You guys gotta get your shlt straight

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It takes a ton of luck. I'm getting slammed here for saying I rooted for the Bears in the playoffs in the 80's because they are in our division. But teams are teams and fans are fans and we're all pretty much the same: Homers.
Re Cutler: I thought about whether I'd want the Packers bringing him in to finish out his career as a backup down the road. Maybe working with McCarthy could do him wonders like it did for Favre. Favre was basically the most over rated quarterback in the league from the time Holmgren left in 99' until McCarthy was able to reign him in, in 07'. But I don't think I'd want him on the Packers. He just doesn't seem like a leader.

He's one of your most successful quarterbacks already. He's, what, 10-1 now? He has a great long bomb to Sam Shields, and the dump offs to Clay Mathews are also dangerous. If I were McCarthy I'd sign him to a 10 year deal. Maybe do a straight trade of Rodgers for Cutler, since Cutler's winning record for the packers is far more impressive.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
This guy must be hella happy after that victory. He a expert now.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He's one of your most successful quarterbacks already. He's, what, 10-1 now? He has a great long bomb to Sam Shields, and the dump offs to Clay Mathews are also dangerous. If I were McCarthy I'd sign him to a 10 year deal. Maybe do a straight trade of Rodgers for Cutler, since Cutler's winning record for the packers is far more impressive.

LOL, that's great. The dumpoff to Matthews actually made me laugh.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buddy we just got our GM and he has drafted better talent than the Packers the 3 years he has been here... He just hasn't drafted an Aaron Rogers... Alshon Jeffery is a stud, Long made a probowl, fuller would be a standout and possible probowler on a great team...

But the problem isn't this GM it was the old one... We have 3 players left on our team drafted from 06 -11... It's not that they couldn't make our team they haven't been able to make another NFL lineup...

I'm sorry but our old GM messed this team up for a long time... Just asking... Which player drafted by Green Bay is a star around the league from 2012 until now?! Not good but a star or star caliber? None I would say...

So it's about building through the draft but building through the draft for more than just the last few years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:confused:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers are the luckiest team in history. Favre and then Rodgers falls into their lap. Meanwhile we go through 2 decades of wasted draft/fa moves on some of the most garbage qbs ever to barely throw a ball, culminating in having to give up 2 first rounders for jay fucking cutler.

Their QB luck covers up for so many other mistakes and saves you having to waste draft picks cleaning up after them. The truth is without Rodgers they are an 8-8ish or worse team. But the QB gods love them and hate us, so they will end up with having had 30 years of HOF qb play when its all done.... assuming they dont luck into another 15 year run with an all-time great as soon as Rodgers is finally done.

They are a solid org, not a bottom feeder like the Bears, but not in the elites in terms of management either. They make more mistakes than the top tier does, and like I said basically have those obscured by having the best qb in the league. Put Jay Cutler on GB and Rodgers on the Bears and Sunday night probably ends up with the same score.... Rodgers 55 Cutler 14.

Look, I don't like the Packers anymore than you do, but thats the most ignorant statement I've heard to date. They traded a 1st round pick for Favre who had been a 2nd round pick the year before. Farve then spent the entire year on the bench, THAT'S NOT LUCK. Yes, Rodgers dropped in the draft, but with Farve still performing at a high level, the Packers had the foresight to draft Rodgers anyway, despite needs in other areas. THAT IS NOT LUCK.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Look, I don't like the Packers anymore than you do, but thats the most ignorant statement I've heard to date. They traded a 1st round pick for Favre who had been a 2nd round pick the year before. Farve then spent the entire year on the bench, THAT'S NOT LUCK. Yes, Rodgers dropped in the draft, but with Farve still performing at a high level, the Packers had the foresight to draft Rodgers anyway, despite needs in other areas. THAT IS NOT LUCK.

well run teams can do that. teams with homegrown talent through drafting. Bears are the polar opposite and won't have that luxury for awhile. in the very least, they won't have a GREAT QB installed already while they're finding the new one. they'll have to blow it hardcore like the Colts did, and even still, I don't think they'd have the turnaround the following year like they did.

TheRivalry

Liked Posts:
Packers are the luckiest team in history. Favre and then Rodgers falls into their lap. Meanwhile we go through 2 decades of wasted draft/fa moves on some of the most garbage qbs ever to barely throw a ball, culminating in having to give up 2 first rounders for jay fucking cutler.

Their QB luck covers up for so many other mistakes and saves you having to waste draft picks cleaning up after them. The truth is without Rodgers they are an 8-8ish or worse team. But the QB gods love them and hate us, so they will end up with having had 30 years of HOF qb play when its all done.... assuming they dont luck into another 15 year run with an all-time great as soon as Rodgers is finally done.

They are a solid org, not a bottom feeder like the Bears, but not in the elites in terms of management either. They make more mistakes than the top tier does, and like I said basically have those obscured by having the best qb in the league. Put Jay Cutler on GB and Rodgers on the Bears and Sunday night probably ends up with the same score.... Rodgers 55 Cutler 14.
Don't know if I'd go so far as to say "luckiest team in history"..... Bob Harlan recognized the need to finally go out and get an established GM, went ahead and pulled the trigger on Ron Wolf, who was determined to go out and get an unknown QB with an enormous upside that was partying his career away down in Atlanta. A few years later, Ted Thompson waited about 2 seconds before taking Arod after 23 other teams passed on him. I would agree that there was some luck there, seeing just how good Rodgers turned out to be. Luck helps, but you have to have a GM that can spot talent.

ptisme

Liked Posts:
well run teams can do that. teams with homegrown talent through drafting. Bears are the polar opposite and won't have that luxury for awhile. in the very least, they won't have a GREAT QB installed already while they're finding the new one. they'll have to blow it hardcore like the Colts did, and even still, I don't think they'd have the turnaround the following year like they did.

I think Cutler will be OK IF: 1. You don't ask him to carry your team. He can make all the throws but he shouldn't be asked to score every time he has the ball. I think if he were reigned in he'd be ok if:
2. The defense (much like the Packers the last few years) needs to be upgraded.

The Bears have talent but they need a coaching and defensive makeover. Look at how quickly Arizona and Detroit changed it around when they got coaching.

ptisme

Liked Posts:
@the rivalry
And coaching. Rodgers may not have amounted to anything had SFO taken him at one. McCarthy has proven what he can do with quarterbacks. If the Bears clean house you have to get a coach that can develop quarterbacks. I can't remember the Bears ever having that.