Would the board be pleased with/ this:

Chinese

Liked Posts:
If Beasley or Gregory are there I would take them before White. I really think that a wr can be had in other rounds. I wouldn't bother picking a QB. I don't think there is anyone better thank Fales or Claussen right now. My ideal situation is to trade out for more future picks and package that next year for a chance of a better QB option. The last 3 I don't mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Well, we have so many needs there is no way to make us completely happy.
I like the first two picks. Agree with those that don't like using another pick on a developmental QB when we still don't know the final verdict on Fales (yes I get the prognosis probably isn't great).
I'd prefer best available in rd 3 at OL or FS. Definitely FS in rd 4 if we don't grab one in 3.
Let's see what Fangio can sort out with the million guys we already have on the front 7 and focus on absolute known needs. Maybe a late rd NT for those in need of adding DL.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Everywhere I have read it is pretty well known that the draft is deep at WR and RB...so passing on a White or Cooper to get the best available LB or DT is probably the way to go in the first

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
1. Kevin White: WR
2. Byron Jones: CB/S
3. Garrett Grayson: QB
4. Xavier Cooper: DT (5 tech)
5. Max Garcia: C
6. Lynden Trail: DE

I think this would be a solid draft class

So the Bears put up two consecutive years of the worst defense any of us have ever seen in our lifetime - and probably ever will - and you want to take a receiver with the #7 overall pick and then take a flyer on a project QB in the 3rd round?

I'm pretty sure if this happens, Fangio will walk over to Pace and kick him in the nuts.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
If we ended up with all of Mariota, Beasley, Cooper, Williams, Waynes, Gurley, and Sherff people would still find something to be mad about.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Any QB not named Mariota and Winston is not worth drafting.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
out of the Million scenarios that could happen only 1 thing is 100%. People on this board are going to freak out and call for Paces head because he wasn't able to address all of our top 10 needs in the first 3 rounds.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Byron Jones is the only player I would be happy with in your draft. Jones will turn out to be the best CB in this years draft.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I would be happy with the picks 1 and 2. Jones is a really good player and not just an athlete and he would fit really well in this scheme. I don't like the QB pick in the 3rd there should be some good defense players available (LB,DL,S) and I also think Cooper doesn't have the length to play 3-4 DE. Trial is interesting and he has the frame to add a ton of weight,

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
we need a WR. Can't just force a pick on defense because we were bad there last year
Force pick on defense? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO. Yeah, cause there is no defensive lineman worthy to be picked before the 4th round. Worst post ever buddy

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So the Bears put up two consecutive years of the worst defense any of us have ever seen in our lifetime - and probably ever will - and you want to take a receiver with the #7 overall pick and then take a flyer on a project QB in the 3rd round?

I'm pretty sure if this happens, Fangio will walk over to Pace and kick him in the nuts.

I get the frustration about the epically bad D the last two years, but let's keep in mind that asshat Tucker is gone and we just spent most of our FA money on D with 7 new faces (McPhee, Rolle, Ball, McDonald, Jenkins, Acho, and Foster). We already have to many guys on D than available roster spots.
Our O wasn't for crap last year either and Marshall's production was sent packing. It's going to get even worse if you don't address it. You can argue let's pound the ball rather than pass, but we don't have an OL and an aging soft RB.
I think adding White who won't need to fight for playing time to replace Marshall and keeping teams from stacking the box makes a lot of sense.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I get the frustration about the epically bad D the last two years, but let's keep in mind that asshat Tucker is gone and we just spent most of our FA money on D with 7 new faces (McPhee, Rolle, Ball, McDonald, Jenkins, Acho, and Foster). We already have to many guys on D than available roster spots.
Our O wasn't for crap last year either and Marshall's production was sent packing. It's going to get even worse if you don't address it. You can argue let's pound the ball rather than pass, but we don't have an OL and an aging soft RB.
I think adding White who won't need to fight for playing time to replace Marshall and keeping teams from stacking the box makes a lot of sense.

Do you see anyone in that group that screams dominating cornerstone defensive player?