Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Any public bathroom is going to smell like Urine.... have u people not been in a Walmart bathroom?

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Any public bathroom is going to smell like Urine.... have u people not been in a Walmart bathroom?

well that just depends on were you live. The Wal-marts near me smell just fine. I don't live in the city

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
I choose not to use the restrooms at walmart unless i must..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No, I don't. I don't think the entire Lake View neighborhood would die... Just the Wrigleyville part of it. What is this? Are you trying to show how much more you know about Chicago than me? Seriously, whats the point of that?
I mean to say that the name of the neighborhood is Lakeview.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean to say that the name of the neighborhood is Lakeview.

Oh I know what you meant and know that the neighborhood as a whole is called Lakeview but I was referring specifically to Wrigleyville. I realize it is not an official neighborhood but lets not split hairs here.

Last edited:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Oh, I know what you meant and know that the neighborhood as a whole is called Lakeview but I was referring specifically to Wrigleyville. I realize it is not an official neighborhood but lets not split hairs here.

Ya, it really doesn't matter what it's called.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
well that just depends on were you live. The Wal-marts near me smell just fine. I don't live in the city

I don't dare venture into the Walmart bathrooms unless I have too.

Trust me.. I worked at a grocery store when I was 16, and the stories I heard from the cleaners there are gross. That being said, the Women seem to be the disgusting of the two sexes

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I didn't smell any urine when I went there and saw Pittsburgh shut them out 2-0.

You musta had the good cleaning lady that day.
12500256956BtxtT.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It really doesn't.

How can someone even treat this as a debate? I went to the damn place over and over and over again. It smelled like urine through MOST, not all, of the venue. I will be fair here, I haven't gone to Wrigley since 2007. If anything changed, like they installed antimicrobial pee tubs or deodorizers, I wouldn't know.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
How can someone even treat this as a debate? I went to the damn place over and over and over again. It smelled like urine through MOST, not all, of the venue. I will be fair here, I haven't gone to Wrigley since 2007. If anything changed, like they installed antimicrobial pee tubs or deodorizers, I wouldn't know.

I went in 2010, for the only time thus far.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It only took what, 100 years? Why aren't you historian-nuts angry about the most accurate part depicting history at Wrigley being there?

That was Babe Ruths pee you were smelling! Babe freaking Ruth, and it he did it right after he called the shot, because he had to make a run for the pisser, but got it allover the place.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you arent going to make an old stadium perfect. If they want to keep using Wrigley, than they will have to deal with issues like concrete, bathrooms, seating views etc. there is only so much money you can put into an old stadium before it becomes a problem on your bottom line, and at that point the option would be to build a new stadium but the bottom line is now screwed.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
you arent going to make an old stadium perfect. If they want to keep using Wrigley, than they will have to deal with issues like concrete, bathrooms, seating views etc. there is only so much money you can put into an old stadium before it becomes a problem on your bottom line, and at that point the option would be to build a new stadium but the bottom line is now screwed.

Exactly, won't last forever.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, the fear is if the Cubs owners move to a new stadium, will they be able to sit on their hands and still make money. Who cares if its a mallpark. Make it the greatest fucking mallpark on earth.

I'm in the minority among the younger demographics, and people who live near Wrigleyville. I don't think I am in the minority of Cubs fans in general.

And as far as having this whole experience about big screens and means of providing more jobs and revenue in the "malls", I realize that you're a theater person, you prefer live stage performances to movies at the cinema. Don't you think you might be in the minority here?

I know that I am the minority in fans who don't want a mallpark, but I go to the games for baseball because I truly love and appreciate the game. Most people go to be entertained and rightfully so, it is a sporting event. But I said that you are in the minority for people who think Wrigley smells like urine. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Exactly, won't last forever.

No one is saying it is. But at this point in time we are keeping Wrigley. How has this thread reached 12 pages?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I know that I am the minority in fans who don't want a mallpark, but I go to the games for baseball because I truly love and appreciate the game. Most people go to be entertained and rightfully so, it is a sporting event. But I said that you are in the minority for people who think Wrigley smells like urine. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

No one is saying it is. But at this point in time we are keeping Wrigley. How has this thread reached 12 pages?

Oh no, I don't think I'm in the minority when it comes to the urine experience. If I am, then I'm one of the few cubs fans that has a working sense of smell.
Does Wrigley Field really smell like urine? - Yahoo! Answers
Wrigley Field - Wrigleyville - Chicago, IL
You can actually find hundreds of pages about the urine smell in Wrigley.

Why are we still on the urine? I'm pointing at the sun, and you guys are trying to claim it's Uranus. Like I said, it's not even a debate.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Oh no, I don't think I'm in the minority when it comes to the urine experience. If I am, then I'm one of the few cubs fans that has a working sense of smell.
Does Wrigley Field really smell like urine? - Yahoo! Answers
Wrigley Field - Wrigleyville - Chicago, IL
You can actually find hundreds of pages about the urine smell in Wrigley.

Why are we still on the urine? I'm pointing at the sun, and you guys are trying to claim it's Uranus. Like I said, it's not even a debate.

You're really using Yahoo answers as backup? Most of those responses could be fans of other teams that just hate the Cubs, so they say yes because of that.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You're really using Yahoo answers as backup? Most of those responses could be fans of other teams that just hate the Cubs, so they say yes because of that.

Ok? I'm a fan of the Cubs. Are you going to turn around and say that I'm just making this comment, because I'm really not a fan and I hate the Cubs?