CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Cubs win 3 games in a row to close a historic World Series run. Cubs fans- He made all the wrong moves!
If they had lost after surrendering a big lead, Chicago would have likely eaten up Maddon. I love what he has done as a manager. He wasn't at his best the last couple of games, but it all worked out for the organization. The players really came through! It's a great day to be a Cubs fan.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube_share;zyU-LJb1uzE]https://youtu.be/zyU-LJb1uzE[/video]

Something that has never been shown on that scoreboard:

scoreboard.jpg

Crazy people climbing the stop light post:

lightpost.jpg

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
If Theo hadn't been such a dumb ass and traded Starlin Jeter Castro, we would have beaten the Indians 4-0.

Championship!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
[video=youtube_share;K2Yb3qCa7TQ]https://youtu.be/K2Yb3qCa7TQ[/video]

Washington

Liked Posts:
The Cubs win 3 games in a row to close a historic World Series run. Cubs fans- He made all the wrong moves!

You have to look at the source who started the Maddon bitching thread. That's just what he does. He never sees the positives in anything. If CCS existed back in '86, he'd have found ways to destroy the '85 Bears. He lives a sad life. One kinda can feel sorry for him for that.

Man, I am still struggling coming to terms with this. This is still so very surreal. I'm ready to watch the run next year.

I also want to give kudos to all you CCS Cubs board regulars who are so passionate and always positive. So many of you are a wealth of knowledge in these modern times of stat keeping and analysis. I don't always buy into all the stuff but I read it here nonetheless.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to look at the source who started the Maddon bitching thread. .

Honestly..shut up.

I'm enjoying the hell out of today....I've been smiling all day between doses of caffeine but it doesn't mean we can't have an academic discussion of baseball.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Honestly..shut up.

I'm enjoying the hell out of today....I've been smiling all day between doses of caffeine but it doesn't mean we can't have an academic discussion of baseball.

And the thank-banging friend shows up. No, I won't shut up. All the negative trolling gets sickening. How you constantly back your butt-plug thank banger is beyond me. You must live a miserable life too. Now, YOU should STFU and go back and bitch about the Bears. For Christ's Sake, let the Cub fans enjoy this.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the negative trolling gets sickening.
Holy shit, negative trolling? You're sensitive.

Even after the game last night in the bar in the immediate glow of the WS win my buddy and I talked about this stuff. It's a fucking discussion. It doesn't diminish the accomplishment and is part of the talk about the game. Hell, we are discussing Tito too.

Sports radio is talking about it. Newspapers are mentioning it. It's a discussion point. That's it.

Quit being so over damn sensitive. Either participate in the discussion or STFU. All you're doing is bitching to bitch.

You don't like the thread. Great. Don't enter it.

You're an adult right? Act like one.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to look at the source who started the Maddon bitching thread. That's just what he does. He never sees the positives in anything. If CCS existed back in '86, he'd have found ways to destroy the '85 Bears. He lives a sad life. One kinda can feel sorry for him for that.

Man, I am still struggling coming to terms with this. This is still so very surreal. I'm ready to watch the run next year.

I also want to give kudos to all you CCS Cubs board regulars who are so passionate and always positive. So many of you are a wealth of knowledge in these modern times of stat keeping and analysis. I don't always buy into all the stuff but I read it here nonetheless.

I do remember you posting that you believed in the curse at the start of the Giants series. How did that end up working out for you?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the thank-banging friend shows up. No, I won't shut up. All the negative trolling gets sickening. How you constantly back your butt-plug thank banger is beyond me. You must live a miserable life too. Now, YOU should STFU and go back and bitch about the Bears. For Christ's Sake, let the Cub fans enjoy this.

Want a positive thread to talk celebration?

Here, I started one earlier today...that you haven't posted in....but I'm sure this thread was more "negative trolling" by me

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/83077-What-did-you-do-after-the-Cubs-won

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guys...chill..

The. Cubs. Just. Won. The. World. Series. Halley's comet came around, twice, since that last happened. Let's just bask in the apocalyptic glory of that fact....although to be honest the apocalypse has been somewaht boring thus far...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'm going to share this with every one I know.

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

I love watching the separate sections get the news/action first. Favorite team ever. This team took everyone's best punch right to the fucking jaw this postseason and was like, "Is that the best you fucking got?" And the core of this team is just scratching the surface of it's potential. Fucking incredible.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Geez, man. What do you do for a living?

I work on a dock. Third shift. I got to watch almost everything LOL. I knew they won because everyone started going nuts on the dock as I was pulling out my phone to check the situation.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Was there ever a commercial that always comes on to buy that package of champion stuff they always do? Like Sports Illustrated or some shit?

I need to get some championship stuff. I like the grey hats they were wearing after they won. Also want one with the WS logo.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Was there ever a commercial that always comes on to buy that package of champion stuff they always do? Like Sports Illustrated or some shit?

I need to get some championship stuff. I like the grey hats they were wearing after they won. Also want one with the WS logo.

I'm considering just ordering my hats directly from the MLB site instead of fucking around trying to find them at retail stores here in Chicago. Its being reported there is a shortage everywhere of them so I feel like I am just going to waste my time trying to find them.