Wrigley in trouble

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This times eleventy billion.

What makes wrigley is the neighborhood. You aren't going to get that elsewhere.

I think it's pretty easy to fix wrigley honestly. Just play a year at the space ship or comshitski

A. Not the name.
B. It's far from shit.
C. Least we don't have weeds growing out our OF walls. :shrug:

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
What park has weeds growing out its OF walls?

Wrigley bitch!!!! duh and dont be jealous because Wrigley is the best venue in chicago. Followed closely by Solider, then the UC, wherever the fire play, the wolves arena, some high school stadiums, then maybe throw in the cell.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
well i like what jntg4 said but its the best sporting venue in the city, no where else is there a better place to watch any sporting event.

Kaufmann Stadium :shrug:

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
Kaufmann Stadium :shrug:

Kaufmann is in KC home slice... I like watching games there but im saying in chicago it doesnt get better then Wrigley. And arrowhead is the shit too btw.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what else the Cell doesnt have?

Sell outs, season ticket waiting list, an identity, and things to do before and after the game.

This shouldnt be Cell vs Wrigley.

1) sellouts, bleacher chicks, cool bars in the area are great which you guys have.

2) I will take looking at the 2005 World Series banner in the outfield all day long over any of the wrigley perks.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
So true. they actually left a stadium fool of everlasting memories and championships....so yes the cubs can move to a new stadium

The Cubs and Yankees legacies should not be compared. Also, the Yankees let their old park with a great history why would the Cubs want to leave without at least one championship?

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
This shouldnt be Cell vs Wrigley.

1) sellouts, bleacher chicks, cool bars in the area are great which you guys have.

2) I will take looking at the 2005 World Series banner in the outfield all day long over any of the wrigley perks.

There is doubt the Sox have that on the Cubs but at the end of the day why do we watch our teams? Of course I want the cubs to win but watching my favorite team every summer at my favorite park makes me happy win or lose.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Stadium comparisons are stupid IMO. Wrigley has things about that are cool, as does U.S. Cellular. The Cell has its faults, but so does Wrigley. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what someone may hate about Wrigley, someone else loves, what someone else loves about U.S. Cellular someone hates.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrigley bitch!!!! duh and dont be jealous because Wrigley is the best venue in chicago. Followed closely by Solider, then the UC, wherever the fire play, the wolves arena, some high school stadiums, then maybe throw in the cell.

You like an old, cramped, decrepit, smelly stadium? Us Sox fans couldn't wait to see the stadium we had like that meet the business end of the wrecking ball.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:
You like an old, cramped, decrepit, smelly stadium? Us Sox fans couldn't wait to see the stadium we had like that meet the business end of the wrecking ball.

i know its really an argument that sox and cubs fans cant have like whitesox91 said beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but an argument cubs fans can have with each other... Im not trying to start anything with the sox fans on this site im just pissed about some of the cubs fans on this site wanting to tear down wrigley.

Last edited:

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:

Comisky was ugly and Im sorry but US Cell has nothing to offer outside the stadium. Wrigleyville is something special and would die without the cubs. Places like Wrigley make baseball better.

IvyPickin87

Donator
Liked Posts:

And yes i love that "old cramped, decrepit, smelly stadium" its an amazing experience we cubs fans enjoy time and time again... i guess it comes down to what the person loves and has emontional ties to. Its all good gaelic we may not agree on where is the best place to watch a baseball game but at least we can agree on where is the best place to watch a college football game!

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha I started the cell v Wrigley debate in reaction to joecawks. My bad.

Listen, I love Wrigley and I want to see the cubs play there for the rest of my life.