You guys gotta get your shlt straight

ptisme

Liked Posts:
That's kinda my point... It's not necessary to build based on need you have a franchise HOF QB...

Now u build around him... But not out of need... Just get the best talent you can around him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is your opinion on where the Bears go from here if the season ended today. How far does the overhaul extend?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
So what is your opinion on where the Bears go from here if the season ended today. How far does the overhaul extend?

As far as cutting players? Draft strategy?Coaching changes? GM changes?

What exactly are you asking?

ptisme

Liked Posts:
BTW, a bit of humor. I have a buddy who is a Bears fan that was at the game the other night who posted this on FB: "Third time I've heard Pour some sugar on me. The only thing frozen at Lambeau is time."

mecha

Liked Posts:
as far as personnel, tweaking.

coaching? that's a complete overhaul.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Complete overhaul or tweaking?

I called for a complete rebuild before we got Marshall... Was sad to hear Trestman and Emery say they weren't rebuilding... I knew how fucked they were 3 years ago with the talent they had outside of the aging vets...Every year after that we lost more and more talent... First Urlacher, then Peppers, now Tillman and Briggs...

What needs to happen is you focus on making young leaders out of players drafted in the Emery Era because this is their team now... Long, Fuller, Jeffery, maybe Sutton Bostic, Fergusson and anyone else 27 or under...

The key is to identify the team to fans as a young team transitioning to a competitive young team... Any veterans here are here to compliment the young players not lead them...

People think the leader has to be the QB... Walter Payton was the leader of the Bears in 85... Ray Lewis was the leader of the Ravens... Brooks Tampa Bay... LOB Sherman Thomas Wagner leaders... Young leaders...

Part 2 coming

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The key moving forward for this franchise is to take this bad season on the chin and try to compete next year... Because the nail is in the coffin for this years team...

We aren't going to win anything next year unless our offense turns into the delusional fantasy all us bears fm fans thought it could be... And our defensive draft picks of recent blossom into superstars... Problem is we only have 4 or 5 guys with possible starter talent recently drafted... So unless 2 of them turn into stars probably another year of bad defense...

My first move is getting my most trusted scouts working as hard as they can to make sure they see as much talent in every round as possible... Specifically assigning certain players to watch certain round talent graded players...

We should have every intention of picking up a future pick by trading back from a top 10 pick to 15 20 25 30 doesn't matter... Heck you could even pick up an extra 2nd rounder...If you want to build a team through the draft you have to make sacrifices...

Right now it looks like next year we won't be competing for Super Bowls... Maybe if we get lucky we get a wildcard birth but I doubt it... Detroit is stacked with talent from years of early draft picks... Green Bay has Rodgers and he carries them to a franchise every year...

If we want to compete it's all about winning in the draft... Either securing a future 1st round pick or picking up an extra second and getting an extra starting caliber talent at a position of need...

Coaches aren't the problem but they really do have to go... There's been bad blood and mutiny in the locker room from the second lovie was let go.... Best thing for this team is getting rid of lovie loyalists and hiring a coach that the young players can build a relationship with and be loyal to... Because they quit on Trestman and that comes from other players who are leading the players not from individual players thinking the same thing all at once... Attitude respect are something these young players aren't showing this coach... Probably because certain vets fall asleep in meetings and could care less what coaches think... Bad examples being set...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
When you look at the GM he did everything right except tell the truth... Instead of saying their is way too much old talent and old overpaid FAs and not enough young healthy talented guys in their prime... He said we can build a competitive team through free agency further delaying the rebuilding process that could have been restarted years ago...

We get FAs to try to be a better than average team not so we can compete with elite teams and perennial playoff teams... This only delays and hinders our ability to build a better team...

other than Shea love the draft picks Emery has made... And chances are if we didn't try so hard to compete to be average every year we would hit on some early 3rd and fourth round players...

Most fans and and executives can't seem to look at sports from a #s perspective... They only see what's right in front of them... Every year 90% of GM are doing what's best for themselves and not the franchise... I can save my career if only this one guy has a grammar season... 12 eggs one basket... Instead of using reason and intelligence and explaining... You can fire me but i just put this franchise in a position to have a huge advantage in the future... Whether I'm here for that doesn't matter because the future will belong to you if you make wise choices...

If I was a GM for this franchise or the another team in a similar situation (Tennessee) I would be trading my first round pick and trying my hardest to take control of the future of the sport... Not trying to hurry the franchise again to build a team that's competing for wild card spots every year... Now doesn't seem to be our time... So why does it make sense to be the 12th best team every year?!

Is that the tradition we want to be known for? Mediocrity?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Is your preference a defensive or offensive minded head coach?

I would prefer the head coach be defensive minded, and have a very high caliber offensive coordinator. I don't know who these people would be though. I'm just tired of the franchise settling for shit when the high profile guys are RIGHT THERE. I'm not gonna harp about missing the boat on Arians, but, jesus christ..

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
vinson555;1640740[B said:
]I can't say I don't disagree with the topic[/B] started here. But one way or another, we have said this in this forum already. Sometimes to an extremist point. Well at least the Hawks and Bulls will be good this year and a post season team, if not threat.

Woah, that's a triple negative there buddy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard to rebuild through the draft with only 3 years of it but the rest is close enough.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
OP Lost me at root for other teams in our division! lmfao...NEVER!!! How the hell can any REAL Bears fan do this? If the Bears suck, and they do this season, I always pull for an AFC team to win it all, because WHY in the world would I want a NFC team, let alone division team win the superbowl!???

OP GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!

ptisme

Liked Posts:
The key moving forward for this franchise is to take this bad season on the chin and try to compete next year... Because the nail is in the coffin for this years team...

We aren't going to win anything next year unless our offense turns into the delusional fantasy all us bears fm fans thought it could be... And our defensive draft picks of recent blossom into superstars... Problem is we only have 4 or 5 guys with possible starter talent recently drafted... So unless 2 of them turn into stars probably another year of bad defense...

My first move is getting my most trusted scouts working as hard as they can to make sure they see as much talent in every round as possible... Specifically assigning certain players to watch certain round talent graded players...

We should have every intention of picking up a future pick by trading back from a top 10 pick to 15 20 25 30 doesn't matter... Heck you could even pick up an extra 2nd rounder...If you want to build a team through the draft you have to make sacrifices...

Right now it looks like next year we won't be competing for Super Bowls... Maybe if we get lucky we get a wildcard birth but I doubt it... Detroit is stacked with talent from years of early draft picks... Green Bay has Rodgers and he carries them to a franchise every year...

If we want to compete it's all about winning in the draft... Either securing a future 1st round pick or picking up an extra second and getting an extra starting caliber talent at a position of need...

Coaches aren't the problem but they really do have to go... There's been bad blood and mutiny in the locker room from the second lovie was let go.... Best thing for this team is getting rid of lovie loyalists and hiring a coach that the young players can build a relationship with and be loyal to... Because they quit on Trestman and that comes from other players who are leading the players not from individual players thinking the same thing all at once... Attitude respect are something these young players aren't showing this coach... Probably because certain vets fall asleep in meetings and could care less what coaches think... Bad examples being set...

Coaching IMHO is 100 percent the problem. That defense was clueless out there the other night. And an offensive game plan featuring Jay Cutler's arm at Lambeau field? It was almost like Ted Thompson snuck down to Chicago during the bye week and put some kind of divination on the coaching staff. Players on neither side of the ball were put in position to be successful the last two games.

ptisme

Liked Posts:
When you look at the GM he did everything right except tell the truth... Instead of saying their is way too much old talent and old overpaid FAs and not enough young healthy talented guys in their prime... He said we can build a competitive team through free agency further delaying the rebuilding process that could have been restarted years ago...

We get FAs to try to be a better than average team not so we can compete with elite teams and perennial playoff teams... This only delays and hinders our ability to build a better team...

other than Shea love the draft picks Emery has made... And chances are if we didn't try so hard to compete to be average every year we would hit on some early 3rd and fourth round players...

Most fans and and executives can't seem to look at sports from a #s perspective... They only see what's right in front of them... Every year 90% of GM are doing what's best for themselves and not the franchise... I can save my career if only this one guy has a grammar season... 12 eggs one basket... Instead of using reason and intelligence and explaining... You can fire me but i just put this franchise in a position to have a huge advantage in the future... Whether I'm here for that doesn't matter because the future will belong to you if you make wise choices...

If I was a GM for this franchise or the another team in a similar situation (Tennessee) I would be trading my first round pick and trying my hardest to take control of the future of the sport... Not trying to hurry the franchise again to build a team that's competing for wild card spots every year... Now doesn't seem to be our time... So why does it make sense to be the 12th best team every year?!

Is that the tradition we want to be known for? Mediocrity?

That was what Thompson had when Sherman was fired here. The Ron Wolf well was drying up and we were overspending on FA's from other teams and overspending for tired average talent within. Thompson quickly Jettisoned the dead weight and we had a four win season the next which led to a top four pick: Hawk:(. The plan was to have another top five pick the next year but Favre screwed that up by having one of his best seasons under the watchful eye of Mike McCarthy.

ptisme

Liked Posts:
I would prefer the head coach be defensive minded, and have a very high caliber offensive coordinator. I don't know who these people would be though. I'm just tired of the franchise settling for shit when the high profile guys are RIGHT THERE. I'm not gonna harp about missing the boat on Arians, but, jesus christ..
As a GM you have to find talent. Second to that is you have to have a coaching staff that can develop these guys. Number one on that list is to develop a QB. The only thing harder to find than a QB is a coach that can develop one. An assistant that can develop a QB will not be with your team long as he will be a head coach. Therefore you want your head coach to be offensive minded (McCarthy) who can develop quarterbacks. Then hire a DC that is more than happy to run that side of the ball and be left alone (Buddy Ryan for instance back in the day)... Much easier to do that than to find an OC who is a genius because he won't be with you long (someone will hire him to be a HC).

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
That was what Thompson had when Sherman was fired here. The Ron Wolf well was drying up and we were overspending on FA's from other teams and overspending for tired average talent within. Thompson quickly Jettisoned the dead weight and we had a four win season the next which led to a top four pick: Hawk:(. The plan was to have another top five pick the next year but Favre screwed that up by having one of his best seasons under the watchful eye of Mike McCarthy.

I'm guessing that cutler will have his best year next year under a new coach... Right when we are about to rebuild and give up on his offense he will keep us hanging on the possibility of what if it was just a bad season last year... I can't tell you either way... Some days he looks great, others he looks like a backup... This season he has been terrible...

Right now everyone hates Jay because we expected an MVP type season from him...

We needed to rebuild 4 years ago but Urlacher insisted we give the defense a chance... That failed so we built an offense around a mediocre team and a mediocre defense... Using our draft picks on players who became busts didn't help...

The Bears right now are comparable to an old junker car with a few average quality parts as replacements...

We need a brand new engine for our team... A defensive end that terrorizes QBs for a decade would be a perfect way to start...

ptisme

Liked Posts:
I'm guessing that cutler will have his best year next year under a new coach... Right when we are about to rebuild and give up on his offense he will keep us hanging on the possibility of what if it was just a bad season last year... I can't tell you either way... Some days he looks great, others he looks like a backup... This season he has been terrible...

Right now everyone hates Jay because we expected an MVP type season from him...

We needed to rebuild 4 years ago but Urlacher insisted we give the defense a chance... That failed so we built an offense around a mediocre team and a mediocre defense... Using our draft picks on players who became busts didn't help...

The Bears right now are comparable to an old junker car with a few average quality parts as replacements...

We need a brand new engine for our team... A defensive end that terrorizes QBs for a decade would be a perfect way to start...

It takes a ton of luck. I'm getting slammed here for saying I rooted for the Bears in the playoffs in the 80's because they are in our division. But teams are teams and fans are fans and we're all pretty much the same: Homers.
Re Cutler: I thought about whether I'd want the Packers bringing him in to finish out his career as a backup down the road. Maybe working with McCarthy could do him wonders like it did for Favre. Favre was basically the most over rated quarterback in the league from the time Holmgren left in 99' until McCarthy was able to reign him in, in 07'. But I don't think I'd want him on the Packers. He just doesn't seem like a leader.