Would you ever be cool with a winless season?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No. I do not want the team I root for to have that ignominy

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Absolutely not

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I would be cool with the maximum number of losses to get rid of both Pace & Nagy.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Exactly. Now, if the bears are 0-9 going into week 10/11, then sure, I won't mind them losing out to ensure us the #1 pick. Still, I can never watch a game and hope my favorite team to lose.

Still, this is the time of the year for every fanbase to be optimistic. This is the nfl, not the NBA. Any team can have a massive turnaround on any given season.

This is exactly what OP Is asking. And you are a fish out of water, flip flopping about the deck.

You said No and now you say yes?

buttscoot

Liked Posts:
Imagine there is a season that is not going well and the bears have lost every game up to the halfway mark. Let's say there is a top qb prospect in the following years draft, but the only way to get said qb is to lose every game in the season. Would you be cool with that? As a bears fan I would never want that in the teams history and would at least want them to win one game even in the worst seasons. I remember jets fans getting mad that their team won a game the past season. I thought that was crazy.

No.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we had a winless 2020, we'd have a chance at being good again.

This team scrapes just enough wins against garbage opponents to maintain its mediocrity, but never actually compete. Bear Down.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
When’s that next Manning kid draft eligible?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Tanking only works if you have your best players out due to injury or if I get outed for being gay. Otherwise you're stuck with a lot of developing players that lose their competitive drive. Free agents that want to win who don't take the team seriously, all while good players get overpaid because they think the loser team is lax and can cover up their flaws.

What?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ship has sailed. Would have created a nicely balance equation,
-Nagy + -Pace = Lawrence

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I wanted to tank for trevor, so that would of netted the Bears a new qb. But getting a winless season without purposefully tanking would have gotten them a new qb, gm, hc, and possible president and chairman....It'd be worth it.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If it netted the next Peyton Manning, then hells the fuck yeah!!!
The Bears were close. The Bears started 0-7 in 1998. I was praying for the Bears to go 0-16 in order to get either Leaf or Manning. Why win when the Bears started 0-7? Anyways the Bears end up with 5th pick. Who the Bears select? Curtis Fucking Enis. Held out and got an ACL tear in 1998 season. All well the Bears might've drafted Leaf if they had the 1st pick.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
The Bears were close. The Bears started 0-7 in 1998. I was praying for the Bears to go 0-16 in order to get either Leaf or Manning. Why win when the Bears started 0-7? Anyways the Bears end up with 5th pick. Who the Bears select? Curtis Fucking Enis. Held out and got an ACL tear in 1998 season. All well the Bears might've drafted Leaf if they had the 1st pick.
Wow, didn't recall that...very interesting. But, yeah I'm with you..Bears would have fucked it up and went with Leaf. That's what we do and that's what we just did with the TruBUSTsky pick.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Depends on who would be sitting at 1 the following year. AND the reasons the Bears are winless. If its aging D, minimal talent across Offense. That would suck. However, if they were young with potential and only lacking at QB - Hell yeah

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends on who would be sitting at 1 the following year. AND the reasons the Bears are winless. If its aging D, minimal talent across Offense. That would suck. However, if they were young with potential and only lacking at QB - Hell yeah
Young with potential means the team is at least around .500. To be that bad takes years of ineptitude (Detroit Lions). Thats why an owner rides with a shitty GM and HC until they reach rock bottom. Get the no. 1 pick and then clean house with new GM and HC. If there is a good QB at 1, then draft him. If not, trade down and collect future draft capital especially to teams that will suck in the future.

Thats what Miami did this year and Patriots always do.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Young with potential means the team is at least around .500. To be that bad takes years of ineptitude (Detroit Lions). Thats why an owner rides with a shitty GM and HC until they reach rock bottom. Get the no. 1 pick and then clean house with new GM and HC. If there is a good QB at 1, then draft him. If not, trade down and collect future draft capital especially to teams that will suck in the future.

Thats what Miami did this year and Patriots always do.

Doesnt have to be the case. Jags have some young talent and managed to land pick 1.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doesnt have to be the case. Jags have some young talent and managed to land pick 1.
Defensive side is pretty good. Offensive side needs a lot of work.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Defensive side is pretty good. Offensive side needs a lot of work.

They have 3 really good young pieces. RB Robinson, WR Chark, 'LT' Robinson - though on a tag. AND Minshew as a back up

Their OL was actually solid in the run game, Pass Pro needs work for sure. But as is, the biggest spot on the line, LT, is already accounted for. But i can see them trying to upgrade Pass Pro in the draft. They do have 10 picks. With 5 being in the first 3 rounds. 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd. 5 picks in the first 65. 4 in the first 45. Jealous, I am.

TE is their biggest position need on O (already have Trevor Lawrence locked in). Tyler Eifert definitely isnt the answer.

After Chark, Wr needs more, but its a good class and they have captial.

Jags are actually in a great position if Lawrence is the guy and they can hit on other picks.

Last edited: