It is impressive that they played the Packers as well as they did when the Bears had nothing to gain in the standings.

Bear4Life

Liked Posts:
Defense

"ENTER ME"

The Bears Defense will be the key. If they dont show up we dont win they have to play lights out like they did against GreenBay. The offense is another story the only thing we can count on there is Cutler will throw at least one pick and be sacked at least once. I hope they take this week to figure something out on the O and be more balanced because that is when we win.

Bear4Life

Liked Posts:
I agree as well but I'm not totally sold on our offense. If we would of received some calls from the officials against the Packers the game would of been different to because they were holding our receivers like crazy. I think they need to play Hester more on Special teams like Kickoff Return and rest him on a series on offense.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think "momentum" really carries over from week to week and even less so through a bye week. "Confidence" and "sharpness" definitely carry over from week to week, though. Playing their starters against Green Bay will hopefully keep them sharper than not playing them for 2 weeks would, and I don't think they lost any confidence, losing 10-3 against the Packers. If anything I think that game gave the Bears the confidence that they can beat any team in the NFC, if they play their best game and they probably feel like they would've won that game at Soldier Field, just as they did the first time they played Green Bay this year.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really, what elite teams are there in the NFC? Hmm, I see none. No reason they can't make a run to the SB.
According to Mr. Dilfer, The Packers lol :dilfer: Damn this is my favorite pic now lol

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
So, in your opinion, what were the Bears doing in the 2nd half of the Green Bay game? And if momentum doesn't really exist on a week-to-week basis, why did the Bears play their starters for the entire game?

First off what does playing there starters have to do with momentum nothing many coaches will start there starter in games like that because they don't want them to get rusty with 2 weeks off between games. And if read more you would find that the Bear made little or no changes to there play calling whickh means the Packers know a lot of the plays from the first game.

"Cutler explained that one reason the passing game struggled was because the Bears had not changed their hot reads from the first meeting with the Packers in September. They used the same adjustments as they did for that game, and the Packers were on to them this time"

Does this sound like a team that is out to win at al cost NO. They were playing hopes of winning but more to the point they didn' want to loss by a ton.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where in world would you get the idea that the Bears don't have any momentum. Its clear to me you have never played football and any kind of level other then backyard. The Bears have more then they need of momentum going into the play off.

If you think just because the Bears lost 3-10 to the Packers that they don;t have the moumentum they you don't know football. If the Bears had when out there in the 2d half and tried to win and then lost it still wouldn't kill their momentum because there the NFLN Champions and the #2 seed you don't need much more momentum then that.

Oh and for the record monmentum is nice but it not what drives NFL players, its only a small part of the game and is far more important in the game then any other time.

LOL at your stupid ass taking this thread seriously.

Nice work posting a three paragraph response to a thread aimed at shit heads on this site and putting yourself square in the cross-hairs.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
So, in your opinion, what were the Bears doing in the 2nd half of the Green Bay game? And if momentum doesn't really exist on a week-to-week basis, why did the Bears play their starters for the entire game?

First off if I had any idea why Lovie does what Lovie does I would know more about what Lovie does then Lovie does.

Status
Not open for further replies.