Would the board be pleased with/ this:

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Do you see anyone in that group that screams dominating cornerstone defensive player?

Same can be said on our skill position players. Forte is holding out, and we don't know what's going to happen with AJ's contract either.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
but we don't have an OL and an aging soft RB.

How is he soft?

He has 11000 total YFS, averaging almost 1700 per season,accounted for 1/4th of the teams yards and he's missed what? 4 games his entire career? Me thinks you don't know what a soft RB is.

We also drafted Kadeem Carey last year...

And our Oline will have Slausen back. An experienced Center who is a front to back upgrade to Garza. And, for what it's worth, we signed Ducasse - which I believe indicates we may see him at RG with Long moving to RT...

We don't need a RB or Ol in this draft.

I think adding White who won't need to fight for playing time to replace Marshall and keeping teams from stacking the box makes a lot of sense.

I think you may want to back-check on how Fox likes to build a team. Heck, even with Manning at QB, they dumped Decker...

I will happily bet anyone out there $500 that White will not be taken with the #7 pick by the Bears.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Same can be said on our skill position players. Forte is holding out, and we don't know what's going to happen with AJ's contract either.

When did this happen?

As far as I know Mandatory workouts have yet to start.

You have some inside info that no one else in the world has?

Source?

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any QB not named Mariota and Winston is not worth drafting.

Is Bryce Petty that bad? He is a good passer from what I hear just did not play in pro style offense.

Last edited:

JIMMY MAC FAN

Liked Posts:

Lol, Forte is not holding out, he is just skipping voluntarily workouts.

engbear

Liked Posts:
Really annoys me how just about everyone preaches B.P.A then someone mentions drafting a certain player and you get people bitching about picking a certain position, or we have to spend our first pick on D.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be happy with anybody but White.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How is he soft?

He has 11000 total YFS, averaging almost 1700 per season,accounted for 1/4th of the teams yards and he's missed what? 4 games his entire career? Me thinks you don't know what a soft RB is.

We also drafted Kadeem Carey last year...

And our Oline will have Slausen back. An experienced Center who is a front to back upgrade to Garza. And, for what it's worth, we signed Ducasse - which I believe indicates we may see him at RG with Long moving to RT...

We don't need a RB or Ol in this draft.

I think you may want to back-check on how Fox likes to build a team. Heck, even with Manning at QB, they dumped Decker...

I will happily bet anyone out there $500 that White will not be taken with the #7 pick by the Bears.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of the OL. I think that they should draft Scherff if they can. As for the guy who called Forte "soft", well that really was stupid.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I agree with Mongo on this one. However, I also feel Forte is a bit of a pussy for a RB at least.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with Mongo on this one. However, I also feel Forte is a bit of a pussy for a RB at least.

Sure. He's a dime a dozen guy who is durable, is always among the leaders in the NFL in total yards, can block, and is a team leader. Maybe because he doesn't beat up his wife, girlfriend, or kids(see AP), he's a bit of a "pussy", eh?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Sure. He's a dime a dozen guy who is durable, is always among the leaders in the NFL in total yards, can block, and is a team leader. Maybe because he doesn't beat up his wife, girlfriend, or kids(see AP), he's a bit of a "pussy", eh?

People (understandably) in Chicago automatically compare any RB that puts on a Bears jersey with Payton - who refused to go down, and almost never purposefully ran out of bounds without delivering a stiff arm or helmet to the ribs of the defender first.

I found myself doing it as well - early on in Forte's career. People tend to fall back to the dumb "he's easy to tackle" crap

Truth is, anyone who got to watch Walter play should know that comparing Forte to him just isn't fair... No one will ever be that good.

But Forte is a damn good RB. And soft is definitely a dumb way to describe him.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
1. Kevin White: WR
2. Byron Jones: CB/S
3. Garrett Grayson: QB
4. Xavier Cooper: DT (5 tech)
5. Max Garcia: C
6. Lynden Trail: DE

I think this would be a solid draft class

I could live with White and Jones, because both of them has bigtime potential, even though it bothers me that Jones was mostly viewed as a possible 3rd day prospect before his combine-performance.

The rest I'm not that crazy about.
Grayson: I'm not sold on any of this years QB's, and even though it would be nice to have a developmental QB, I don't really see anyone exciting this year.
Cooper: He would be an absolute steal for 4-3 teams as a penetrating 3-tech at this point in the draft, but I see him as a questionable fit as a 5-tech. Even though he's taller than Will Sutton, their arms are pretty short, which makes it difficult to have an impact as a 5-tech.
Garcia: A lot of Bears-fans like this guy as a late-rounder for us, and I could live with it. Not excited, though.
Trail: He has a lot of physical potential, but I somehow just don't see him working out.

Liked Posts:
People (understandably) in Chicago automatically compare any RB that puts on a Bears jersey with Payton - who refused to go down, and almost never purposefully ran out of bounds without delivering a stiff arm or helmet to the ribs of the defender first.

I found myself doing it as well - early on in Forte's career. People tend to fall back to the dumb "he's easy to tackle" crap

Truth is, anyone who got to watch Walter play should know that comparing Forte to him just isn't fair... No one will ever be that good.

But Forte is a damn good RB. And soft is definitely a dumb way to describe him.

His lack of goal-line prowess can't be ignored. And he IS easy to tackle.

I love him, don't get me wrong, but the guy does not play up to his size.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
1. Kevin White: WR
2. Byron Jones: CB/S
3. Garrett Grayson: QB
4. Xavier Cooper: DT (5 tech)
5. Max Garcia: C
6. Lynden Trail: DE

I think this would be a solid draft class

No. we need OT help NOW before breaking in a new QB and trying to shift to a run oriented attack.

#3 is a ridiculous pick with all the needs we have. I also get value with a S before taking Cooper IMO. You got legit guys who can compete for a starting S spot in 2016 that are going to be floating all over the place when we take our 4th.

You need to be trying to hit on 3-4 starters/heavy contribuors in this draft....Grayson, we ain't got time fo dat.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
When did this happen?

As far as I know Mandatory workouts have yet to start.

You have some inside info that no one else in the world has?

Source?

There was a thread about it just last week, and yes I'm aware the mandatory stuff hasn't started yet, but if he's already crying about an extension then that doesn't bode well. Also, at 30 years old he is certainly not a cornerstone on offense.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
There was a thread about it just last week, and yes I'm aware the mandatory stuff hasn't started yet, but if he's already crying about an extension then that doesn't bode well.

OK - so because a few idiots on a message board made up a story and created a thread, it must be true...

And as far as him "crying" please provide a link, quote, etc...

The only thing he said, as far as I know, related to this stupid rumor is for people to "relax".

Also, at 30 years old he is certainly not a cornerstone on offense.

He just put up 1000+ yards and set an NFL record for receptions by a RB in a season.

That smells like old-folks-home material to me.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
OK - so because a few idiots on a message board made up a story and created a thread, it must be true...

And as far as him "crying" please provide a link, quote, etc...

The only thing he said, as far as I know, related to this stupid rumor is for people to "relax".

He just put up 1000+ yards and set an NFL record for receptions by a RB in a season.

That smells like old-folks-home material to me.
I like my RB's to be able to convert a 3rd and 1 instead of forcing us to pass most of the time in those situations, I like my RB's to average more than 3.9 per carry, and I prefer them to be able to break a hand/arm tackle most of the time.
You don't. You get excited about those dump off passes that kills our vertical big play game that every D says thank you for.
So we disagree. Understood.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I like my RB's to be able to convert a 3rd and 1 instead of forcing us to pass most of the time in those situations, I like my RB's to average more than 3.9 per carry, and I prefer them to be able to break a hand/arm tackle most of the time.
You don't. You get excited about those dump off passes that kills our vertical big play game that every D says thank you for.
So we disagree. Understood.

Got it.

Forte can't convert a 3rd and 1.

Forte will never average above 3.9 yards again - even though the Oline was in complete shambles much of last year.

And it's Forte's fault that Trestman used him as a release valve and Cutler couldn't throw down field. He should have dropped anything thrown to him in protest.

Makes sense....

... if you're an idiot.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Williams, Cooper and White are gone at #7, I'd be happy to trade back with CLE and take Shelton and Dupree instead.