Your Bears Fan Life: Highest High/Lowest Low

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I was only 5 when 85 happened, so didn't get to live through it.

High: Gotta be when Jones ran that long TD vs the Saints in the NFC Title game, as it was the moment I knew my team would be playing in a Superbowl.

Low: Prime time beat down vs the Packers in that Trestman 2nd year. Watching Rodgers put up 50, a week after Brady had done the same, only this time it was the dumb Packers and my Facebook feed was loaded with shit talk from every Packer fan I know....ie, most of the people on my Facebook page.

richb688

Liked Posts:
High points-85 season of dominance, watching the greatest player ever Walter, and the Hester Touchdown in the big game.

lows Walter dying, Bears losing super bowl, Miami game in 85. I have since met Marino after that game- he is a friend of my cousin. I Told him what I thought about that game. Beat down by Greenbay 6 touchdowns first half ughhhhhh, and NFC loss to Greenbay

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
Mine

What was your best moment(s) and worst moment(s) as a Bears fan?

highs: winning the super bowl in 1985, watching Jimmy Mac come off the bench and throw back to back TD's and smashing the Queens during that season, seeing Sweetness break at least 2 records (Most rushing yards in a Single game ...275 against the queens, and Rice's record for Career Rushing yards), Anytime Sweetness forearmed a defender trying to tackle him, all of his spectacular run plays, Watching Fridge blow up that pucker lb at the goaline during that season. Watching Dent's Sacks, the blocked field goal by Bryan Cox that beat the puckers, and which he said that Walters Ghost must have picked him up because he had never jumped that high in his life, Sweetness throwing TD's,, Everybody knowing that for years the entire Bears offense was Sweetness and yet he still got his yards and TD's anyway,being at Soldier Field when Johnny Knox returned a punt for a TD against the lions, The comeback win At Arizona, Dave Williams OT kickoff return against the lions.

lows : Sweetness not scoring in the SB, Bob Avelinii at qb, Evil Rex, Walter's death, Drafting Allred, Enis, Mcnown, Benson in the first round, The Bears not becoming a dynasty because of Mcmahon's Ego.

Albert Flasher

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best Memories/Moments
1)85 Bears Superbowl - Stationed in Germany and was away from home for the first time. Nothing like the connection of the Bears winning when your oversea and homesick.

2) Bears vs Cleveland, Nov 4, 2001. Bears came back with 2 touchdowns in the final 28 seconds and Mike Brown had a pick 6 to win it in overtime (for the second time in as many weeks.) I was my Brothers Best Man and this was the Bachelor Party I set up for him. Glad we stayed with til the end.

Worst Memories:
1) Walter Payton passing away. I went over his house in Arlington Heights on Halloween and got to meet him, one of my hero at the time. he passed away too young.

2) The 2 years of Mel Tucker as our defensive coordinator - I didn't believe that the Bears would have that bad of a defense in my lifetime. Not once, but twice

Thank you for serving.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best:

2006 especially the Arizona game

Hester's returns

Having a great offense for a year in 2013 even though it came at a great cost

Worst:

Drafting Trubersky

Trestman's final year

Second half collapses in 2011-2012

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Ok. I was born in 85 so I didn’t see that team.

High:
2006 season. Hester opening up the Super Bowl with a TD.
Kyle Orton game winning drive against Atlanta

Cutler
Peppers
Marshall
Josh McCown
Fangio
KAHLIL MACK

Low:
losing the super bowl
Falcons game winning Field Goal

Cutler
2010 NFC Championship
Chris Conte
Mel Tucker
Trestman
CUTLER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Highest highs were beating the shit out of Minnesota in the 94 playoffs with Steve Walsh. Also 2010, bringing Vick back to earth and beating the piss out of Seattle in the playoffs, because I was there for both. Most of the 06 season.

Lows, SB loss and 2010 NFCCG. I want to see the bears win a super bowl. I was only a baby in 85. Cubs and Bears were all I ever really wanted to see. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd see the Cubs win first.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Best: ‘06-‘07 Super Bowl run. Honorable mention to the only Bears game I’ve ever been to, in which they made a great comeback against the Chiefs a few years ago at Arrowhead. Bears were done and buried, down like 17-3 with just a few minutes left. Won 18-17. Got drunk. Ate BBQ. Was good.

Worst: Aaron Rodgers Fourth Down flick up past Conte for the touchdown to push Bears out of playoff contention and put the Packers into the playoffs. That was even more personally devastating to me than the NFC Championship loss.

macbear67

Liked Posts:
Highs - Whole 85 Superbowl season (minus Miami), Mike Brown comeback wins, Urlacher owning Michael Vick, Devin Hester touchdowns the whole Super Bowl season
Lows - Rick Mirer, Cade McNown, Craig Krenzel

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Highs: my father telling me to watch #51 play. Getting to enjoy Walter Payton's entire career. 85.

Lows: Going with 2. First, capping off a rough day in Hilton Head, went put put with wife, loose rock, I fell into the water hazard, struck my head, required wifes RN skillz to fix, went to dinner at Benihana, cook was flirting with girls at table cap came off of his oil bottle, he set the entire table in fire singed my stache, went back to condo, Bears got trashed on Monday night game.

Second, woke up from a 12 hour surgery at Duke University in 1982. Vomiting up grape juice, had not eaten in 2 days, father brings in pizza I can't eat, Bears destroyed yet again on Monday Night football.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
High - 85 season
Low - The day they announced Mel Tucker as DC. I went off. People kept asking if my account was hacked, I went from a positive poster to a unBearable (halftime) asshole.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Which championship was your favorite to watch? I wish I had 9 to choose from like you.

NFL Championships (pre-1970 AFL–NFL merger) (8)
1921, 1932, 1933, 1940, 1941, 1943, 1946, 1963

Super Bowl championships (1)
1985 (XX)

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Simple:

High
1985 Super Bowl

Low
2010 NFC championship game losing to GB in Chicago. Worst loss in Bears history and we got to see it.

6148604119_774d5dfb24_b.jpg

Aaron+Rodgers+2011+NFC+Championship+Green+KfehAmL3qi7l.jpg
i

Ewww!

cd35

Liked Posts:
Honorable mention to the only Bears game I’ve ever been to, in which they made a great comeback against the Chiefs a few years ago at Arrowhead. Bears were done and buried, down like 17-3 with just a few minutes left. Won 18-17. Got drunk. Ate BBQ. Was good.

Ha I was at that game. Kansas City is prob the best stadium with the friendliest people. BBQ is awesome too. Great comeback.