Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Comisky was ugly and Im sorry but US Cell has nothing to offer outside the stadium. Wrigleyville is something special and would die without the cubs. Places like Wrigley make baseball better.

If you're into that type of thing, sure, I agree whole heartedly. Not everyone is into the whole bar scene thing. I know a lot of people are, but to say that environments like Wrigley make baseball better is kind of a bold statement IMO. With all due respect of course.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yes i love that "old cramped, decrepit, smelly stadium" its an amazing experience we cubs fans enjoy time and time again... i guess it comes down to what the person loves and has emontional ties to. Its all good gaelic we may not agree on where is the best place to watch a baseball game but at least we can agree on where is the best place to watch a college football game!

You must be talking about Neyland Stadium again.... :)

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're into that type of thing, sure, I agree whole heartedly. Not everyone is into the whole bar scene thing. I know a lot of people are, but to say that environments like Wrigley make baseball better is kind of a bold statement IMO. With all due respect of course.

I'm not even solely talking about the bar scene, in fact ive only drank in Wrigleyville a couple times. Its more than that.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I'm not even solely talking about the bar scene, in fact ive only drank in Wrigleyville a couple times. Its more than that.

Fair enough, but still, not everyone enjoys or needs/wants that type of environment around a stadium.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
No were the beer flows like water and the bitches keep gettin hotter. Kinnick Motha Fuckin Stadium! :beer:

Lol we got cha on seating capacity and recruiting. Is there a signing day thread?

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:

Its the ivy, the scoreboard, sunshine in the bleachers, the line to get into the bleachers, the people in the stands, the player fan interaction, the wind swirling, the faint "go woo cubs woo, woo" from ronnie woo woo in the background, the smell, the peakhole in RF, the beautiful woman deck'd in cubs gear, the streets buzzing with excited fans, the trainride to addisonstation, the rooftops, the "hey hey" on each foul poll, the harry carry sign in RC, vendors on the street, the drummerboys playin on sheffield. thats what i love about wrigley, when i get there it feels like heaven everytime.

Last edited:

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough, but still, not everyone enjoys or needs/wants that type of environment around a stadium.

Well there is obviously a market for it and ya you're right its not for everyone but for me I love that place and it means more to me than just a game. This is a far too subjective debate.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Well there is obviously a market for it and ya you're right its not for everyone but for me I love that place and it means more to me than just a game. This is a far too subjective debate.

And I can respect that.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Tear it down. Tear down UCSF too. Both parks suck compared to the state of the art parks in the country. Go to Miller Park, you'll feel embarrassed to be a Chicago Baseball fan when you realize Chicago is MUCH larger than Milwaukee, and those lunch-meat manglers have the luxury of a 5-star field.

Don't get me wrong. Once I was also attached to the historical aspect of Wrigley. But as the saying goes, people fear what they don't know. And I don't think any of the head honchos know how well the Cubs tickets would sell, if the historical gimmick of Wrigley was gone.

Last edited:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tear it down. Tear down UCSF too. Both parks suck compared to the state of the art parks in the country. Go to Miller Park, you'll feel embarrassed to be a Chicago Baseball fan when you realize Chicago is MUCH larger than Milwaukee, and those lunch-meat manglers have the luxury of a 5-star field.

Don't get me wrong. Once I was also attached to the historical aspect of Wrigley. But as the saying goes, people fear what they don't know. And I don't think any of the head honchos know how well the Cubs tickets would sell, if the historical gimmick of Wrigley was gone.

But that's just it, we DO know. It's a mallpark, not a ballpark. It's so commercialized. What truly makes Wrigley special is that it is a baseball park, where you can watch baseball. It's about the game, not the ads and between inning entertainment. There is no JumboTron that can show you what you missed, you actually have to watch the game.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I may be "old school" but the Cubs without Wrigley Field just doesn't seem right:smh:

You'd rather have pieces of roof falling on you?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The roof can be fixed.....I am opposed to moving to a new stadium.

Think about how many times they had to fix the roof and concrete already though...

We can't stay there forever you know.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I hope you all know that we will HAVE TO move EVENTUALLY, so tradition is irrelevant.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope you all know that we will HAVE TO move EVENTUALLY, so tradition is irrelevant.

Ya, eventually but they aren't going anywhere soon. They've put way too much money into stadium upgrades/renovations just to move anytime soon.