Would the board be pleased with/ this:

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I think you may want to back-check on how Fox likes to build a team. Heck, even with Manning at QB, they dumped Decker...

I will happily bet anyone out there $500 that White will not be taken with the #7 pick by the Bears.

I would bet money on Fox picking a defensive player first. That is in his nature & the Broncos did use their 1st pick on defense, all 4 years Fox was in Denver. So that seems logical that Fox would lean heavily in the direction, of using the teams best draft resources on the defensive side of the ball. So I have no argument with suggesting that it is unlikely for the Bears to use the #7 overall pick on offense.

While on the other hand, saying he dumped Decker. Without mentioning the following few facts, makes your comment seem disingenuous to say the least.

Fox/Broncos signed WR Wes Welker via FA in 2013

Fox/Broncos signed WR Emmanuel Sanders via FA in 2014

Fox/Broncos used the 2014 draft to select a WR with the 2nd overall pick.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have alshon and royal.
we don't NEED another WR.

fuck-this-shit-o.gif

we don't need another wr? what world are you living in where royal suddenly becomes a great fucking #2 wr? White is gonna be a superstar take him and you have alshon and white for years to come and wr will be a str for years on years for the bears

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
How is he soft?

He has 11000 total YFS, averaging almost 1700 per season,accounted for 1/4th of the teams yards and he's missed what? 4 games his entire career? Me thinks you don't know what a soft RB is.

We also drafted Kadeem Carey last year...

And our Oline will have Slausen back. An experienced Center who is a front to back upgrade to Garza. And, for what it's worth, we signed Ducasse - which I believe indicates we may see him at RG with Long moving to RT...

We don't need a RB or Ol in this draft.

I think you may want to back-check on how Fox likes to build a team. Heck, even with Manning at QB, they dumped Decker...

I will happily bet anyone out there $500 that White will not be taken with the #7 pick by the Bears.

The Bears are extremely unlikely to use a high draft pick on a RB. Especially the #7 overall pick.

With that said, Fox is also not likely to watch the film and see Forte as the feature RB of the future. Forte is not a good rushing RB between the tackles. He just isn't, and any suggestion otherwise is to ignore the reality of the situation.

Will he produce better between the tackles with Fox calling the plays and a healthier O-line, an O-line that is improved through the draft? Yep Forte should see better production under those circumstances but that doesn't make him worthy of having been the 5th highest paid RB during the 2014 NFL season. I also believe he is currently the 6th highest paid RB heading into the 2015 season. Odds on Forte producing top 6 rushing stats during the year?

I do know one thing, if Fox tries to keep Forte in the top 5 in overall rushing attempts in 2015, like Trestman did in 2014. That will only happen, if Forte produces much better results. Otherwise you can expect that Fox, whom already likes RB by committee, will start reducing Forte overall role in the team. Especially in short yardage situations.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Sure. He's a dime a dozen guy who is durable, is always among the leaders in the NFL in total yards, can block, and is a team leader. Maybe because he doesn't beat up his wife, girlfriend, or kids(see AP), he's a bit of a "pussy", eh?

No need to get dramatic about it. He is a well rounded RB who's primary weakness is breaking tackles running the ball. I like Forte as well, let's just be accurate about his strengths and weaknesses.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Sure. He's a dime a dozen guy who is durable, is always among the leaders in the NFL in total yards, can block, and is a team leader. Maybe because he doesn't beat up his wife, girlfriend, or kids(see AP), he's a bit of a "pussy", eh?

Forte was an awful pass blocking RB during the 2014 season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/22/missed-the-list-matt-forte/

And to a degree this is where my colleagues and I differed. They really value pass blocking in a back and in that regard Forte stunk. He was in a lot of respects an unmitigated disaster with his 17 quarterback disruptions the worst of any running back, and his grade in this regard also the lowest.

That above link and quote are one of the mutliple PFF articles illustrating just how bad Forte was as a pass blocker in 2014.

This reason alone, will see his overall role as the featured RB reduced in 2015.

As far as the other stuff goes that you mentioned here, well I have already given out the stats showing why Forte was a very productive rushing RB during the 2014 season in other threads.

Forte was 5th in rushing attempts but only 12th in rushing yards

Forte was 16th, of the top 20 RB in rushing attempts, yards per rush.

Forte was tied for 17th in rushing TD with 6.

Forte yards per rush were poor on 2nd and 3rd down in comparison to other RB.

Forte longest rush was 32 yards. 42 other RB's had longer runs.

Forte worst stat was that he only had ONE RUSH OF 20+ YARDS OR MORE THE ENTIRE 2014 SEASON. When taking into account that he was the 5th highest paid RB and 5th highest in rushing attempts. This stat speaks volumes on just how bad Forte was rushing the ball and just how awful the O-line was during 2014.

49 other RB had at least 2 or more 20+ yard runs.

9 of those RB had at least 8 or more 20+ yard runs.

17 of those RB had at least 5 or more 20+ yard runs.

28 of those RB had at least 4 or more 20+ yard runs.

38 of those RB had at least 3 or more 20+ yard runs.

So why did this stat really stick out to me?

Well if I were to tell you that Forte will have the 5th most rushing attempts again in 2015 and only one of those rushes will be for 20 yards or more. What would that tell you about the Bears chances of winning games?

Then throw in that Forte is an awful blocker & suddenly you have a very highly paid, 30+ year old RB who struggles to break tackles as your feature RB.

Now why on Earth would anyone possibly argue that Forte wasn't all that in 2014? Hopefully this post helps you see the reasoning behind that opinion. For some of us, it was what we saw with our own eyes & seeing the lack of production stat wise at the end of the 2014 season.

Was it all Forte fault? Nope, the offensive line sucked badly. Yet Forte went down via shoe string tackles way too often & struggled way too often in short yardage situations.

Would I get rid of him? Only for a good draft pick and another team taking on his salary. Which is unlikely to happen, so hopefully Fox/Pace improve the O-line and game plan. Enough so that Forte produces like a RB getting paid top 6 RB money.

Can Forte produce like that? I think its possible but I will believe it when I see it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears are extremely unlikely to use a high draft pick on a RB. Especially the #7 overall pick.

With that said, Fox is also not likely to watch the film and see Forte as the feature RB of the future. Forte is not a good rushing RB between the tackles. He just isn't, and any suggestion otherwise is to ignore the reality of the situation.

Will he produce better between the tackles with Fox calling the plays and a healthier O-line, an O-line that is improved through the draft? Yep Forte should see better production under those circumstances but that doesn't make him worthy of having been the 5th highest paid RB during the 2014 NFL season. I also believe he is currently the 6th highest paid RB heading into the 2015 season. Odds on Forte producing top 6 rushing stats during the year?

I do know one thing, if Fox tries to keep Forte in the top 5 in overall rushing attempts in 2015, like Trestman did in 2014. That will only happen, if Forte produces much better results. Otherwise you can expect that Fox, whom already likes RB by committee, will start reducing Forte overall role in the team. Especially in short yardage situations.

Trestman was an IDIOT. Fox isn't an idiot. Forte may not be as great a running back as he was but he is still going to be a VERY GOOD running back and they drafted Carey last year and who is to say that he can't be a good back also? What they had happen to them last year is a lot due to injuries along the offensive line. That and the fact that they had two below average starters in Garza and Mills.

People talk about Forte not being able to run inside. That becomes pretty tough when the defense tosses your starting center back into the backfield and your starting right tackle lets his guy blow by him. Long had to take on both his guy and help out on either Mills or Garzas the entire season. This is why I have been so adamant about getting Scherff and Erving in this draft. I am not convinced that the free agent that they just signed is the answer at center and I know that Mills is not the answer at RT. No one is going to run the ball well for the Bears without major improvements in the BEar's offensive line and without those improvements, the offense will be WORSE than last years team was.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Forte was an awful pass blocking RB during the 2014 season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/22/missed-the-list-matt-forte/

That above link and quote are one of the mutliple PFF articles illustrating just how bad Forte was as a pass blocker in 2014.

This reason alone, will see his overall role as the featured RB reduced in 2015.

As far as the other stuff goes that you mentioned here, well I have already given out the stats showing why Forte was a very productive rushing RB during the 2014 season in other threads.

Forte was 5th in rushing attempts but only 12th in rushing yards

Forte was 16th, of the top 20 RB in rushing attempts, yards per rush.

Forte was tied for 17th in rushing TD with 6.

Forte yards per rush were poor on 2nd and 3rd down in comparison to other RB.

Forte longest rush was 32 yards. 42 other RB's had longer runs.

Forte worst stat was that he only had ONE RUSH OF 20+ YARDS OR MORE THE ENTIRE 2014 SEASON. When taking into account that he was the 5th highest paid RB and 5th highest in rushing attempts. This stat speaks volumes on just how bad Forte was rushing the ball and just how awful the O-line was during 2014.

49 other RB had at least 2 or more 20+ yard runs.

9 of those RB had at least 8 or more 20+ yard runs.

17 of those RB had at least 5 or more 20+ yard runs.

28 of those RB had at least 4 or more 20+ yard runs.

38 of those RB had at least 3 or more 20+ yard runs.

So why did this stat really stick out to me?

Well if I were to tell you that Forte will have the 5th most rushing attempts again in 2015 and only one of those rushes will be for 20 yards or more. What would that tell you about the Bears chances of winning games?

Then throw in that Forte is an awful blocker & suddenly you have a very highly paid, 30+ year old RB who struggles to break tackles as your feature RB.

Now why on Earth would anyone possibly argue that Forte wasn't all that in 2014? Hopefully this post helps you see the reasoning behind that opinion. For some of us, it was what we saw with our own eyes & seeing the lack of production stat wise at the end of the 2014 season.

Was it all Forte fault? Nope, the offensive line sucked badly. Yet Forte went down via shoe string tackles way too often & struggled way too often in short yardage situations.

Would I get rid of him? Only for a good draft pick and another team taking on his salary. Which is unlikely to happen, so hopefully Fox/Pace improve the O-line and game plan. Enough so that Forte produces like a RB getting paid top 6 RB money.

Can Forte produce like that? I think its possible but I will believe it when I see it.

Rubbish. Using PFF as anykind of measurement agency is your first mistake. A bunch of blanched limeys supping tea and eating crumpets while in their mommy's basement apartments with Manchester United banners hanging from their bed posts. Forte has been one of the top 3-4 running backs in the NFL for as long as he has been in the league and his pay reflects that performance. And this without an offensive line in front of him and a quarterback who can get him the ball where and when he needs it to be given a chance to excel.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Trestman was an IDIOT. Fox isn't an idiot. Forte may not be as great a running back as he was but he is still going to be a VERY GOOD running back and they drafted Carey last year and who is to say that he can't be a good back also? What they had happen to them last year is a lot due to injuries along the offensive line. That and the fact that they had two below average starters in Garza and Mills.

People talk about Forte not being able to run inside. That becomes pretty tough when the defense tosses your starting center back into the backfield and your starting right tackle lets his guy blow by him. Long had to take on both his guy and help out on either Mills or Garzas the entire season. This is why I have been so adamant about getting Scherff and Erving in this draft. I am not convinced that the free agent that they just signed is the answer at center and I know that Mills is not the answer at RT. No one is going to run the ball well for the Bears without major improvements in the BEar's offensive line and without those improvements, the offense will be WORSE than last years team was.

Wow, are you going to blame everything on the Oline? Look, Forte is a 220 lbs RB that should be able to make holes, or at least be able to gain a couple of yards when there aren't any. It's true the Oline could have done much better, but you cannot expect a 10 yard wide hole every time, that just doesn't happen. Forte has really only been effective running around the edges.

I have not been impressed with Carey at ALL. He is small, not very fast, and also has a bad build for a RB(top heavy).

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Best offensive player to wear a Bears uniform since Walter Payton. Great player, produces despite having to be used as safety valve so much, doesn't get in trouble, goes about his business and performs year in year out. Great Bear.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He was second in the NFL in rushing the season before last when the line was healthy. And he gets paid because he does everything and is effective lined up everywhere. Premium utility players are valuable commodities in the NFL, especially in today's passing league. Forte has produced over and above his contract throughout his career, unlike the garbage QB you continue to support.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow, are you going to blame everything on the Oline? Look, Forte is a 220 lbs RB that should be able to make holes, or at least be able to gain a couple of yards when there aren't any. It's true the Oline could have done much better, but you cannot expect a 10 yard wide hole every time, that just doesn't happen. Forte has really only been effective running around the edges.

I have not been impressed with Carey at ALL. He is small, not very fast, and also has a bad build for a RB(top heavy).

The facts say otherwise.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cause our run defense is so good that we dont need a DT/NT until the 4th round

Meh. You guys are completely changing schemes, so essentially you don't know what your current players can or cannot do. Along the from 7 this is a 'tryout' type season where the team will determine where the gaps are. My Eagles made the same 4-3 to 3-4 type conversion and not many thought that Cedric Thorton and Fletcher Cox would end up transitioning as well as they did.

When looking at the first two picks they would both represent good value for players that can play in any system. That in itself can't be too bad.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No need to get dramatic about it. He is a well rounded RB who's primary weakness is breaking tackles running the ball. I like Forte as well, let's just be accurate about his strengths and weaknesses.

You are the one who called him a bit of a pussy, did you not? I'd call that a bit dramatic. I think Mongo said it correctly when he said that a lot of Bears fans look down on whoever the Bears running back is because they compare him to Walter who was the most complete running back ever as far as I am concered.

Thomas Jones ran into the same kind of bum-rapping during his time with the Bears.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
He was second in the NFL in rushing the season before last when the line was healthy. And he gets paid because he does everything and is effective lined up everywhere. Premium utility players are valuable commodities in the NFL, especially in today's passing league. Forte has produced over and above his contract throughout his career, unlike the garbage QB you continue to support.

Would you extend Forte contract for top 6 RB money right now beyond the 2015 season & for how many years if you would be inclined to extend Forte ?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

He does not do everything, his blocking was horrible in 2014. As were his yards per carry on 2nd and 3rd downs.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This board will only be pleased if all 6 draft picks make the Hall of Fame and, even then, they'd still bitch because one of them wasn't good enough to make it on the first ballot.