Wrigley in trouble

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope you all know that we will HAVE TO move EVENTUALLY, so tradition is irrelevant.

You know what the day they move i hope is one day after i take a dirt nap...I dont want to ever see them call anywhere else but Wrigley home.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ya, eventually but they aren't going anywhere soon. They've put way too much money into stadium upgrades/renovations just to move anytime soon.

Respectable reasoning.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Wrigley doesn't need to be torn down, they just need to overhaul the upper deck, almost rebuild it if you will. The lower level of Wrigley was pretty nice IMO, the upper deck not to much though. :/

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be hard to build another stadium.. Just no where to build one.. Yeah the best chance is just to re-model the stadium.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be hard to build another stadium.. Just no where to build one.. Yeah the best chance is just to re-model the stadium.

Or build a new one in a suburb. Which would be a huge :obama:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
The Chicago Cubs of Evanstan?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Comisky was ugly and Im sorry but US Cell has nothing to offer outside the stadium. Wrigleyville is something special and would die without the cubs. Places like Wrigley make baseball better.

old comiskey was awesome.

the new park sucked until they overhauled it.

I dont need a bar scene or chicks to enjoy baseball. I am not sure how many games you have been to at the cell, but for me i would rather go there to watch a game. IMO I love the parking lot something the cubs are missing, and tailgating is a blast playing bags with random people.

Id much rather be comfortable in my seat and my surroundings of easy access to food and bathrooms and great viewing from all around the park than the party atmosphere.

my team can play in a little league park somewhere in the sticks, and I would not give a fuck, all I care about is October and winning. hell put the stadium in gary indiana, i dont care. win win win. that is what its about for me anyway.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
old comiskey was awesome.

the new park sucked until they overhauled it.

I dont need a bar scene or chicks to enjoy baseball. I am not sure how many games you have been to at the cell, but for me i would rather go there to watch a game. IMO I love the parking lot something the cubs are missing, and tailgating is a blast playing bags with random people.

Id much rather be comfortable in my seat and my surroundings of easy access to food and bathrooms and great viewing from all around the park than the party atmosphere.

my team can play in a little league park somewhere in the sticks, and I would not give a fuck, all I care about is October and winning. hell put the stadium in gary indiana, i dont care. win win win. that is what its about for me anyway.

Again, I'm not necessarily talking about the bar scene. I understand that people don't care about that.

Ive only been to one game and US Cell and it was nice... Its a good place to watch a game. The upper deck seats feel like a mile away from the field though, unlike Wrigley.

Also, I do not believe that winning is all you, or any fan, care about. Everyone wants their team to win but I am still going to hold the opinion that there is more to watching your favorite team than simply the record. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth... Just MO.

I do care where the Cubs play and I dont think it would mean as much if they won the World Series at a different ball park.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Dews, would you rather sit next to girls like this:
CubsGirl.jpg

51-39641-F.jpg

or the girl on the left side of this picture:
fans.jpg

:smug:

Last edited:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
wow what a tuffy this one is.... :slap:

He said he didn't need no chicks, so I had to show him what he was missing. :shrug:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, I'm not necessarily talking about the bar scene. I understand that people don't care about that.

Ive only been to one game and US Cell and it was nice... Its a good place to watch a game. The upper deck seats feel like a mile away from the field though, unlike Wrigley.

Also, I do not believe that winning is all you, or any fan, care about. Everyone wants their team to win but I am still going to hold the opinion that there is more to watching your favorite team than simply the record. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth... Just MO.

I do care where the Cubs play and I dont think it would mean as much if they won the World Series at a different ball park.

I dont speak for anyone else but me, and again, I dont care if they play in a walmart parking lot as long as bud selig hands over the world series trophy to my team, that is indeed all I can give a fuck about, all the other arguements are irrelevant to myself.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Move to a new Stadium

There is a huge tract of land next to the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates. All they would have to do is add a few bus lines from the Barrington metra stop.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
There is a huge tract of land next to the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates. All they would have to do is add a few bus lines from the Barrington metra stop.

Revenue would go way down then by moving to the suburbs.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I seriously doubt that. People would still come to the games and it would no doubt be a mall. I don't think it's a matter of money in this instance for Ricketts. He met his wife there and as long as the Ricketts own the Cubs, they will be playing at Wrigley.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I seriously doubt that. People would still come to the games and it would no doubt be a mall. I don't think it's a matter of money in this instance for Ricketts. He met his wife there and as long as the Ricketts own the Cubs, they will be playing at Wrigley.

That's what I've always said, but not in this thread. My thoughts exactly.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Wrigley Field is the site of an old Dakota Indian burial ground. The Cubs will never win a title there b/c the land is soiled....lol.

There are already enough fans traveling from the NW burbs to warrant a bus shuttle service from Shaumburg to Wrigley. It could easily be done in reverse. Then again, I'm sort of a purist. I like Wrigley, even though it reeks of urine and is falling apart.