Wrigley in trouble

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because of this shit ass snow storm, pieces are falling off the roof at Wrigley.. I think they should have it fixed by when season starts but it's still not a good thing. Another reason why this storm fuckin sucks..

Thoughts?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Make Wrigley a landmark and play some games there each year, but just get a new, amazing stadium with bathrooms, a jumbotron, and even some icy.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Put out a hand to Quinn hoping he'll fork over some money. Oh, wait, Ricketts tried that already. Doh!

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope never ever i love wrigley i know its a dump in comparison to other parks in the league but NO JUST NO Wrigley is our dump fix the roof after the snow melts and keep going.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Nope never ever i love wrigley i know its a dump in comparison to other parks in the league but NO JUST NO Wrigley is our dump fix the roof after the snow melts and keep going.

You never want us to leave, not even in 2114 when we still haven't won?

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
You never want us to leave, not even in 2114 when we still haven't won?

No i dont want us to leave and a sick part of me kinda never wants us to win because i may murder all the douchey bandwagon ****** fans who will hop on. It was horrible in 2003 and 2007-2009. Now dont go taking it out of context i want the cubs to win but there is a little part of me that kinda doesnt for that reason. I LOVE wrigley there is no other park like it, maybe it hurts the teams chances of winning the ws but honestly i dont think it does cause whatever team they are facing that day has to deal with the exact same conditions as the cubs. If they are the better team they should win anyway. Its about having tradition and keeping it (it may be a losing one) but that park makes the losing a touch easier.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
No i dont want us to leave and a sick part of me kinda never wants us to win because i may murder all the douchey bandwagon ****** fans who will hop on. It was horrible in 2003 and 2007-2009. Now dont go taking it out of context i want the cubs to win but there is a little part of me that kinda doesnt for that reason. I LOVE wrigley there is no other park like it, maybe it hurts the teams chances of winning the ws but honestly i dont think it does cause whatever team they are facing that day has to deal with the exact same conditions as the cubs. If they are the better team they should win anyway. Its about having tradition and keeping it (it may be a losing one) but that park makes the losing a touch easier.

Yankees moved. :shrug:

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yankees moved. :shrug:

I know and new yank stadium is nowhere near as good as old yankee... Sure its more modern but its a homerun whore. I just dont ever want to change where they play update it to keep it at least decent but dont overhaul the changes though either.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I know and new yank stadium is nowhere near as good as old yankee... Sure its more modern but its a homerun whore. I just dont ever want to change where they play update it to keep it at least decent but dont overhaul the changes though either.

I want Wrigley 2014 to be a HUGE remodeling then.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
I want Wrigley 2014 to be a HUGE remodeling then.

nope massive :nothanks: i wont mind a touch her spucing up there, but a massive overhaul no. The toyota sign, underarmor logos makes my blood boil. I understand that they have to do it to pay the players saleries. I dont mind the batters eye lounge it didnt change things drastically.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Wrigley is a dump.

Better than the meh Cell. Its a nice ball park but has no feel to it.

I would love for Wrigley to be rebuilt in its current spot somehow. I love being able to catch the train or walk to the game. I have an emotional connection to that park. I want t be able to bring my kids there someday because my first game at Wrigley was really something I'll never forget.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
nope massive :nothanks: i wont mind a touch her spucing up there, but a massive overhaul no. The toyota sign, underarmor logos makes my blood boil. I understand that they have to do it to pay the players saleries. I dont mind the batters eye lounge it didnt change things drastically.

Meant huge as in no falling shit, actual bathrooms, and the outside of the park (garage and all).

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Meant huge as in no falling shit, actual bathrooms, and the outside of the park (garage and all).

Thats cool i dont hate that updating is fine just dont want a huge change in look thats it and i dont want corprate america smugging their logos all over the great park that is Wrigley.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really its just the grandstand that needs work. The new bleachers are really good. If there was some way to rebuilt the grandstand itd be fine.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Thats cool i dont hate that updating is fine just dont want a huge change in look thats it and i dont want corprate america smugging their logos all over the great park that is Wrigley.

They should make a giant whale statue to honor the Chicago Whales, original occupants of Wrigley. :)

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really its just the grandstand that needs work. The new bleachers are really good. If there was some way to rebuilt the grandstand itd be fine.

This times eleventy billion.

What makes wrigley is the neighborhood. You aren't going to get that elsewhere.

I think it's pretty easy to fix wrigley honestly. Just play a year at the space ship or comshitski