Your Bears Fan Life: Highest High/Lowest Low

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Highest High: Devin Hester's opening kickoff return TD in the Super Bowl. That simply felt like destiny... like we were going to slaughter the Colts.

Lowest Low: Maybe because it is so fresh, but our week 1 loss to Mr. Hero Rodgers... that first half felt like we were finally going to get one of those wins over the Packers that I think all Bears fans have been craving for years and years. Absolute domination and destruction, after a decade of being slapped around and humiliated.... only to be slapped around and humiliated in the 2nd half.

That 2010 NFCCG loss is easily a close 2nd, and with time is probably my real lowest low because it was much like week 1 this year, but on such a giant stage, and it gave the Packers a Super Bowl.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
If we are narrowing it down to singular moments...

High: James Allen catching the hail mary from Shane Matthews to send the 2001 Bears-Browns game into OT. That moment was incredible.

Low: When it was announced that Cliff Stein had made Jay Cutler the highest paid player in professional football. I just couldn't believe it. It still is astounding to me.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The 85 season was the high.
Watching those ancient dolphin cocksuckers celebrating after the Miami loss...low

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Highs

The obvious 2006 SuperBowl run, I just remember running around like a madman during the Saints game. That team was so fun to root for.

Any win we've gotten against Favre or Rodgers. The ones that come to mind are the Urlacher pick six slaughter of Favre, and the night we ruined legends night at Lambeau vs Rodgers. They're sparse, but they felt so good.

Cutler Trade...

Lows

2006 Superbowl loss. That will never go away.

NFCCG Enough said.

Personally, losing Mike Brown after the first game against the Chargers in 07. I will forever hate Lorenzo Neal for ending my favorite player of all time Bears career.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
High

44-0 over Cowboys in 85

Seeing that team play in Detroit (Perry fumble rumble, Payton TD throw, Gentry 2nd half kickoff TD, Marshall hit)

Meeting Matt Suhey

Low

80s skins and 49ers

The trade for Cutler (not a fan of his before he was a Bear)

Still being a fan