World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians Game 7

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Joe has some horseshoe up his ass for sure. Made all the wrong moves and claimed it was all going to plan. I know Hendricks expected to be pulled giving up one fucking run again after being hosed on strike three. First emotion we have seen from Hendricks screaming in his glove as Maddon was walking to the mound. He said the plan worked, even though he wanted LEster to start a clean inning. At least he hosed Lester the same way again not allowing Chapman to start a clean inning.

Maddon made a lot of baffling decisions the last TWO games. His mismanagement of the pen - particularly Chapman - was insane. Case in point - during one stretch in the 8th , Chapman threw 10 straight pitches with none over 100. As well as his quick hook on Arrietta and Hendricks, his failure to have Heyward bunt and the decision to have Baez attempt a safety squeeze bunt with 2 strikes. Rodriquez/Big Frank/Pete Rose all confirmed that call comes from the Manager (not the player, not the third base coach).

Fortunately for all, they were able to win in spite of those decisions. If the game went the other way, Maddon would be (rightfully so) crucified.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Random thought of the "i can't sleep" part of the night....

It's amazing how Hendricks can go 1-1 with a 1.42 ERA, 19 hits, 4 ER, 7 bb, 19 k's in 25.1 IP and not win the LCS mvp, and not win the WS mvp and still some how go under the radar. As a reference point, Kluber threw 34.1 IP giving up 28 hits, 7 ER, 8 bb, 35 K's with a 1.83 era.

I know I'm a Hendricks fanboy but god damn. If the cubs win 1 or two more of his games rather than losing 1-0 in 2 of his starts he's a bigger name. He was the most dominat starter no one talks about this post season.

Agreed 100%

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
To the board members I fought with on this thread.

You can hate me or you can ignore me. That said, I'd still buy you dickheads beers if we were in a bar. :)

When it comes to sports, I'm a debbie downer. That's just my thing. Some people are annoying optimistic (we got this!!!!) and some are annoying pessimistic. I'm the latter. My kids won't watch hockey games with me anymore. I'm an absolute wreck during the playoffs.

I'll still stand by my analysis - as should you - but for me, it's all good. It's just dudes shooting the shit on an internet forum just like we would in a bar. Emotions run high with sports so there ya go.

You're all a bunch of dickheads and I'd probably hate you in real life, but I'd still let you pick up my bar tab. :)

Oh, and who owns the 'earliest fucking work thing' award? I completely brain farted and forgot I had a conference call with our UK team at 5:30am/11:30am UK time, after going to bed about 2:30. Fun.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Random thought of the "i can't sleep" part of the night....

It's amazing how Hendricks can go 1-1 with a 1.42 ERA, 19 hits, 4 ER, 7 bb, 19 k's in 25.1 IP and not win the LCS mvp, and not win the WS mvp and still some how go under the radar. As a reference point, Kluber threw 34.1 IP giving up 28 hits, 7 ER, 8 bb, 35 K's with a 1.83 era.

I know I'm a Hendricks fanboy but god damn. If the cubs win 1 or two more of his games rather than losing 1-0 in 2 of his starts he's a bigger name. He was the most dominat starter no one talks about this post season.

Yeah, and his overall emergence. We went to the last Spring Training game in Arizona during Spring Break. The kids got a lot of autographs and pictures with the players, but it was mostly the 'other guys' - Ross, bullpen guys, etc. None of the big dogs (Bryant, Rizzo, Russell, etc) were around to sign. The one who signed the most autographs and took pics with EVERY kid was Hendricks. Funny because then he was kinda 'just a guy' - the pitcher whose autograph everyone got INSTEAD of the guys they really wanted like Lester or Arrietta.

Fast forward to today and what he emerged to this season and post season. Pretty amazing.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Longest current World Series championship drought

Seasons Team Last championship won Last World Series appearance

68 Cleveland Indians 1948 2016
56 Texas Rangers never (franchise began 1961) 2011
55 Houston Astros never (franchise began 1962) 2005
48 Milwaukee Brewers never (franchise began 1969) 1982
48 San Diego Padres never (franchise began 1969) 1998
48 Washington Nationals never (franchise began 1969) never
40 Seattle Mariners never (franchise began 1977) never
37 Pittsburgh Pirates 1979 1979
33 Baltimore Orioles 1983 1983
32 Detroit Tigers 1984 2012
30 New York Mets 1986 2015
28 Los Angeles Dodgers 1988 1988
27 Oakland Athletics 1989 1990
26 Cincinnati Reds 1990 1990
25 Minnesota Twins 1991 1991
24 Colorado Rockies never (franchise began 1993) 2007
23 Toronto Blue Jays 1993 1993
21 Atlanta Braves 1995 1999
19 Tampa Bay Rays never (franchise began 1998) 2008
15 Arizona Diamondbacks 2001 2001
14 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 2002 2002
13 Miami Marlins 2003 2003
11 Chicago White Sox 2005 2005
8 Philadelphia Phillies 2008 2009
7 New York Yankees 2009 2009
5 St. Louis Cardinals 2011 2013
3 Boston Red Sox 2013 2013
2 San Francisco Giants 2014 2014
1 Kansas City Royals 2015 2015
0 Chicago Cubs 2016 2016

I saw a great tweet that said 'EVERY other team in MLB has a longer WS drought than the Chicago Cubs'.

Pretty cool.

The other great tweet - 'The Chicago Cubs just won the World Series in an intense Game 7. In related news, Adrian Gonzalez just rounded first base'.

Love it!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
14976511_10154060108073683_6582527073668506416_o.jpg

That's actually really cool. I'm sure lots of people missed that one.

They would get the humor if they knew who Steve Gleason is and what he and his family are facing. People who have humor when they are facing the ultimate barrage of shit in life are the best.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Joe has some horseshoe up his ass for sure. Made all the wrong moves and claimed it was all going to plan. I know Hendricks expected to be pulled giving up one fucking run again after being hosed on strike three. First emotion we have seen from Hendricks screaming in his glove as Maddon was walking to the mound. He said the plan worked, even though he wanted LEster to start a clean inning. At least he hosed Lester the same way again not allowing Chapman to start a clean inning.

Saw a crazy stat. I believe Chapman has allowed something like 5 of 9 inherited base runners to score.

Another crazy stat:

- Since the All Star Break, John Lester allowed 8 hits - EIGHT - when a man was on base. Think about that. That's fucking nuts.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As someone not that into baseball but did follow the cubs as a kid...this is freaking insane. I really never though I'd live to see the day and I know whatver afterlife my relatives made it into, they're taking part in the rioting.

Well won, cubs....NOW BRING ON THE MOTHERFUCKING APOCALYPSE!!!!!!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hopefully someone will consolidate all of the great comments/Tweets about this somewhere.

My favorite was Scott Van Pelly on ESPN after. He said 'I didn't have a horse in this game, but I think I vomitted like 3 times during the game'.

It's one of those 'a shame that someone had to lose'. I really can't think of a more stressful sporting event ever. I'd be genuinely interested to know how many people had heart attacks during it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maddon made a lot of baffling decisions the last TWO games. His mismanagement of the pen - particularly Chapman - was insane. Case in point - during one stretch in the 8th , Chapman threw 10 straight pitches with none over 100. As well as his quick hook on Arrietta and Hendricks, his failure to have Heyward bunt and the decision to have Baez attempt a safety squeeze bunt with 2 strikes. Rodriquez/Big Frank/Pete Rose all confirmed that call comes from the Manager (not the player, not the third base coach).

Fortunately for all, they were able to win in spite of those decisions. If the game went the other way, Maddon would be (rightfully so) crucified.

You are still so stupid.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
You are still so stupid.

I'm stupid because I have the same opinion that pretty much every baseball expert has about Maddon's use of the pitching staff?

In the larger picture, your opinions don't matter to me. Mine shouldn't matter to you.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you think that is stupid, you should see Parade_Rain's postings in my Maddon thread. The stupidity there is beyond human comprehension.

Can you believe this crap?
So he didn't make the move to win the game? LOL. What a lousy post you have.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
OMG! What a freaking game. I saw every out of the postseason except the very last one because I was walking into work lol.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I'm 55 years old. I cried like a baby when the '69 team did not make the playoffs. I went to so many games a kid when they Friday's were Lady's Day and all women got in free. My mom would take me and my sisters via city bus and El and only have to pay for me. Sure was different back then.

This is all still surreal to me. I'm still kind of in shock over it all. I stayed up watching all the celebration stuff I could find. I never saw this coming and really was down in the dumps when we went down 3-1. I thought same old shit and man is this team of youngsters something special.

In closing, I don't give a shit about the mistakes Maddon may have made. Big FUCKING deal. We just won the World Series and he's a huge reason why. Be happy and celebrate and quit looking for reasons to bitch.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm 55 years old. I cried like a baby when the '69 team did not make the playoffs. I went to so many games a kid when they Friday's were Lady's Day and all women got in free. My mom would take me and my sisters via city bus and El and only have to pay for me. Sure was different back then.

This is all still surreal to me. I'm still kind of in shock over it all. I stayed up watching all the celebration stuff I could find. I never saw this coming and really was down in the dumps when we went down 3-1. I thought same old shit and man is this team of youngsters something special.

In closing, I don't give a shit about the mistakes Maddon may have made. Big FUCKING deal. We just won the World Series and he's a huge reason why. Be happy and celebrate and quick looking for reasons to bitch.

The Cubs win 3 games in a row to close a historic World Series run. Cubs fans- He made all the wrong moves!