Would you ever be cool with a winless season?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Imagine there is a season that is not going well and the bears have lost every game up to the halfway mark. Let's say there is a top qb prospect in the following years draft, but the only way to get said qb is to lose every game in the season. Would you be cool with that? As a bears fan I would never want that in the teams history and would at least want them to win one game even in the worst seasons. I remember jets fans getting mad that their team won a game the past season. I thought that was crazy.

Last edited:

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I would never want them to go winless no matter what. They get paid big bucks to play their best. Draft picks are never guaranteed in the first place so losing for a top pick is (in my opinion) overrated. It didn't do anything special for the Lions, and having bad losing seasons didn't do much for the Brown the past decade (though they're finally waking up now).

First round picks, let alone a TOP pick QB is highly overrated.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Care not to imagine this sort of outcome.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If they were 0-8 and playing poorly, I still wouldn’t hope for a winless season. But I would be hoping for the top pick in the draft...

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuck yeah
Can't see this team winning the Superbowl
so yeah let it happen

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
No.

Andrew Luck Career QBR: 89.5
Trubisky Career QBR: 87.2

#1 pick guarantees nothing.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I could go a year with zero wins if there's one of those A.Luck guaranteed to be great type QB's coming out in the draft.

wtf did "guaranteed A. Luck" ever do? Help old ladies across the street? Throw for 4000 yards?

IMO Andrew Luck didn't do shit in this league and will go down as a disappointment.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Watching a pathetic team luck into a win or two doesn't sound any better than watching a pathetic team lose every game. That's just me.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
wtf did "guaranteed A. Luck" ever do? Help old ladies across the street? Throw for 4000 yards?

IMO Andrew Luck didn't do shit in this league and will go down as a disappointment.
over head.gif

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I absolutely did. The stats don't lie. Luck was a huge disappointment, not only for a #1 pick but he was hyped as one of the better QB prospects to ever come out.
Which stats are you looking at? Luck had a 4700 yd 40 td season. Trubisky can't ever be that good even during his best year.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
NEVER!!!!! Why would anyone care to have the Bears join the short list of winless NFL teams?

Do you really want to join this list?

Since 1944, only five teams have had winless seasons in the NFL: the 1960 Dallas Cowboys (0–11–1), the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0–14), the 1982 Baltimore Colts (0–8–1) the 2008 Detroit Lions (0–16), and the 2017 Cleveland Browns (0–16).