he was readily available

Boston+Celtics+v+Chicago+Bulls+Game+4+-5_49qv57vIl.jpg
:aj:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gar/Pax is the equivalent of a virgin girl not wanting to give it out until the perfect guy comes along. Gar/Pax are now becoming a spinster hoping to lasso a neighbor kid or an old man getting too close to her lawn:)

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you expected the Bulls to trade for a player that would take 'the huge shot' in the finals? :dunno:

Don't be a simpleton. I made the point that Gary fucking Neal or Kendrick Perkins isn't going to help this team hoist a trophy. They're going to play 10 minutes in the regular season and sit on the bench come playoff time. What's the point of signing a guy who was bought out or can't put up inflated stats on a crappy team? Is Kendrick Perkins going to make a better contribution than Nazr? How about Gary Neal, is he better than Aaron Brooks? We could use an upgrade at SF and another shooter. You know, since our braintrust front office traded two first rounders to draft McDermott and our Einstein coach won't give him minutes.

Again, it comes down to having an understanding on how the members of your franchise operate. Thibs doesn't like playing rookies. Shit, or second year players. So if your goal is to win a championship, knowing full well your franchise player hasn't done anything in two years, why add a rookie that your coach won't play? Why not package them to add a guy that he'll trust and make a real contribution? And why stand pat when the five guys you trust most for your starting rotation can't stay healthy enough to play together for an extended period?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Gar/Pax is the equivalent of a virgin girl not wanting to give it out until the perfect guy comes along. Gar/Pax are now becoming a spinster hoping to lasso a neighbor kid or an old man getting too close to her lawn:)

Lawn? What, are you still living in the 60's?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Don't be a simpleton. I made the point that Gary fucking Neal or Kendrick Perkins isn't going to help this team hoist a trophy. They're going to play 10 minutes in the regular season and sit on the bench come playoff time. What's the point of signing a guy who was bought out or can't put up inflated stats on a crappy team? Is Kendrick Perkins going to make a better contribution than Nazr? How about Gary Neal, is he better than Aaron Brooks? We could use an upgrade at SF and another shooter. You know, since our braintrust front office traded two first rounders to draft McDermott and our Einstein coach won't give him minutes.

Again, it comes down to having an understanding on how the members of your franchise operate. Thibs doesn't like playing rookies. Shit, or second year players. So if your goal is to win a championship, knowing full well your franchise player hasn't done anything in two years, why add a rookie that your coach won't play? Why not package them to add a guy that he'll trust and make a real contribution? And why stand pat when the five guys you trust most for your starting rotation can't stay healthy enough to play together for an extended period?

A simpleton? WTF is that? I'll tell you what it is, it's someone whining about GarPax cuz they're butt hurt their trade machine prediction didn't come through for them?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think JosMin is salty as fuck because Thibs doesn't play his boy McDermott.

That. You know, I guess it's common practice two give up two-first rounders in the teens to draft a guy that doesn't play, especially after you spent the entire offseason stroking his ego and talking about how hard of a worker he is, about how great all of his intangibles are and how he's "ready to contribute now, just like Mirotic".

And the fact this team has second round exit written all over it. Sorry, I've grown to be pessimistic with the guys that run the show for the Bulls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That would just mean the Bulls have shitty luck and it doesn't matter who they have, because someone will always be injured.

Bulls could have Marc Gasol-Bosh-LeBron-Harden-Curry and they'd never compete because someone would always be hurt.

yeah making a trade probably wouldn't change that

but "if healthy" shouldn't be used as an excuse for not making a move either

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A simpleton? WTF is that? I'll tell you what it is, it's someone whining about GarPax cuz they're butt hurt their trade machine prediction didn't come through for them?

You're wayyyyyy off base. But don't worry, I'm sure if the Bulls land our Lord and Saviour Gary Neal, we'll be sure to lock down LeBron James in a potential Eastern Conference Finals series.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
You're wayyyyyy off base. But don't worry, I'm sure if the Bulls land our Lord and Saviour Gary Neal, we'll be sure to lock down LeBron James in a potential Eastern Conference Finals series.

If you think Neal should have anything to do with "locking down" LJ, I suggest you're off base. Snell did a pretty good job on LJ the other night, and oh yeah, we have this guy named Jimmy something. :dunno:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah making a trade wouldn't change that

but "if healthy" shouldn't be used as a excuse for not making a move either
Okay? They didn't make a move? I don't know why its so shocking to you, or why you think they needed to shake it up. Adding a bench player wasn't going to change shit and was there really any starting material wings out there who could replace Dunleavy at SF? Based on rumors, no. Afflalo wasn't going to change the dynamics of this team to suddenly win a championship.

As I said yesterday, Only 2 of last 25 champions have made trades at deadline... And those two trades involved the Pistons getting a near All-Star Rasheed Wallace, and the Rockets getting a Fucking HOFer in Clyde Drexler... Based on rumors (again because that's all we know) players of that magnitude were not available this year. Wallace wanted out and Drexler requested a trade from Portland as they were terrible this year.

The Pistons got Wallace for fucking Zeljko Rebraca (who the fuck?) and Bob Sura.

The Rockets got Clyde for Otis Thorpe (decent player) and a 1st round draft pick, which the Blazers traded to the PIstons for two picks and got Shawn Respert (Bust) and Theo Ratliff (solid but always injured)

Anyways, moral of the story was those two trade CLEARLY benefited the teams that won the championships.

And in case you haven't noticed, there has been no disgruntled Superstar or All-Star player requesting a trade to Chicago this year.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Okay? They didn't make a move? I don't know why its so shocking to you, or why you think they needed to shake it up. Adding a bench player wasn't going to change shit and was there really any starting material wings out there who could replace Dunleavy at SF? Based on rumors, no. Afflalo wasn't going to change the dynamics of this team to suddenly win a championship.

As I said yesterday, Only 2 of last 25 champions have made trades at deadline... And those two trades involved the Pistons getting a near All-Star Rasheed Wallace, and the Rockets getting a Fucking HOFer in Clyde Drexler... Based on rumors (again because that's all we know) players of that magnitude were not available this year. Wallace wanted out and Drexler requested a trade from Portland as they were terrible this year.

The Pistons got Wallace for fucking Zeljko Rebraca (who the fuck?) and Bob Sura.

The Rockets got Clyde for Otis Thorpe (decent player) and a 1st round draft pick, which the Blazers traded to the PIstons for two picks and got Shawn Respert (Bust) and Theo Ratliff (solid but always injured)

Anyways, moral of the story was those two trade CLEARLY benefited the teams that won the championships.

And in case you haven't noticed, there has been no disgruntled Superstar or All-Star player requesting a trade to Chicago this year.

We could have traded Taj and Two 1st round picks for Dragic for 28 games, only to lose him to LA next year? :dunno:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you think Neal should have anything to do with "locking down" LJ, I suggest you're off base. Snell did a pretty good job on LJ the other night, and oh yeah, we have this guy named Jimmy something. :dunno:

I know Gary Neal won't be guarding LeBron James. Not just because he'd be out of position, but because Gary Neal can't fucking guard anyone. And great, we have two guys that can man-up LeBron -- Is Rose staying in front of Kyrie? Is Taj going to get starters minutes and keep Kevin Love in check? The Bulls have played down to competition all season long. They've been injured. Their defense has taken a step back in lieu of more offense -- which has been fantastic. However, many of these teams in the East have multiple scoring options that take special attention on defense. So, if these guys are scaling back again on offense in order to ratchet down on defense, aren't we the same old Bulls of the last 4 seasons?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

didn't mean to start you up lol

i got over it yesterday

but Afflalo or Wilson Chandler is who i wanted...while not stars both would have been a upgrade on the wing

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I know Gary Neal won't be guarding LeBron James. Not just because he'd be out of position, but because Gary Neal can't fucking guard anyone. And great, we have two guys that can man-up LeBron -- Is Rose staying in front of Kyrie? Is Taj going to get starters minutes and keep Kevin Love in check? The Bulls have played down to competition all season long. They've been injured. Their defense has taken a step back in lieu of more offense -- which has been fantastic. However, many of these teams in the East have multiple scoring options that take special attention on defense. So, if these guys are scaling back again on offense in order to ratchet down on defense, aren't we the same old Bulls of the last 4 seasons?

You don't think Rose can check Irving? :smh: He shut him down pretty good the last couple games. There isn't a chance in hell that Irving is gonna take it to Rose in the playoffs. Are you nuts? And yes, we have two guy's that check LJ pretty well, as good as ANYONE in the NBA.

Love hasn't done a whole lot this year, but we can throw Pau, Taj, and Niko at him. And you keep focussing on Neal? He was ONE example I used. The point was to wait and see who the buyouts are, right? What if it's Kevin Martin? I don't hear you saying much about him?

Lastly, didn't someone point out that the last bunch of NBA champions DID NOT make a move at the deadline?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You don't think Rose can check Irving? :smh: He shut him down pretty good the last couple games. There isn't a chance in hell that Irving is gonna take it to Rose in the playoffs. Are you nuts? And yes, we have two guy's that check LJ pretty well, as good as ANYONE in the NBA.

Love hasn't done a whole lot this year, but we can throw Pau, Taj, and Niko at him. And you keep focussing on Neal? He was ONE example I used. The point was to wait and see who the buyouts are, right? What if it's Kevin Martin? I don't hear you saying much about him?

Lastly, didn't someone point out that the last bunch of NBA champions DID NOT make a move at the deadline?

Kevin Love is still putting up 17/10, albeit somewhat underwhelming when you consider he put up monster stats on a horrible team for all those years.

Kevin Martin has much more value as a trade asset for the Wolves than he would to just eat salary and hand him over to another team for nothing. And Flip Saunders is huge on him.

I've never once said I didn't trust Butler or Snell to play LeBron hard on the defensive end. My question is -- if Thibs wants to play Rose, Butler, Dunleavy (we assume), Pau and Noah in crunch time, that's two elite defenders, one average defender, and two relatively poor defenders. With how poorly this team has stepped up against crummy teams, how are they going to react in crunch time? We've had one excellent stretch of basketball all season. For a team that you expect to contend for a title, the consistency has been lacking. That's why I feel like the Bulls needed to make an upgrade, not add depth. Adding depth to an inconsequential position isn't going to make "the difference". Upgrading Dunleavy, who's expected to start? Absolutely.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Bulls need to sign Kendrick Perkins!

The Bulls biggest weakness is soft bigs. Face it, the Bulls miss Carlos Boozer's physicality. The Bulls have gotten punked more in 50 games than the have in 4 years with Boozer. It shows up in offensive rebounding against physical teams. Our bigs lack the bodies to box out. Perkins would be a good signing if for no other reason than to keep him away from Cleveland. Hopefully, Perkins relationship with Thibs will help.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i'll take him but i don't want him playing much if at all and i don't want him interfering with Nikola's minutes

also they should waive Nazr or Cam so we're not using our last roster spot

but ive been saying we need a goon for years and he fits that role

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
He's deciding between the Clippers and Cavaliers. To late.