Lows:
Anything that happened from 1997 until 2001
Grossman injury in the '05 preseason
The 2010 NFCCG
Cutler's 2012-2014 campaigns
The GB game in 2014 where Rodgers went for 6 TD's in the first half
Neal Anderson's hamstring injury
1986-1991
Realizing we had drafted Cade McNown(00-present)
There was specifically a Bears v Raiders game in 1993 where we lost a game on two Butler missed FGs and I cried in my garage out of frustration.

I echo a majority of this.

I was in Rockford at Old Chicago surrounded by Packer fans talking shit that game... so that is probably like the ultimate low in my time of watching. Anderson was knee injury though, amazing how that was a career ender still then and now guys like AP return in a few months from it lol

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I echo a majority of this.

I was in Rockford at Old Chicago surrounded by Packer fans talking shit that game... so that is probably like the ultimate low in my time of watching. Anderson was knee injury though, amazing how that was a career ender still then and now guys like AP return in a few months from it lol

No. Anderson was a hamstring injury. Tore it off the bone. Was never the same after that(1991).

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Highs:

Sweetness
The Super Bowl Shuffle coming out ... right after losing. Pure balls
The ability to still win the Super Bowl even with the huge target on our backs because of the Superbowl Shuffle
Throwing a shutout during the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl
When Papa Bear made it snow as Marshall is entering the end zone with a fumble recovery to end the game (5:24 mark).
[video=youtube;T9Mz4AMoGEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Mz4AMoGEA[/video]
Devin Hester's TD return in the Superbowl
The day we traded for Cutler
The comeback vs Arizona

Lows

The Day. Waking up with a high fever, being shamed into playing our intramural flag football championship game with a high fever by Howard Griffith (future Denver Broncos championship fullback), playing and losing the flag football game with a high fever in a torrential rain, being sick as a dog and watching the Bears undefeated 1985 season end against Miami
The Favre / Aaron Rodgers years
Realizing that Cutler was ... Cutler.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I turned 9 during the '85 season so I was too young to really appreciate that like I will when they win it again.

Biggest highs:

- The whole 2001 season - it just had a magical feel about it. The emergence of Urlacher as an elite player, the 49ers and Browns back to back games with Mike Brown's OT pick 6s, the traylor int. One of the funnest seasons ever.

- The 2006 season - another incredibly fun year. great group of friends at my regular bar, the bartender made lunchboxes for us every time we scored a TD, so Sexy Rexy had everyone hammered by 1:30 in September and October. The miracle in the desert. The icing on the cake was when it started to snow in the fourth quarter in the NFCC game, just like it did in the '85 NFCC game against the Rams. Felt like destiny.

Lows:

- two weeks after that game. What a let down, especially after the Hester return had everyone thinking we're going to do it. Very sobering night.

- the 2010 NFCC game. Watching Cutler sulk on the sideline while the Packers took the Halas trophy at Soldier Field. That was the straw that turned me against him, even though I had growing doubts throughout the 2009 season with all his picks.

Mitchapalooza

Highs:

NFCCG
Superbowl and the Hester return TD
Trading for Cutler. I literally ran through my house.

Lows:

Losing the Superbowl
2010 NFCCG
Basically 2013-2017 as a whole.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Best watching jimmy mac come off the bench and win, that Dominant Defense, mike Ditka show , knew the SB was in the bag. Fun team to watch.

Low: last few years with all the rule changes and lack of talent made it easy to find other thing to do, but lots of Travel. Bears are must watch again. IMO

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
High : Comeback vs Arizona. My dad had cancer at the time and was in the hospital. He wound up waking up half of the ward yelling. Really went NUTS when Hester snagged the lead.

Low : Super Bowl loss and the NFC Championship defeat to the Packers. Fucking Cutler and Hanie.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The low was definitely the 2010 NFC Championship. I was mad for well over a week. Compounded by the sting of needing to listen to people question Cutler's "toughness" keeping the wound fresh. Cutler had a lot of problems, but lack of "toughness" wasn't one of them.

BearsFan!

Liked Posts:
Best Memories/Moments
1)85 Bears Superbowl - Stationed in Germany and was away from home for the first time. Nothing like the connection of the Bears winning when your oversea and homesick.

2) Bears vs Cleveland, Nov 4, 2001. Bears came back with 2 touchdowns in the final 28 seconds and Mike Brown had a pick 6 to win it in overtime (for the second time in as many weeks.) I was my Brothers Best Man and this was the Bachelor Party I set up for him. Glad we stayed with til the end.

Worst Memories:
1) Walter Payton passing away. I went over his house in Arlington Heights on Halloween and got to meet him, one of my hero at the time. he passed away too young.

2) The 2 years of Mel Tucker as our defensive coordinator - I didn't believe that the Bears would have that bad of a defense in my lifetime. Not once, but twice

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best was snow starting to fall in the 85 championship annihilation with the team wearing Hallas arm bands. SB was great but had the feel of inevitability. Watching Urlacher break scheme and take over in the AZ comeback win was awesome as well.

Worst was seeing Knox get folded in half the wrong way.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
High:

Lows:

- 1992 season. I was young enough to be way too invested in the Bears (now it's no biggie if they lose), and was spoiled from the great teams of the previous years.

- Mel Tucker's defense. What a complete shit show that was, and it made me not even want to watch the Bears.

- Payton's final carry against Washington in the playoff loss. He was pushed out of bounds, and it was sad knowing that I would never see him play again.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The '85 Super Bowl by far bar none was the biggest highlight that I seriously doubt will ever be matched. In a weird way, I really did like watching Bobby Douglas play.

The passing of Brian Piccolo. While I was only 8, it did bother me. The passing of Walter Payton really hurt too. The late 60s, the whole 70s, and everything after the 80s save for a few years under Lovie with a good D has been abysmal but pales over the deaths of Piccolo and Payton to me.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
the entire 85 season was just awesome

lowest ….I think we had gone 13-3....were facing McNabb in the playoffs..I lived in Texas and myself and another Bears fan were watching in a bar and there were 2 really loud Eagles fans in there whooping it up, we were discussing whether we should legit kick their asses or not.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This is my 2nd season as a Bears fan. So last year was my low point, and this is my high.

But having been a Lions fan before that...ive experienced more lows than all of you put together...lol

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
This is my 2nd season as a Bears fan. So last year was my low point, and this is my high.

But having been a Lions fan before that...ive experienced more lows than all of you put together...lol

I wonder what the "highs" would be for a Lions fan :thinking:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
High: Every part of the 1985 season minus the Dolphins game.

Low: When I learned one of my childhood heroes, Walter Payton, had terminal cancer. Seeing him thin and frail, cry talking about his liver disease and cancer.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

How does one become a fan of a different team? It's would be as easy as changing my ethnicity for me.